The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

After The Fall

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: After The Fall   Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:28 am

OOS - Ok, finally getting things under way, here. First things first. I run a little lax on rules, so my basic overriding rule is to have some sense. Other than that, just make sure you're up to date on the major rules for the forum, in general.

Its fine to post out of character in this thread, so long as you qualify it with OOC or OOS (Out of Character, Out of Story), and IC or IS (In Character, In Story).

Most characters should make their way to a star port 108D on New Eden. Your first few post are mostly introductory, and do not need to be able to be directly responded to. Any characters that can't make it, or that it is improbable that they would be at the star port to start (Kotie, and Iguana's characters, unless Iguana is off her home planet at the start of her post), can fall in line as the story progresses. Don't worry about your character being late, this thread, itself was started late. :p

Also, I procrastinated quite a bit with this character introduction... Don't be suprised that it isn't very good. I just feel I should get this thing off the ground, even if it is with a sputtering engine. heh

---

IS:

Lights slowly flickered on as the Mag Tube came to a stop. The door whirred and slid open, as two robed figures slowly stepped out into a large cavernous chamber. Walking forward one lowered his hood. He was a tall thin jackal with purple, pupiless eyes, and brown graying fur.

"Today is the day your true learning begins. All you have learned here, in this cloistered place is meaningless, without perspective, Brother Alden."

The other Diviner lowered his hood as well. His rebreather system sounded with a wisp and sputtered before again falling silent. "I... I am not sure I am ready to leave this place. there is so much more I could be doing."

The jackal shook his head and stopped for a moment, Alden did as well. "All Initiates must leave and see more of the world, if they are to truly understand the goals of the Diviner Order, Alden, you know this."

Alden lowered his head and nodded. "Well, I suppose at the least it means I won't have to decode another genome pattern for a while, as thrilling as that is." Alden smiled slightly. The jackal smiled too, and put a hand on Alden's shoulder.

"Thats the spirit. Now, here is a credstick with some 1000 credits. Its not much, but it should get you on your way. Anything more, you'll have to earn elsewhere. A travel voucher has been sent to Port-108D. Just give your name and show your ID and you should be able to get passage to anywhere in the system, courtesy of the Order." The two began walking again.

The entrance to the grand cathedal came upon them fast. Alden pushed open the door, and turned a half-step. "Father Magnus, thank you. I will return."

"Remember the teachings and strive to bring about the golden age." Magnus grinned, "Oh, and take in a holo-reel or two. This is a big day for you, might as well enjoy it."

"I will. Farewell." Alden half chuckled as he stepped through the doors into the courtyard of the Cathedral. "I will miss this place." Alden said to himself, as he made his way to the busy streets of New Eden.

---

OOS: Father Magnus essentially raised Alden after he came to the Grand Cathedral. I may put his character information, in the NPC thread, but I'm not sure I really need to. We might not see the character again, heh.

So, heres to the start of a grand adventure... or a grand disaster, depending on how it turns out. :p

Edit: Lastly, just so everyone knows, I'm backlogging this thread, just in case something should happen. So, every post will be saved. Not really that important, just thought everyone should know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:17 pm

OOS - Let me know if my starter post is throwing you off. My initial plan was to have everyone do an introductory post that would take place before actual Role-play interactions, basically a way to introduce your character.

If you like I can continue the story onw with Alden to the point where he is actually at the Star port in question, so as to make it easier respond to.
Back to top Go down
mightymorphinpowahranger
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:08 pm

i will reply to this..eventually. im not very inspired and lazy right now. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:24 pm

OOS: No worries, take your time. I can busy myself with Kotie in the other part of the RPG before we even come close to meeting up with the other characters. heh
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:10 am

“Awright, girlie…if that’s how you wanna play it…fine ‘den. I’m gonna count to ten. If I don’ see it, boom; yer done. That'sa what you'd get fer makin' me wait, teh. One…Two…”

The hedgehog's eyes itched to roll and her throat was dying to chuckle, but she repressed both temptations before they landed her into trouble. Nikita might’ve been known for his beastly temper, but he had a notorious reputation for how he did his…dealings. And she wasn’t aiming to sleep at the bottom of a wet, stinky sewer tonight.

