The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

What does everyone think of the changes so far?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:20 am

It's been an interesting transition over the last two days, and changes are still ongoing. As Zeroki stated, we are not moving boards, and the Saga will continue, but under a different name. Everything else stays pretty much the same, and you can check up on any major changes within the packs, structure, and religion on the new website Zeroki so skillfully put together.

However, these changes are not for us alone. This is a pack and a family, and everyone is entitled to their say. I'm unsure if anyone is able to post in the barking chain, apart from admins, so if you want, you can use this thread to make your thoughts known. Smile Is there anything you'd like to see? What do you like best? What do you think we -shouldn't- do? The floor is yours friends.

Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:42 am

You can say that Firestrom, it was a few busy days to get the transformation and updating done. It really looks cool, great and cold with the blue skin. For how long is this going to stay around? If we want to keep up with real time season changes, then this one is around for a short time, till spring comes up.

I have checked the RP of the healers arrival, and saw directly a color problem, (checked the chat too with my own color)

The blue that Zeroki uses for Oceam Storm is harder to read. So is my own Yellow color. Including the pink, rose for the Female gender, in the stats lists of the two wolf packs and the cougar pack.

I Don't know if many more colors are now a problem of hard to read. As i think that most players picked out a color that was good to read against the green background. Now it is maybe for some looking to different one, that doesn't get faded out by the light gray?

In the Barking Chain i posted a link for the url name change. Zeroki, would inform you about it. Not sure if that is all ready done. Well is so that every member must get a notify that is changed, or else they can't find us under the old name.

Edit:
Checked the permissions for the Barking Chain, only admins and mods of that section can post in it. For the rest it is Read Only

Edit 2:
Self I have taken care of updating the packs stats with the latest information. This applies to the list in the Wolf chars and the packs.
If you go to the one of the two pack areas, and open the stats of it. You can now click on a name and get transported to the char sheet of it, given that it exists.

I had the idea of having that implemented in the website too.

Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:50 pm

Kotie, I went and found a pink that shows up against the lighter background and set it up in the stats posts with a custom color code. But the reason why I had thought of the lighter background for the theme was to make the forum feel more welcoming.

Not that the dark background was bad or anything (no offense or anything, Ava) but dark colors in that amount usually scare potential roleplayers away. The idea was to make the board appear more open and inviting. Smile

And even for my characters with lighter colored speaking parts, I'm looking into new colors for them now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:23 am

Okay Zeroki. The new pink is very good and eye friendly against the background. I understand that for the change to a softer color, to let potential new members feel themselves very welcome here. Don't know if the green one we had a few days ago was intimidating for some. (Can ask the latest members to that for their thoughts)

Further more, I like also the Text and button designs. Great job on that!

I shall start looking to an other yellow color for my char and once found, going to implement it on my posts. So you shall find soon that all my posts have been edited on one date.

What are you're thoughts on the links i made in the stats thread to their profiles? (Haven't heard about it yet.)

Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:28 am

No offense taken, Zero. Smile Doing it on my own, I went with the layout given to me by the skins makers. Big mistake, apparently. lol But it's all smooth now, and I like it a lot.

I'd say more... but I'm on the verge of passing out... so more later, y'all.

-_-zzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzZZZZZz*

EGO diligo vos per totus meus pectus pectoris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/avasaddiction
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Thank you kotie but all the credit for the buttons goes directly to Ava, she designed those I just picked the colors and whatnot.

As for the links from the stats threads to the profiles, I like them and I believe they will make it easier for roleplayers to find information on certain characters without having to all but scour the board for their profile. Thanks a ton for that information and work, Kotie. I really do appreciate it. Although I am going to have you show me how to find the direct post number for those so that the rest of us can update those as we go along as well. And I will look into implementing that feature on the website as well.

Thank you everyone for all the hard work, I know its been a rough few days here at White Ridge. Keep up the work and I will start putting together a spring-ish theme for later.

I am posting from my phone right now but I will be online when I get home today, a few hours from now.

Peace, all!
- Zeroki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Ya very welcome Zeroki. Also Very well done Ava, for designing them. (Didn't know if she had worked on them also.

Yes I like them too, and hopefully I can make find the code, so that they open in a new window. I know well the HTML code for of it, as I have that for the website link.

No problem at all, I like to do that, only after doing a few it can get frustrated and a headache for switching tabs, searching the char, the player.

I had given you a PM about that, maybe that I made it not clear on where to find it. I have the names and their urls in a notepad file. Can give you those. Also you know how you can poke me to chat about it, or hopping into the chat here.

Still there are wolves who are active, but missing a profile. *looks at a few persons without saying their names as they know who they are.

Yes, it where in deed rough days, but the admins have beaten / dragged themselves through it! Now when do i get paid? Ear wiggle laughing wolf

Have all good Sunday, or what is left of it!

Kotie

Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:09 pm

I am a Ninja, Kotie~ You never know what I do or don't do around here. Cool

And I have a request for our Fearless Leader ( aka, FS )... FIND SOME FELINE EMOTES PLEASE~!!! Not everyone here is of the canine variety all of the time. Wink

~AVA~

Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Hehe. I don't know where to find some feline emotes. XD I'd say google search them and I can input them into the system.

A Simple Twist of Fate

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Gonna make me do all the work? Oh, how cruel~ XD

Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Unm, check the emotion section Friendly cat

Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Meow

Okay. Now this kitty feels at home. <3 Thank you, Kotie. =^__^=

Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:18 pm

No problem Ava. I shall add more when I come across more nice emotes.

If you come self across something, i can see, feel free to add it to the list.

--------

hmm... now that the url just got changed, I shall need to update the links i had made of the pack stats. Hopefully an easy edit, for just changing the url's name.

*goes to check it in a min or two.*

kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Took a while but finally got the herb list for our medics (healers) refreshed and in a new layout.

You can find it the the Barking Chain, of by following this link:
http://thewhiteridgesaga.nice-board.net/t582-renewed-list-of-herbs-for-healers

Any comments, or addons are welcome.

further, i had looked at the old list, and just some things are more for a human usage, then for a wolf or cougar. How can they cook said herb, or make a fire to use the smoke of it?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does everyone think of the changes so far?   

Back to top Go down

What does everyone think of the changes so far?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The White Ridge Saga :: General Discussion :: Yips, Howls, Woofs, and Growls-
Jump to: