The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

OOS discussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:58 pm

Ah, ok. For some reason I was thinking you were intent on entering the Defiant. My mistake, think I mislead Kotie there, too.

I need to edit me last post a little bit, stuffs I neglected.

Quick edit version here:

Grigori tosses Kotie a comm unit for the Dogoda.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer

Number of posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:22 am

okay then, And i assume that this cloak is Penetrateble, like how the Defiant can be found, by using a long-range tachyon scanner and an antiproton beam. Mitch you find the correct frequency of the cloak resonance.

Or using a modified torpedo to track the plasma exhaust. (not that i have any intension to blow your ship up.) So don't worry about that.

Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:15 pm

lol, penetrable would be one way to describe the cloak, since it is designed to have things go through it. Wink Yes, the ship can still be detected when cloaked if someone knows what to look for. Whatever that is exactly, I'm not sure.

I'm not sure the plasma exhaust would work, since the propulsion power system the Razor would be employing wouldn't be similar to what would be used in the Star Trek universe.

My bigger problem is figuring out how a ship that is out of phase with everything else can still be interacting with some aspects. Such as having landed on the Dogoda, still communicating with Phaesis, still able to use some sensors and what have you. I am just suspending some disbelief really, and chalking it up to fantastic fictional technology.

By the way, I really haven't been happy with this PHaesis character. He is sort of out of sorts for how they usually operate. This one is far to Jedi like for me right now, so later on I will be changing some stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:06 pm

Yeah, that is very interesting... and then also, now that the dogoda is on the move and your ship is out of phase. It would stay on its place in space. Unless your ship can clamp to the Dogoda's docking bay floor and moving with the ship, while its still out of phase, thus undetectable.

If the ship would stay where it is, in space... Phaesis has a long space trip to back to his ship, and then he needs to find it also.

So with all, a phase cloak is complex, but very use full to fly through a line of fire without getting hit.

Thanks for giving info about that cloak and that it is very complex, and so is also science.

Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:15 pm

Yeah, I am imagning that the ship has something that enabled it to maintain it's position relative to the dogoda while "docked." If this consists of the very underside of the landing gear being uncloaked or some sort of strange quark of the technology I'm not sure yet. Heck, I don't even know if Phaesis knows. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:30 am

I think that only the ancients know it, but its hard to ask them as you need to find them first. Wink

And no, the crew of the USS Defiant are no ancients, they have only a state of the art starship Wink

Maybe that Kensei can help out for it... ?

KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:51 pm

*cough*

Reality generators and fragmented temporal dislocation drives... off the top of my head. :p
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:27 pm

lol, yeah something like that.

I was thinking that the ship might have the ability to translate some types of energy from one phase to the other as it encounters the phase field. This would allow it to use its sensors and then some type of low energy tractor/docking beam to maintain its location in the ship's hold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:29 pm

Hey, that works for me.

Heh, really, it could have been just about anything, so long as it didn't breach the basic limitations of AtF, without being a Lost Tech ship.
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:33 pm

Oh but it is a lost ship.

One reason why phaesis is acting the way he is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:37 pm

Aye, heh.

Anyone who has gotten a hold of Lost Tech and managed to keep it would have to act that way, I think.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:46 am

Even that the user of the lost tech ship has not much of a clue what everything is and how it works. lol

I hope the ships manuals are still intact, for if you need to fix something that failed, or got damaged. Unless Phaesis is family of the ancients (looking in a long generation time of it, when those ships where build).

KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:59 pm

The Lost Tech tends to take care of itself, especially with all the nanobytes in Phaesis' ship.

The basic repair work (should the naonotech fail to fix it) wouldn't be any different than fixing most ships... Unless of course something like the cloak might fail... that might be harder to fix, but Phaesis can link with computers and machinery, so he might be able to figure out a way to fix it, regardless.
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Wed May 14, 2008 10:26 pm

I'm ordering a pizza and delievering to the Dogoda to celebrate my new admin status. Whos in for a silly little pizza party?

(Haven't posted in this thread since... September, heh)

---

Grigory enters the mess hall with a large stack of pizzas, his pipe, slung to the side of his mouth. Grumbling about about the cost of interplanetary deliveries, Grigory drops the stack of Zaibatsu brand pizza on the large table.

"Hey, pizzas here!" he shouts over the holocomms to the crew.

---

I don't have any clue why I'm doing this, thought it might be fun... or something. :p
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Thu May 15, 2008 2:34 am

My crew can use a pizza break, after all, hiding in the docking bay on a strange ship is not what they do every day.

(Actually it is Sat 15 Dec - 0:59, for posting here before the pizza party)

---------

Commander Vorge and the bridge crew of the Defiant, had detected a pizza spaceship that headed straight to them, or well to the Dogoda, as they are inside of her. Then suddenly the admiral came over the com, to announce that there is a party being held in the mess on the Dogoda and that they all are invited to come.

A second later there are a few cheers on the bridge, for that they are invited and are allowed to leave the ship. Vorge, who is not really fond of parties, had his thoughts on it. Lucky for him that the admiral didn't said that it is an order, so he can stay here onboard the Defiant.

"All crew and personnel is invited for a party in the mess of the Dogoda." The Commander said through the intercom system of the ship. Seeing that every senior staff is leaving the bridge, he knew that he would be the only one left behind.

