The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Silent Dreams (Meo/Zan/open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Silent Dreams (Meo/Zan/open)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:26 pm

It was mid day, or sunhigh as it was called to other creatures, when a young wolf with silver fur and a cream belly with golden eyes padded out of the den that he had made for himself when he first joined the pack about two or so moons ago. Today marked his six month age and it was time for him to become a real member of the pack. This wolf's name? Silent. A name given to him by his mother when he was a young pup.
He knew that this day was important and would need to be approached in a careful way, but just what way, he had no real idea. No one had really explained it to him. "I wonder if I should ask about my ceremony." The ordinary looking male wolf thought as he looked around, his eyes slowly appraising his surroundings as he looked for an older pack member.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Silent Dreams (Meo/Zan/open)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Wind Feather was laying not far away grooming young WindFall when Silent emerged from his den. She'd been waiting for him, recalling from when he was first accepted that he would be at the age of Dreaming and had woken early to be sure she'd catch him first thing. Her ears pricked, eyes flicking up to see him exiting his den and looking around. She muttered something to her daughter, gave her a lick on her forehead, and stood up. WindFall pranced away, looking for the wolf that Wind Feather had told her would watch her while she was gone. The Spiritual slowly walked over to Silent with a warm smile on her face, a gentle breeze playing with the small tuft of bangs on her snowy white forehead.

"Good morning, Silent." she said light heartedly, nodding to the newest member of their pack in greeting. His white pelt and silent ways reminded her of the late Silent Paw, the albino mute that had once been a part of the pack.
"Today's the day of your Dreaming. Are you ready?" she asked in her gentle voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Silent Dreams (Meo/Zan/open)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:54 pm

Dipping his head in greeting to the Spiritual, Silent locked his gaze with hers as he heard her ask if he was ready. "Yes I am ready." Silent barked, his voice a bit deeper than when he had first arrived, he knew that what was about to happen would be very important to his rank in the pack.
Today marks the day that I will begin to try to achieve my life goal of becoming an Elite member. I must remember to always work hard from now on. Silent thought as he looked at WindFall.

"Are you going to explain anything about the Dreaming process?" Silent asked, his tone respectful and slightly filled with curiosity. He was unsure if he was allowed to ask but he wanted to know the answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Silent Dreams (Meo/Zan/open)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:13 pm

((Wind Feather xD))

The white and orange pelted female's smile widened slightly at his question,[color=orange]"Of course, I will explain on the way." she said softly, nudging his shoulder with her brown nose gently before turning to head out into the territories. She knew this was a big day for him, it was for all wolves, and she remembered her own apprehension when she had done her dreaming. As the sun climbed higher in the sky, the air began to warm ever so slightly.

"It's a very simple thing to do." she said as they walked at an easy pace,"I'm taking you to the Sacred Tree. You will settle beneath the branches and it won't take long but you will feel sleep begin to overcome you...even if you'd had a full nights rest. It's the power of the place and the Spirits will know what you're there for. Once you're asleep, you'll begin to Dream. You will have no control in the Dream, as it's all conducted by the will of the Spirits, and within the Dream they give to you will be the meaning of your new name. When you awake, simply come find me and tell me of your Dream." she smiled at him,"I will then tell you what name has been bestowed to you."
They walked for quite a distance, the shadows of the forest around them shortening as the sun moved higher. When they finally reached The Sacred Tree, a massive twisting willow, Wind Feather stopped and looked at Silent.
"Are you ready?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Silent Dreams (Meo/Zan/open)   Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:20 am

Silent listened intently as he heard Wind Feather speak and was startled to that they had already arrived. "I understand. And yes I am ready." Silent barked his tone confident as he looked at the area that would soon start his Dreaming in.
Make this count... Was all he thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Silent Dreams (Meo/Zan/open)   Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:15 am

Wind Feather simply nodded and motioned with her muzzle for him to go beneath the great twisted willow's branches. She would wait until he was settled before turning and leaving.

