The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

-Silver River- Locked Inside... (Firestorm/Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: -Silver River- Locked Inside... (Firestorm/Open)   Wed May 23, 2012 4:29 pm

-AMARANTH-
"We still don't know the full dangers of this place, even now,""Cedar has a lot to learn... but I have faith in him. I simply hope he knows how proud I am of how far he's come.

The elderly ebon wolfess nodded her head lightly, the light smile on her muzzle still present as it had been before. She chuckled a moment. "Well love, I'm not trying to be mean; but you don't exactly dole out the compliments considering how hard he really does try."

"After Little Doe disappeared, I'd given up on finding love again, or having a family of my own... Then you came along, and Black Wolf blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. I... I only hope that in time, Cedar knows the same blessings I have."

Amaranth watched Stone Fur with an affection look, her bi colored eyes searching his. She was a distant cry from the wolfess that she had been when she'd first joined so many winters ago. Now she no longer hid herself behind her many masks; no longer seeing the need to do so. She leaned closer to Stone Fur, nuzzling him beneath his chin.

"And I hadn't dreamed that I would find happiness after Cypress died. Then he brought me to you."

-CEDAR-
The young healer watched Summit Shadow in what could only be thought of as emotional agony. His brown floppy ear twitched while he looked to Silver River's face, looking for any reaction, movements perhaps. Again, as before; there was nothing. He ignored what the elite soldier said to his sister, until he spoke to him.

"Black Stag told me, but... I didn't believe him. I didn't want to believe him."

His green eyes watched the elite soldier quietly without speaking for a moment. "I can assure you he wasn't lying to you." All was silent a moment. "Keep talking to her, she may hear you as she did Bledri."

-BLACK STAG-
The two that had followed Summit Shadow arrived back in the area only a few moments after he did. By that time, Summit Shadow had already weedled his way into Silver River's den, and so the two brother did not enter.

Black Stag instead took a seat by the den. He could hear the conversation, but he didn't join in. The look on his face was difficult to decipher, a mix of anger, sorrow, and frustration all wrapped up in one package; held behind a facade of stoic passiveness.

"Black Stag told me, but... I didn't believe him. I didn't want to believe him."

Black Stag didn't know whether he should be offended by that statement or not, considering that he had never lied to any member of his family and the fact that Summit Shadow had thought otherwise hurt him somewhere inside. From his position, he could see Summit Shadow's back, along with most of the other wolves in the den before he spoke, his deep voice a shadow of thinly veiled frustration.

"So now you believe me, Summit Shadow; even though I hadn't lied to you to begin with?"

Everything that Black Stag felt he was doing everything he could to quash it down, not letting it to the surface. He didn't look scared, sorrowful, frustrated, or angry. In truth, he was terrified that they were going to lose their sister. She had such a soft and giving heart that Black Stag still marveled at the sides of her personality. Every wolf in the pack would know her as something different, whether a lover, a giver, a worker, a fighter, or an overgrown pup; she was the best of them it seemed to Black Stag.

Black Stag watched his younger brother with furrowed eyebrows and an overall stern expression that he used to hide his inner torment over what was happening and the terror that he felt at possibly losing another family member.

-Corvus/NIGHT OWL-
Corvus (Night Owl) had moved away from the area, taking up pacing for a few minutes before he sat down; looking at the sky like he was looking for answers.

"I came down here for Storm Raven, I didn't sign up for this. I died in the last war and you want me to be apart of another. Why?"

He was quiet for some time, his orange eyes still searching before he looked down. "I hope you know what you're doing up there, boss."

-SPARROW-
The small wolfess did her best to keep up with the running beta, her legs pumping furiously to try and even keep pace (though sadly failing). As they got closer to Silver's den, she slowed down to a walk and just let the beta go. She sat on the edge of the area, panting heavily as she rested from her running during the day.

-SILVER RIVER-
"Sister,""If I could take it back..."

That voice....it was on the very edge of consciousness, like that little voice that tell you to wake up in the morning because you have things that you need to do even though you don't want to. An image of a younger, slightly lanky Summit Shadow floated in her mind; the name following sometime afterward. There were no outward movements from her body but Silver River was confused.