Just before Hilco would enter the turbo lift to go down, he turned around and saw the commander sitting in the captain's chair. "Commander, are you not coming?" he asked him "No, parties with no purpose or real meaning is not for a Klingon, besides someone needs to keep an eye on the ship." Vorge replied.

"Ah.. okay.."Hilco replied and entered the turbo lift and turned around. "If you change your mind, you know that you are welcome Vorge." the doors closed and he said 'Deck 3' to the lift, who went down.

A few minutes later, the whole docking section was full of starfleet officers who wanted to go to the party. There where lions, a fox and wolves. The door opened and a path came down to touch the ground of the docking bay of the Dogoda. There they saw no one, not a single living soul, what well was detected a minute before the Admiral contacted them, that there is a party in the mess.

Now went the whole crew in search to the mess and if they come there, they shall see the admiral there also, if they make it on time then.

-----

OOC:
Hmm...... looking at my posty length, maybe making a new thread? and copy pasting it in there?

KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Thu May 15, 2008 10:37 am

Its just a silly little side RP, and an excuse to post in the OOS thread. If more people want it moved to a seperate thread I'll do so, but I don't think its necesary, yet. :p

Ah, December then? I must have been looking at my join date... heh, oops. Thought that seemed a little early.

---

Grigory sat down with a plate of pizza and leaned back in a chair resting his feet on the table. His pipe, temporarily in his pocket.

"Nothing better than a good pizza to help get your mind off of pirate attacks." He said as he scarfed down a few slices.

The crew had torn into the pizza with open boxes on every table, and not even a quarter of it was gone yet.

Ganzer and Vaal stepped into the Mess then, each carrying a crate of Soda, bringing it to the Mess counter and putting it down. Grigory quickly put his pizza to the side and scrambled to get a can of pop for himself, only to be stopped by Vaal.

"Captain, I can't let you take all that you want, I paid for these drinks out of my own pay." He said, in the back of his mind, he thought 'You cheapskate.' Before continuing. "We're going to wait until all of the crew, and the crew from the Defiant are here before we pass it out, evenly."

Grigory kicked his foot dejectedly and headed back to his seat, to find his plate had been stolen.

---
OOC:

Going to post in here until Phi makes his next post in the actual story thread. This thread is a silly little one, and you're pretty much welcome to post as often/little as you like.

Oh, well, I'm off to work. Back Later.
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Mon May 19, 2008 8:40 am

What! I'm holding the story up now...lol. Alright, I'll go see where I am and what is going on and try to figure out what I am going to do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Mon May 19, 2008 4:45 pm

lol

Its ok Phi, I know you're often busy, so I don't like to bother you with constant notes, heh.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Tue May 20, 2008 4:26 am

After a few minutes walking around the corridors onboard the Dogoda, the crew found the correct path that takes them them to the mess. The doors slide open and everyone who looked up to their direction, they saw that nineteen (19) Starfleet officers walked in and tried to find a free table or else a seat and pizza slice.

If you didn't knew that they came here for just the 'party' you could have thought of that this was an invasion.

A bit later walked the group that had planned to go to the bridge (see main rp) in the mess. There they found a full mess with having now both crews of the two ships here.

Admiral Kotie saw that his crew has found also the way to here because some of them where standing against a wall, others where sitting in a group of only Starfleet officers, and then you have also the remaining officers who found a place among the crew of the Dogoda and where talking about things.

Kotie pointed to a couple of free spots at the bar, and the group headed to there as all other tables and seats where taken.

In the mean while Kara saw a plate with a pizza slice on it and wandered to there, took it and walked back, unknowingly that this was the plate of the captain.

"Is it always this full here, D'Garmo?" Kotie asked him.

OOC:

Alrighty then, and yes Phi, you are the one holding it up, but take your time with it. The rp has no deadline for when it has to be finished. Smile

Also, now whe know who stole the plate from the captain. Razz

KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Wed May 28, 2008 8:44 pm

"Is it always this full here, D'Garmo?"

"Not usually. I think the Captain just felt like unwinding, what with how hectic everything has been lately." D'Garmo replied.

Grigory then noticed his new visitors. "Ah, Admiral Kotie, care to join me?" He called as he pulled out his chair, and grabbed a new slice of pizza.

Vaal walked over to join them, carrying a drink for his Captain as well. Vaal nodded to Kotie and D'Garmo.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:07 am

"And i see also that he has invited my crew...." he said, when suddenly the voice of the captain interrupted him and looked for where he could be in the crowd. "Sure Grigory" he replied to him as soon as he saw him. Then he turned back to the others.

"If you want to excuse me, your captain has just invited me to join him."

Kotie and D'Garmo nodded back to commander Vaal, while Kotie walked over to the captain.

"So, captain, what is the occasion of the party?" Kotie asked him when he joined him and took a free chair.

The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Khetatha snuck in hoping for some free food. His body had quickly burned off the last meal and he was getting hungry again. The pizza drew him like a moth to a flame and he wanted a piece. He acted as if he belonged here, hoping to blend in, but with him looking different, he was hoping to slip out just as quickly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:51 pm

OOC: I play just a random colonist here, i think he has not a long life for being played, no bio of him.

Deubo, one of the colonists was sitting at a table, enjoying on a slice of tuna pizza. In the box on the table, there is one slice remaining and he was about to take it, till his eye spotted a strange person who seemed to look around for where to go.
Without hesitation he waved his hand to the stranger, like he knows him all for a long time and offered him a seat, plus the remaining pizza slice.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOS discussion thread   

Back to top Go down

OOS discussion thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2