“…Three…four…five…six…”

As the wolf’s eyes narrowed and did their best to peer through her stone face, she fought yet another surge of amusement. That bleary, drunken look on his face nearly rivaled his poor “threat skills” (if you could even call it that). Really, if it wasn’t for the fact that she witnessed him snuffing magical and mortal life-

“seven…eight…nine…”

-then she wouldn’t be so polite. Nevertheless…she did manage to annoy the buzzed wanderer and live. Thus far anyway. As the countdown neared to the end, she reclined in her chair, ignoring it’s squeal as the fibers in its’ weathered build gave way. The heels of her tiny feet then swooped from the steel floor and planted themselves onto the table, while her arms folded back behind her head to give her some cushioning. All the while, the icy stare she maintained was met with the other wolf’s ever furrowing brow; with the canine in question looking like he was growing more…vexed. Uneasily, she noted that he was probably unacquainted with a face which had no nervous twitches, no sweat rivulets, no darting eyes…nothing that could give away the slightest hint of vulnerability.

As his stare intensified, the spikes on her back and head gave way to a little shudder, as if it were the winds that caressed them instead of fear. However, his red eyes remained glued onto her face. It didn’t look like he noticed…

“…Ten. Now…are ya gonna show me yer cards…or…am I goin’ to have tear ‘em from yer cold fingers?”

Now that sounded more like a threat…despite the fact he was drunk…redeeming his little “boom; yer done” quip only seconds before. Not to say that the threat was unique in its’ delivery, it was quite the opposite, but it remained ever the challenge to stay as calm as possible. She tried to point out the things about him that tickled her funny bone, like his sleepy left eye and the way his body seemed to sway back and forth in his seat…

A hologram speedily zipped up in front them, blurry in quality and green in tone. The faces of three Aces, a King and a Queen were seen.
There was a pause, as the two anthros stared at the cards, both of their faces filled with unreadable expressions. After the moment, she let out a sigh and returned her eyes to her opponent, unable to keep a fanged smile off of her face.

“Looks like I’ve won.” She stated, all too chipperly, “you had a good hand, though! It was just dumb luck that faulted you…”

“Yea…” The old wolf muttered, wobbling in his chair as his eyes turned from the cards to the floor. “…Dumb luck. *hic*”

“Now…” This time she sat upright in her chair, and leaned herself over the table to make the next thing she said almost ghostly, “…about the scroll…”
There was another silence that passed between them, though it stretched for a longer extent. As the wolf noted that there was, indeed, a termite infestation finally getting to this old building – she noted that there was some paunch around his stomach area and flab in his muslce tone. *He needs to call Jenny Craig* She mused, eyeing both aspects of his body with some disinterest. Fat guys – even only to a slight measure – were never to high class taste. And why she was checking a 56 year old out…a guy 3 times her age…instead of focusing on her mission was a mystery to everyone. It could be assumed that she was getting tired of sleeping in a cold bed…or it could be she didn’t hold her task in the highest regards. Roxy’s answer? Both. :p

Suddenly, a small black box landed in front of her. Just as abruptly, the noise of plastic hitting against steel awoke her thief’s instinct to grab it and shove it in her moth-eaten coat pocket.

“WELL-“ She heaved as she got up, meeting a scowl from Nikita as she pasted a huge grin on her face. “…This was a …cute little challenge, to say at best. See ya around.”

Holding her head up high with the grin still in place, she barely stepped into a rooster’s stride before a cold set of fingers clamped down on her wrist. Her eyes flew open and she stumbled a bit in step, causing half of her body to turn towards Nikita in shock and confusion. “…Er. A bit clingy, aren’t we?”

The wolf only responded in a tart, yet snarling tone. “Your GameDisc. Give it to me.”

“Erm…what? Why would you want my…” While at first she was perplexed and a little bit frightened by this, realization dawned upon her a second later. Her cream-colored fur seemed to get a little bit whiter, her lips seemed to be weighed down by gravity as her mouth drooped, and her eyes seemed to grow twice their size – all in one second. The grip tightened and she was yanked towards him, her face coming so close to his that she could smell and see the vodka roll off his tongue.

