The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Any takers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Any takers?   Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:18 am

Likes the character Roxy. Smile

Look forward to all the other characters.

Alright, I've been asked a lot of questions about this RP in the past, mostly little things, but let me bring them up.

I'll call this AtF Q&A. hehe

Anyway, here we go:

Q: Why is there no FTL (Warp Speed) in the setting?

A: The denizens of this setting had set up Way Gates that created artificial wormholes between places in space. When the Fall occured, the system that allowed this to happen ceased to function. Warping space or accelerating beyond the speed of light also does not work in this setting. Fundamental laws of physics were changed when existence was torn asunder. This isn't to say its absolutely impossible, just that no one has found a way to do it.

--

Q: What is the general tech level regarding space vessels. How large are they and what kind of armaments/crew/engines do they carry?

A: Think Star Wars sort of tech. You know, insanely over advanced technology that takes a more background role for the most part. Basically, you can imagine, design anythinjg to your heart's content.

--

Q: Why no aliens?

A: During the entire time of the Terran Dominion, no creatures approaching sentience were ever found. Animals, bacteria, and plants however, were found to be quite common.

--

Q: What is the magic like?

A: The magic is of the same power and ability you would find in most Fantasy settings with high magic content. Limitations exist only in summoning magic (nothing can actually be summoned, it must instead be created, usually by feeding life force into it) which can only be maintained a short while. Teleportation is also difficult. As all intermediary planes of existence were destroyed or merged with one another, traditional teleportation became impossible. (One could, however, trransform into light or someother fast moving object/substance, so that you move so fast you might as well have teleported).

--

Q: How can New Eden support life if the whole planet is a city?

A: There are a number of reasons for this.
1st - New Eden has several Air Plants. Essentially, they create/harvest massive amounts of chemicals and "make" air.
2nd - Moss. Though, its true that New Eden is nealy devoid of plants, the lower level of the city are overgrown with a particularly resilliant form of moss that grows quickly (will grow back within mere hours if removed), and produces an insane amount of oxygen. In addition, this moss is Bioluminecent (it glows in the dark) and is quite edible (most on the bottom rungs of society subsit on it... this usually causes mutations where the feeders themselves start to glow in the dark and have green fur). Lastly, the moss can be used as a salve for injuries, if rubbed into a wound (even a deep one) it will grow over it, cleaning the wound, and speeding the healing process. This moss, for those that wonder, was created by the Church of the Divine Spark.
3rd - As far as food is concerned, most people subsist on "food pills" which are manufactured tablets that satiate hunger and provide necesary nutrients... most taste awful (like medicine). Only the well to do (on New Eden) can afford "real food"
4th - Water. New Eden has only a small number of surface lakes left (these are domed), but New Eden has always possesed lage underground seas.

--

Any other questions received will be added to the list, so fill free to ask.

Ah, next post is an empty Character sheet for your convenience. You do not -have- to use it. Only use it if you want to. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Any takers?   Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:26 am

Character sheet, for your convenience.
---

Name: (If using any aliases, please note them, unless you feel they are better when hidden)
Pheno: (Wolf, fox, etc.) Technically, all the anthros here are one species, divided into races by basic appearences.
Profession:
Faction:

Cybernetics:
Mutations:
Abilities:
Skills:

Equipment/Gear:

Personality:
Appearence:
History:

Notes:

*Quick Reference Character Notes*
Height:
Weight:
Eyes:
Hair:

Home Planet: (or space station)
Goals:

---

Ah, and heres my character:
http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/art/Brother-Alden-Final-64920658
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Any takers?   Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:47 am

Alright, info on the Explorators... to be edited later, copied from an email response I made when I first ran the RP.

---

Explorators

“Why do I explore? Why do you breathe?”

The Explorators - They are something of a group of scientists, archaeologists, and xenobiologists. Their one goal is to uncover all the information about the past as possible. They work with other faction's at times, mostly to uncover things they couldn't find otherwise.

Members of the Explorators faction are a disparate group. Each member is an individual and there are no actual "rules" aside from fair play with fellow members (no stealing another's info and claiming you discovered it for example). Explorators do not keep an archive of active members, and membership is easy to gain (consisteing merely of a letter and a sponsor who will vouch to your good and/or inquisitive nature).

Explorators are a neutral faction in nearly all things, as most members are simply unconcerned with temporal matters. The Explorators see the Brotherhood of Archaes as rivals, as both groups are interested in the acquisition of knoweldge, though both see knowedge in different lights. The Explorators see knowledge as something to be shared and sought after as a matter of fact, The Brotherhood see knowledge as power and are less apt to share it. (It should be noted that the Explorators are very loose on rules, while the Brotherhood is very very strict). The rivalry between the groups often takes a friendly role as both may share work sites, but the rivalry can be quite bitter, sometimes violent when the Brotherhood refuses to share...

Ranking in the Explorators is a simple matter of acomplishment and word of mouth. The more information a member brings in, the higher ranked they will become, though most "official" ranks are considered unimportant by the majority (most members are considered relatively equal). Official ranks are denoted by bars (going from Blue, Green to Yellow, going from one to three bars on each color ranking).

Every year the explorators hold something of a conference, a place to share information, hold lectures and the like. The Brotherhood of Archaes are often invitied to such events.

Explorators have no official HQ, but rather have chapter houses set on each planet, and many space stations.

(On a side note, most are indifferent to Psions, Mutants, Clones or any other such "anomalies")

---

Ah, actually, I think I may clean these Factions up and put up a page for them... I haven't worked on my Geocities page in years... maybe its time to start fresh. Smile
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer

Number of posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: Any takers?   Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:14 pm

Kensei, you can count me in for this rp, when firestorm has given you that room for it.

I shall put in my Starfleet vice admiral, char. Description of him is found at the next link:
http://p066.ezboard.com/fdarktranquility76161frm30.showMessage?topicID=2.topic

For what i know and how i am going to introduce this char to this dimension. I'm going to use the USS Defiant, as this ship is the only one in its class to have a cloak and which is also approved by the Federation.

Ship info of what is know:
http://www.ditl.org/index.php?daymain=/hedship.php?feddefiant

For the time being now he and his crew are rogues, and helping out ships who are attacked and can't defend them selfs. But they still follow the rules of Starfleet. Even they have to fly at impuls speed, then at warp.

KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Any takers?   Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:42 am

Sounds good so far Kotie. Smile

Alright, Firestorm, I've typed up a short (perhaps too short?) description for the RP, and PMed you wiv it.

If moved into its own subsect on the forum, is it alright to have a seperate character thread, and support threads (Q&A, Factions, and etc)?
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Any takers?   Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:04 pm

Alright, the subsection of the forum for AtF is up. Thanks Firestorm. Smile

I'm going to move all the info from here to that forum, over the course of the week.

I'm not sure when we'll actually start but most of the preperations are there. I feel it necesary to say one thing about the way I run RPs. My RPs are character driven. I provide only enough direction to allow the participants to create their own story... being that I haven't RPed here before, I'm not sure how that jives with the play style of the group. If outside plot is needed by the group, I can interject one, but I prefer not to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any takers?   

Back to top Go down

Any takers?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2