'Take what back?' she wondered, her tired mind slowly trying to figure out what Summit Shadow wanted to take back. It felt like something was missing, some part of the puzzle that she didn't have that made the whole thing just fall apart into separate pieces that were mixed up and made no sense to her.

-MOUNTAIN IN THE SKY-
Storm Raven smiled lightly as Fire Wind left before she looked back to the world below as Summit Shadow barreled toward the den, with Black Stag and Corvus following. From a further distance was Corona and Sparrow heading in the same direction. The huntress sighed, watching the events below.

"So, how long do you think it'll be before a fight breaks out down there; love?" she asked, a small smile drifting to her lips as she continued to watch the wolves below...

Silver River | Black Stag | Ocean Storm | Lightningstrike | Amaranth | Sparrow | Rowan | Cedar |
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: -Silver River- Locked Inside... (Firestorm/Open)   Sun May 27, 2012 4:15 pm

--Stone Fur--

The elderly healer shook his head in response to Amaranth's chiding words. "You're not being mean," he said, "You're right... I don't praise Cedar enough. It just makes him try harder, doesn't it." He sighed and looked down. "I suppose, when this is all over, he and I should spend some time together, just as father and son, and not as healer and apprentice. I want him to know how proud I am..."

He turned now and made his way back toward the healers' den to check up on Silver River's progress, little realizing the calamity into which he was walking.

--Summit Shadow--

For the moment Summit Shadow ignored his brother's remarks, instead nuzzling against Silver River's muzzle. "Silver," he whispered, "Listen... Whatever happened, it was not your fault. I never should have yelled at you the way I did... I know you love him... I should respect that. Just please... please come back to us soon."

He turned around to face Black Stag then. "I never accused you of lying, Black Stag... and right now it doesn't matter. Our sister needs us both... Whatever is between us, we can settle it once we know Silver River is okay." It was unusual for him to be so calm, but right now, his anger was directed toward one wolf... the one he held responsible for all of it, and Black Stag was not it.

He turned around and made his way from the den.

--Corona--

Corona charged past everyone else, not minding the glare he got from Summit Shadow as he made his way into the den. Seeing the huntress lying there, his heart fell... She seemed so peaceful there, like she was asleep, but from the look on Cedar and Bledri's faces, he knew better. He moved close, leaning down to brush his nose against her neck.

"Silver River," he whispered, "Silver River, it's me... It's Corona. Can you hear me?" He ignored anyone else, focused solely on her. "Silver River, please... wake up... Come back to me."

--Cold Mountain--

The former delta continued to watch with Storm Raven beside him. He shook his head slowly. "I'm not sure," he admitted, "Black Stag and Summit Shadow have issues with one another that they'll have to sort out through a good brawl, but right now, they're both so focused on Silver River that I don't think it'll come to that between them... I'm more worried about Summit and Corona... They've both nearly reached their boiling point."

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: -Silver River- Locked Inside... (Firestorm/Open)   Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:37 am

-AMARANTH-
"You're not being mean,""You're right... I don't praise Cedar enough. It just makes him try harder, doesn't it.""I suppose, when this is all over, he and I should spend some time together, just as father and son, and not as healer and apprentice. I want him to know how proud I am..."

She listened to her mate, walking alongside him as they made their way back towards Silver River's den. Just like Stone Fur, Amaranth little realized what kind of situation they would be walking into with the other wolves that were close to Silver River. Nuzzled her elder mate once more, Amaranth enjoyed their walk despite the pain in her joints that made her movement's slower than usual. She had always loved being with Stone Fur, it felt like home to her; it was where she belonged.

"I think he'd like that."

-BLACK STAG-
"I never accused you of lying, Black Stag... and right now it doesn't matter. Our sister needs us both... Whatever is between us, we can settle it once we know Silver River is okay."

The eldest watched his brother, his face surprisingly impassive still, as though this wasn't driving him mad to see what had happened. To Black Stag's ears (biased though he was), it had almost sounded like an accusation. But he would have to let it go for now.