“…Nevermind that. You’ll have my scroll…I was meaning for it to go away for a little while. You see...some secrets are meant to be..buried.”

----------------------------------------------------- VACH SHIEL VACH SHIEL! AISEN GUTEN! I AM A JELLY DOUGHNUT------------------------------------------------

It was an atypical Saturday afternoon on the lovely little dump that they call New Eden, with choking smog clinging to the air like groupies to Limp Bizkit. Trash – ranging from broken bottles to Wolves – staked their claim in the streets; doing whatever they pleased to spite others. And everywhere you turned, everything seemed tinted to grey. The sun sometimes managed to poke holes through the wall of pollution that trapped the city – but that warm ray of light would then, just as suddenly; disappear.

The populace didn’t seem to give a damn, though. Their heads were filled to the brim with concerns of their own lives, and little else. In fact, she noted – probably about herds and herds of these New Eden folks wouldn’t care if light touched the surface ever again, unless it managed to hit their personal lives somehow. She couldn’t blame them, for she thought the same way.

Like right now, she wasn’t so much pondering on the selfishness of most as she was pondering over herself. As she moved along with the growing crowd, whose eyes seemed to be everywhere but on her, the little hedgehog was in a rather…bitter mood.

“…I swear to God, that’s the frickin’ LAST time I play poker. Ever.” She growled aloud, not caring when a few people turned from their concerns to grant her a bewildered look. She simply returned the favor of acknowledgement with a dark look, and then pressed on. Some of the stares continued, though the people who gave them weren’t so much focused on her odd comment as they were her looks.

Her red and black spikes, usually slicked back and polished to a shine no matter what the occasion; jutted out in all directions as if she walked through a few tornados. Her big blue eyes, usually vibrant with life and spunk, were cast into a dull and weary sheen. The clothes that she wore, of course, helped little. The brown coat supplying her little warmth was muddied and riddled with holes here and there, and a distinct waft of garbage seemed to eminate from it.

Enid appeared to be a total wreck, and while it helped dupe others into thinking she was nothing more than a smelly hobo, she felt like one too. Not even the consolance that she still had the scroll was enough to rest her frayed nerves.

This time, she didn’t try to dispell her emotions into a stoic sort of mindset, as Balthazer would have wanted her to. Instead, she stormed happily through the crowd, all too willing to push others roughly aside order to let out her pent up rage. Ignoring exclamations and curses trailing her departing figure, she headed for the next point – star port 108D – no doubt going to bring trouble despite having tried to leave it only 20 minutes before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flecksofgreen.livejournal.com
mightymorphinpowahranger
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:37 am

Among the crowd, a tall, though relatively flamboyant figure works her way through. She wears the trend of the moment: a dark pink spandex sort of suit, with a black, paper thin robe that flutters in the breeze. Fingerless gloves constrain her balling fists, which occur every nine to ten seconds. This woman, whoever she be, is not in a cheery mood herself...
Enter TRUDI

TRUDI: -utters mild curses under her breath as pedestrians keep on butting in front of her, such as- HMPH, these people...! -and- Who do they think they are, getting in my way like this? -in addition to- Really now, they know my face! They know my profession, my respectable and beautiful words! And yet they still insist on treating me like DIRT! -grunts like a bull as her head whips side to side furiously, noticing a cat trying to shove her to the side- ...That's. IT. I've had it with these city people! -suddenly pushes through, as she kicks and shoves everyone out of the way...including a certain hedgehog- Move it, PINCUSHION!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:01 pm

His senses were assaulted by the noise and smell of it all. Having spent so long in the cathedral, Alden simply wasn't prepared for the cacophony.

Doing his best not to look like a wide eyed rube, made his way through the throng of people who filled the streets, while hover cars shot over head.

Spying a neon sign to his right, Alden made his way to a small cafe, for a bite to eat. Just as he was about to open the door, a platypus quickly rushed by and pushed a deer out of the way. The deer stumbled fell forward and in turn knocked Alden down.