(Bah, short but that's basically all she can do anyways xD Dream away!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Silent Dreams (Meo/Zan/open)   Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 am

((Okay.))

Settling himself down on a soft patch of ground under the willow three's branches, Silent laid his head down to begin his dream. It took only a few minutes before he was plunged into the realm of the Spirits of the Forest.

At first nothing seems clear, fog and mist seem to envelop Silent in all directions. The quiet of this realm is unnerving, strange, dark. Looking around Silent could make out nothing, then as if by a large gust of wind the fog is lifted and Silent can finally take in his surroundings.
The land around him is beautiful, he sees forests that see to expand forever with rivers and streams and a large lake cutting through them at different points. He could still hear nothing, not the birds singing, nor the wind whispering through the trees or even the bubbling of a stream that was only a few tail lengths in front of him. But something called him forward.
Something that was important. Ignoring the chilling silence, Silent padded forward, leaping the stream easily. As he walked forward, deeper into the forest, he could hear the wind whisper through the trees. "Your life will be long and many challenges a wait you." The wind seemed to whisper. "Follow your heart, for it will be your only guide, your only friend and your only shadow..."
Confused by what the spirits said Silent tried to speak, but no words could be heard. Panicking Silent tried to race towards the direction of the wind as it repeated the prophecy that dealt with only Silents new life as an adult.

"Follow...Heart...only guide...friend...shadow"
Jolting awake, Silent looked around his eyes still shimmered with the panic that he felt. It seemed around sunset, and that Wind Feather was still gone. Slowly, Silent stood up and shook his fur, trying to clear some of the uneasy that he had still felt. Padding out the direction that he had come, he went to look for Wind Feather. He found her sitting a ways away from the tree. He padded up to her and dipped his head. "I have dreamed. What my dream was like was it was silent. I could not hear my surroundings and it wasn't until after I headed into the forest that I could hear the wind talk to me. It had said Your life will be long and many challenges a wait you. Follow your heart, for it will be your only guide, your only friend and your only shadow... I am unsure what to make of my dream." The young silver and cream wolf barked, his tone wistful yet confused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Silent Dreams (Meo/Zan/open)   Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:42 pm

((Sorry sorry! I know I'm being slow, I really have no excuses apart from being lazy xD))

Wind Feather had returned near to The Sacred Tree later that evening and patiently awaited Silent's awakening. As she waited, she enjoyed watching the oncoming of the sunset. Though she couldn't view the entire splendor of the vast colors of the painted sky through the towering trees around her, she was able to view some of it. After awhile, the sound of paw steps behind her made her turn and she spied Silent approaching. The white she wolf smiled at the young male as he came forward and explained his Dream to her. When he finished, she leaned her head back in thought.
"Clearly the main focus of your Dream revolves around following your heart. It's unusual to be spoken to in your Dream...in fact yours is the first I've heard of. It does make deciphering it easier, though. Silent Heart is your name." she smiled to the male,"It's also rare to have been named your true name at birth. One of our best hunters, my brother Running Wind, is the only other one that I know." She began to think of Running Wind and felt a guilty pang. She hadn't spoken to her brother much since she became a full fledged Spiritual and even less after giving birth to her pups.
"Let's go back to the Camp and announce your new name." she said, standing to all four paws and turning back. Wind Feather led him away at an easy lope, letting the darkness fall around them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Silent Dreams (Meo/Zan/open)   Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:15 pm

Silent Heart smiled lightly. He thought that it was great to have a dream that was so different from other wolves in his pack. He wasn't being conceited he was just proud that the Spirits had decided to actually speak to him, which apparently they had never done before. The silvery male nodded to Wind Feather and followed her back to the camp.

((Its fine.^^))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silent Dreams (Meo/Zan/open)   

Back to top Go down

Silent Dreams (Meo/Zan/open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1