"Summit Shadow, Silver River is about as okay as she's going to be for awhile. There's nothing more that can be done aside from hope that she'll come back us. And even if she does, she may not be the same. For all we know she may not remember us."

Leave it to Black Stag to render a seed of reality in a garden of otherwise beautiful hopes. But despite the situation and all the hopes they were placing on Silver River coming back, he did make a very good point. Seizures quite often caused memory loss, loss of motor skills; as did comas. There was always the chance that Silver River would never wake up, that she would die here. Much of this situation was out of the healer's paws and relied almost entirely on a tired wolfess and their creator in the sky. Black Stag was hoping, but he was being realistic. There was a full possibility that Silver River could die if she didn't come back quickly enough.

-SILVER RIVER-
"Silver,""Listen... Whatever happened, it was not your fault. I never should have yelled at you the way I did... I know you love him... I should respect that. Just please... please come back to us soon."

They were not going to let her sleep, were they? The confusion only doubled as Summit Shadow whispered to her once more. What had he yelled at her for? And what exactly had happened? It felt like something big had happened but nothing was filling in for her like it should have. Memories were not filling together like usual and there was no recollection of Summit Shadow yelled at her in recent events, or even what had 'happened'. To say that the elite huntress was confused five ways from sunrise was an understatement. None of this made sense to her, at all; nothing regarding what Summit Shadow was saying made any sense.

"Silver River,""Silver River, it's me... It's Corona. Can you hear me?""Silver River, please... wake up... Come back to me."

As Corona's words echoed in her ears, like they were a distance away; she thought for a moment. Corona...Corona....one major memory seemed to pop up. And her senses filled much of the information in before she ever saw it. Pain, a rainstorm, the air charged with energy, mud and earth, talking, splashing and laughing, warmth. And hope.

"...Sounds like the crow is calling the raven black."
"...I keep seeing things from what everyone says was my former life..."
"...I remember mom's smile, her kind heart and protective spirit. Dad was strong and quiet, but he was the rock for us when we needed him..."
"Thank you."
"...We should get back inside. It's really not a good idea for either of us to be out here on a night like tonight."
"Now then, did you really think you could just get away after pulling a little stunt like that?"
"Perhaps. perhaps not. But this'll do for revenge since you caught me. Oh dear First Wolf, you're laughing. Who are you and what have you done to our beloved Beta Corona?"
"He's still here."
"At least I know I have someone to talk to."
"I say...you tell.....Deepening...Shadows to....stop tugging......then..........."

Silver River couldn't help the laugh that wriggled out of her throat at the sight of both of them covered in mud.

"I'm trying, Corona. Believe me, I'm trying. But I'm hurting and I'm so tired, Corona. My body won't move, I'm sorry...but I'm trying."

She spoke aloud in her mind, but those in the world of the awake and living could not hear her. Whether it was because Silver River was so tired that she didn't notice the difference or because she needed to hear it for herself; she kept herself curled up, eyes half lidded.

"Please don't stop talking Corona. I need you. I'm lost."

Silver River | Black Stag | Ocean Storm | Lightningstrike | Amaranth | Sparrow | Rowan | Cedar |
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: -Silver River- Locked Inside... (Firestorm/Open)   Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Corona nuzzled his cheek against hers, shedding a tear that no one else could see. He was worried for her. Silver River had, somewhere along the way, become more than his friend... She was his confidant, his companion... She was everything to the beta. He licked gently at her ear as he tried to rouse her. "I'm not going anywhere," he promised, "I won't leave until I know you're okay... just please come back to me, Silver... I don't want to live this life without you.. I love you." He nuzzled her a bit more and slowly stepped back, fighting to hold back his emotions. He couldn't show them in front of anyone but her... Never anyone else.

Summit Shadow whirled around as his elder brother tried to suggest that Silver River might not come back at all, and if she did, that she might not even remember them. Oh, that made him angry. He had already lost his father, his idol... and he'd already lost his mother. He wasn't about to lose his sister too! Not in any way, shape, or form. "She's coming back!" he snarled, "She's coming back and she's going to be fine, and I'm not going to let you act like she's already dead!"