Rubbing the back of his head, Adlen sat up. "Ouch, are you alright?"

Though, shaken the deer nodded and stood up. Alden pushed his way up and looked out into the crowd. That platypus was moving quick through the crowd, mumbling something. Alden shrugged his shoulders and helped the deer gather her things.

I wonder what that was all about? Alden thought, as he turned and entered the cafe.

---

OOS:

Sorry, I need to pick up on my posting. I'm kinda falling behind... Don't worry about Alden being here, he probably won't interfere with whatever happens, likely he'll just go back to eat in peace. Now, if something should be brought into the cafe, that might be a bit different, heh.
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:30 am

OOC: Gonna wait at least 5 more days for someone else to post...not you or Viv, but...you know...like Kero or something. Though I don't know when she plans to hop in.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:50 am

OOS:

Alright then, Roxy. As I've said before, theres really no rush. I'm pretty laid back about posting responses myself, usually.

Was Kero joining us? I don't remember that... Is my mind shot, or had she not mentioned it to me before?

But, aye, I'm wondering where Iquana and Ezho have gotten off to, as well. I'm fairly certain they know the RP has started. Of course, I can forgive Iquana's absense pretty easily, being that she already has quite a bit on her plate already.

Hey Roxy, if you want to post in the other RP thread here, theres still plenty of room there as well as a crew member or refugee. Or for that matter if you ever fancied yourself a ship's captain, heh, that thread seems mostly about ships and crews. :p

No pressure, honestly, just mentioning it, incase you want to post in the RP somewhere, while still waiting for others to show here.
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:04 pm

OOC: LOL, five days turned into two months and a half. XPP Sorry for the wait.

...... ...Oh, and Kensei. I'll make SURE that something's brought into the cafe. BUAHAHAHAHA. pirat Of course, unless you have your charrie escape or...leave a mite early. XP

BIC:

Falling was easy - especially when you weren't prepared to lock lips with the pavement's curb and the taste of your own blood. When Trudi pushed her, she was shoved in a direction and speed where her little feet stumbled over some bloke's sneaker and her teeth smacked onto the concrete.

Strangely enough, she didn't cry out in pain when a warm, oozing liquid began to trickle in her mouth. Not a curse or a moan left her lips as she felt her veins burn all around her face. Calmly, perhaps too calmly, she collected herself from the urban jungle's floor - and proceeded to walk.

Where was she going? Well, she was supposed to be heading for the star port, to meet Balthazer, to show she had her first 'mission accomplished'...

But now all she could see was a blonde head, a duck bill, and a beaver tail.

Weaving her tiny body in and out of many other, taller bodies, she waited until she was fifteen steps behind her new destination...

"Hey, Trudi! Oh my god, is that really you?"

A shout pinned all the other voices down, urging them to submit with its' bellicose and reeling pitch. It was her own.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:51 pm

OOC: Good to see you hadn't completely forgotten. :p

Looking forward to my next post, as well. heh
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:13 am

OOS: Ah Roxy, MMPR has said she wasn't participating anymore. Do you want to start over (not that we really need to), or go back to before where she posted?

I'm still interested in RPing my character, if only we could get some more faces in here.

*scritches head*

Well, I'm sure something will work out.

Edit: Or, someone could take her character for a short time, if only to run it until we get to a place where we might part.

Or convince her to post a final heroic or villainous death post. hmm
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:17 pm

OOC:...Ugh. -.-; I'm hoping I can convince her to stay here, as of currently we're chatting in our private chat...
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:24 pm

Hope you can.

Always hits an RP hard when a starting member packs up. :/
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:27 pm

Well...seeing as she's given Trudi to me...I'm going to have to write out the whole fight between two hot-blooded chicks. Oh boy X[

Will post laterz...but not the two months and a half laterz, so if you're still interested in continuing this RP don' worry.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:38 am

heh, ok.

Take the time you need. I've waited months, I can wait another week or so, no need to burn yourself out on it, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After The Fall   

Back to top Go down

After The Fall
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1