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: -Silver River- Locked Inside... (Firestorm/Open)   Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:34 am

-BLACK STAG-
"She's coming back!""She's coming back and she's going to be fine, and I'm not going to let you act like she's already dead!

To Black Stag's credit, his face remained mostly impassive until Summit Shadow had snarled at him. The older wolf's grey lips curled upwards, his eyes narrowing while his white ears faced forward as he snarled back at his younger brother. "No Summit Shadow, that is what we want, what we're hoping for! I know she's not dead little brother, but at least I'm being realistic in the fact that she may not be that lucky! Do you honestly think that you're the only one upset by this?! Or are you saying this because you feel guilty!?

The older grey wolf snarled at his brother, jaws snapping as his normally calm blue eyes seeming to crackle with anger. Just as Summit Shadow was, Black Stag was hoping for Silver River's recovery, and abilities; but he also felt they needed to be realistic about what was happening. There wasn't much that even Stone Fur could do in a case like this, and much of it was down to chance, luck and Black Wolf himself.

-CEDAR-
The young healer watched Summit Shadow leave before Corona entered. He wasn't really listening to what the beta was saying, thinking it better to ignore what was being said. It wasn't his business anyways, he had respect for the fact that he was even here. (Though he still wasn't sure why.)

Cedar raised his head to the sound of Black Stag and Summit Shadow arguing and he couldn't help but roll his eyes. Looking to the comatose huntress on the floor of the den, the healer mused lightly. "Why do you and your brothers have such a propensity to fight? If it's not one, it's the other."

The grey and brown healer looked to the beta. "I know this is a bad time Corona, but you should probably go break them up before they rip out each other's throats. Sounds like they're getting downright nasty up there."

He watched Corona a moment. "We'll make sure to call you first, if you can't stay."

-SILVER RIVER-
"I'm not going anywhere,""I won't leave until I know you're okay... just please come back to me, Silver... I don't want to live this life without you.. I love you."

I love you...I love you....I love you.....I love you.........

Those three simple words echoed in her mind like a gong. Corona wasn't leaving, he was waiting for her. Not for anyone else. Just for her. Her eyes opened slowly, she could feel him lick her ear; but her body would allow her no response. The tears started slowly before they built, flowing freely from her face before long. She could feel a great pressure inside her chest as it welled in her heart, filling her with a sort of happy joy that followed almost immediately by some sort of fear, of being unsure. How was she supposed to get back? Everything hurt and she still couldn’t get her body to do what she wanted it to.

Her eyes narrowed and she growled, concentrating on trying to get her eyes in particular to open. Corona needed to know she was there, that she could hear him.

Inside the den, her eyes really only twitched and barely made it to half-mast; if that. There was not much recognition in her eyes until she saw Corona, slowly blinking once as though she were under some sort of sedative. He was there! She wasn't hearing things! Corona was really there. And he loved her. Gods, she wanted to reach out and touch him; but as it was she could barely move her eyelids, let alone her legs.

Oh god Corona, please look back down. she thought to herself. Please look back down.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: -Silver River- Locked Inside... (Firestorm/Open)   Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:17 am

(I hope you don't mind Bledri jumping back in.)

Bledri was focused at looking at Silver River's face. Trying so hard not to hear what was being said by all the older wolves. He didn't want to hear any of it, not the fighting, not the sadness, not the loss of hope. He almost wanted to howl and run away but he could not leave his adoptive mother's side. Then he saw it, her eyes opened. He couldn't believe it! She was awake!

"Look! Corona! She opened her eyes!" The young red pup howled in excitement. He couldn't help himself in the way he spoke to the wolf that was in such high command. But being so young and so happy the pup had to howl to the world to signal to himself and to everyone that she had come back, to him, to Corona to the pack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: -Silver River- Locked Inside... (Firestorm/Open)   Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:03 pm

((Okay. *kicks the post to get it chugging again.* Time to start this up again.))

"He probably not going to look down you know."

A voice that was much closer to her hearing spoke, causing her eyes in the waking world to close once more as her attention was drawn to the place in which she now found herself. Standing nearby was a brown and white male wolf, bright blue eyes, an eyebrow quirked with a slight smile on his muzzle.

Silver River quirked an eyebrow in her confusion before she slowly stood up, facing him. "Who are you, how are you here?" She questioned, clearly wondering why he was here in particular, she'd been convinced that it was just her.

Chuckling lightly, the male spoke. "Ah, ever suspicious of me; very nice. You're cautious. Though I don't blame you. My name is DustyPaws. I, like you; am very much stuck here. Have been for awhile now."

"And what is this place?"

DustyPaws watching her, a small smile still lingering on his muzzle. “Think of this as a world between that of the living and the dead. A lot of lost souls come here. Some come to die, others because they’re locked out of their bodies for some reason or another. That is why you can hear both the voices of the dead, and the voices of the living.”

Her green eyes widend slightly. “I’m going to die!?” DustyPaws jumped at her tone of voice, clearly having not expected it. “No, no, no! I didn’t say you were going to die! I only said some do!” the young male chuckled lightly at her shock. Clearly his explanation put her at ease because she visibly relaxed and sat down; whereas she had been standing before.

“So how am I supposed to get back to my body, DustyPaws?”

He sat down, one of his ears lying flat as he thought to himself.

"In your case, your body has to recover I think. You'll get back eventually; but I imagine you'll be weak for a bit yet."

Silver River cast DustyPaws a suspicious look yet again. "And exactly how do you know so much about my situation pray tell?" she asked, her voice hinting a dangerous tone behind it. DustyPaws didn't seem fazed by it, and instead cast an almost appreciative look at her. "It's obvious enough. You're not here to die because you are not old enough, nor are you skinny enough to have been sick for a long time. You look relatively healthy aside from looking downright exhausted that something adverse must have happened to you to put you in this place. Maybe an acute sickness, blow to the head, poison, any number of things. I'm just making logical guesses here really."

The wolfess watched him a moment longer. Her eyes were suspicious, but on the other hand, she didn't really have any reason not to distrust him. The vibe that something was wrong had not activated yet and wouldn't for awhile yet.

"Okay then DustyPaws. How did you get here?"

He smiled lightly, nodding his head as he chuckled. “My pack was hunting around a week ago, and the deer kicked me in the neck. I’m not dead quite yet; but I imagine I will die here soon. My body cannot move at this point, permanently. I think the spirit walker in my pack is giving me dandelion leaves so I can go painlessly.” DustyPaws watched Silver a moment.“And what about you?”

Silver’s ears fell. “I don’t remember. I’ve been trying, but nothing’s coming to me.”

DustyPaws frowned a moment. “It’s okay, I’m sure it’ll come to you soon.” Silver River looked lost for a moment. “So what am I supposed to do at this point?”

The male thought a moment. “I’ll hang here with you while you get some of your memories back.”

True to his word, DustyPaws did indeed stick around. He made it a daily ritual to ask Silver River questions about her memories, to try and stir some of them up. While some of her memories were stirred and brought back, though connecting some of them together was difficult. During that time, she had waking periods and sleeping periods, which allowed her rest.

On the third day being stuck in this place, when Silver River awoke to DustyPaws standing near her, a wide smile across his muzzle. However, this smile was not like the one she had become accustomed to seeing on his face, the light; almost half smirk. This particular smile was broad, with intentions that Silver would’ve rather not thought about.

The little world that she’d found herself quickly turned dark as she looked around in sheer panic before she looked to DustyPaws. Her eyes grew wide in horror as the brown and white face that she had come to know in the past three days melt away, bright blue eyes completely dissolving into glowing red dots inside the black pits of his eyes sockets. His teeth turned from white to black, and his fur turned black, some falling away in places; some of the skin on his face fell away, revealing his skull. Chaos Wolf gave a deep chuckle, the grin on his face making him look more twisted than ever.

Silver River looked around for an escape route; only to find a twisted form of Corvus behind her, two heads on his shoulders and teeth gnashing as a long, whip-like tail sliced the air behind him. Turning on heel, she ran into Black Stag; his form having taken on his namesake only more horrific. His fur was the same, but a set of lethal deer antlers adorned his head, with skulls hanging from the tines and making a slightly grotesque clacking sound as he opened his mouth and gave an unearthly shriek; his front hooves aiming to strike Silver River down while he looked at her with bright blue but dead eyes. Yelping; the huntress turned to run in a different direction; instead finding her next oldest brother; Summit Shadow. His eyes were icy as he opened his mouth and blood flowed freely from it, mouth splitting into an ear-to-ear grin before he grew to mammoth proportions, towering over Silver River by at least 15 feet before he seemed to be trying to eat her, his jaws snapping at her heels while he continued to drool blood. She screamed in her panic and horror; finding herself cornered by the three grotesque versions of her family as they closed in on her, towering over her.

Then she heard wings. Great, massive, beating wings; followed by snarling and that horrible unearthly shriek that the corrupt Black Stag had given earlier.
Snow white feathers flew through the air as lo and behold, Pulse Wolf had a hold on Chaos Wolf, wings beating against his enemy while they fought. The three corrupt versions of her brothers continued to antagonize her, chase her, snapping at her heels. Pulse Wolf broke away from Chaos Wolf only long enough to reach Silver River and with a rush of white and grey, send her back to her body; with as much control as she could physically manage.

Cedar and Stone Fur had continued their ever constant vigil, forcing food, water, and various herbs down Silver River's throat. The young healer had sent Bledri from the den with Corvus to get out of the den for a bit. His father had been entrusting a great of work to Cedar; which the young healer appreciated but also scared him at the same time.

Sighing lightly, he went about checking Silver River over once more. He noticed with some worry that her breathing had increased in pace, and her heart sounded like she’d just run down a deer. Moving back to her face, Cedar saw her eyes open, dilate, and then her jaws open only to close about his floppy ear in what seemed to be an act of fearful aggression. Silver River snarled, though her body didn’t move much as she whipped her head back and forth; taking part of the young healer’s ear with her.

To say that for one moment that Cedar was shocked by the pain in his ear would be an understatement. He was bewildered and he couldn’t help the yelp and subsequent scream that rent from his mouth when she shook her head and tore a piece of his ear off. Silver River snarled at him once more, her eyes looking poisonous in their ferocity. The weakened huntress started her body forward; clearly trying to chase Cedar away from her. He backed up to the entrance of the den and she laid back down, her snarls lowering into a rumbling growl before they eventually ceased.

Cedar panted at the entrance of the den before he sent up the urgent call for his father and for Corona. For his father because he couldn’t exactly do anything for his own bleeding ear and for Corona because he had promised that he’d call him first if anything changed or she woke. Well…she was awake, Cedar could promise that. Now the biggest question was getting close enough to Silver River to actually make sure she was okay. Cedar made a motion to move closer to Silver and jumped slightly as she snarled in his direction, her muzzle writhed as she glared at Cedar, the dark circles beneath her eyes making her look just haunted and extremely tired.

The healer backed up once more and her snarling stopped.

This was going to be a very interesting afternoon…

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: -Silver River- Locked Inside... (Firestorm/Open)   Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:50 am

All hadn't gone well in those three days. It seemed Cold Mountain did not know his children as well as he thought, for Black Stag and Summit Shadow had come to blows, each one snarling and yapping, and each one leaving the other with a few scars to remember him by before Amaranth managed to break up the fight, leaving Stone Fur and Cedar to tend to their wounds.

Corona was displeased by this on a number of levels. First, because their anger had overriden their concern for Silver River. Second, because he did not like to see packmates fighting each other. And third? Because they took his attention away from the one who truly needed it.

"I don't care if you're brothers or total strangers," the Beta said, "I will not have you shedding each other's blood while one of your packmates lies between death and life. The both of you will cease this at once. You are to avoid one another until Silver River's recovery, and if I find you fighting again, I'll personally bite both of your tails off!"

It seemed to work, leaving Corona to spend the next three days split between his duties, and keeping a vigil over Silver River. When he was not there, one of her brothers was. Her visions were not so far off, but when at last she awoke, she would find things quite different than she imagined. Corona was over her mere moments after the call went up, with Stone Fur's age being the only thing slowing him down.

In the meantime, the young beta stared into the huntress' eyes. "Silver? Can you hear me?" he asked softly, "Do you know who I am?" He was so concerned, and it showed in the tone of his voice. He couldn't fail to notice Cedar's ear, but the wound was a minor one, not even bleeding. Corona slowly leaned close, and if Silver River allowed it, he gently licked the underside of her jaw, attempting to offer her some comfort, and some affection.

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: -Silver River- Locked Inside... (Firestorm/Open)   Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:51 am

"Silver? Can you hear me?""Do you know who I am?"

Who in the seven hells!? was the very first thought that crossed her mind, but there had been no nightmares of this wolf, whose green eyes showed such concern; such overwhelming concern. She looked visibly confused, her mind reeling and working overtime to try and compensate for the lack of memory. When Corona leaned forward to lick the underside of her jaw, bits of instinct kicked in and a growl rumbled low in her throat, but never made it past her lips; nor did she bare her fangs in threat or snap. Her body however, visibly trembled while her stiff muscles tensed with the basic fight or flight response. (Not that she could honestly do either one very well at the moment; mind you.)

Catching bits of his scent, her eyes became wider as she pulled away before she sniffed the ground. Now to elaborate here, she didn't simply sniff the ground; oh no. She stuck her nose in the dirt and took in great lungfuls of the soft earthy substance before she sniffed Corona again and then repeated the process. Earth, water, mud. Her voice was quiet, gravelly from disuse. She seemed to be talking to herself for a moment "Rain, mud, mud and running, you're...laughing. Then it's warm and my chest doesn't hurt anymore."

She stared at the ground a moment longer, ears folding back in indecision. Looking back to the black and white wolf that stood over her, she still looked confused and lost; unsure of everything else and her surroundings. But him...she knew.

"You're Corona."

Silver's gaze turned to the entrance of the den where Cedar still stood, listening from the distance. Another larger form appeared behind the healer, worming it's way into the den. Black Stag panted, tongue lolling out of his mouth.

The effect of Black Stag's presence and proximity was almost instantaneous. As the large wolf entered the den, bits of Silver River's nightmare echoed in her mind, replacing her brother's form with that of the corrupted version she'd been running from only a few minutes ago. Her muzzle writhed into a rumbling snarl that made her throat hurt from it's lack of use. Her taunt muscles seemed to tighten more if it was at all possible, as she tried to move to her feet to (for lack of a better word) fight away what she could see as a demon of sorts.

However aggressive Silver River was, like her reaction to Cedar; it was more of a fearful cornered-animal aggression that it was true killer intent aggression. The scent of fear built in the den quickly as Silver's fur raised and puffed out; aiming to make herself look larger to make it go away.

Black Stag stared a moment at his sister, confused a moment. One of his sister's back legs gave out and he tried to approach to help. Keyword: Tried. The elite soldier could only jump away as his sister's jaws closed on the empty air where his muzzle had been only moments before, a rumbling snarl starting in her chest which turned into a flurry of barking that made Silver shake with each subsequent bark, her front paws holding her up while her back legs stayed on the ground.

Cedar's attention had been caught at the first bark as he wormed his way into the den and grabbed Black Stag by the ear before he forcibly removed him from the den, for all intents and purposes interrogating him once he'd been pulled from the den. After using his authority as a healer to force Black Stag to leave, (much to Black Stag's protests)

As Cedar came in only long enough to remove Black Stag from the den, Silver's aggression had increased two fold and she made renewed effort to stand and take another piece of the healer. Her muscles were not pleased. They were stiff, they hurt, and she was pushing too far. As her muscles slowly relaxed, she seemed to sink into the ground again, looking and feeling unbelievably tired while her body trembled in lingering fear and muscular weakness.

She slowly moved closer to Corona, doing what some distant part of her brain told her to do and seek comfort and security from him. Placing her face against his neck, she caught whiffs of the earthy smell she associated to him alone but also began to cry, her shaking renewing itself in her trembling sobs.

Silver River remembered next to nothing. And what she did, wasn't real, hadn't happened; and she couldn't tell the difference. She was terrified.

But could one blame her?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -Silver River- Locked Inside... (Firestorm/Open)   

Back to top Go down

-Silver River- Locked Inside... (Firestorm/Open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2