The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:48 pm

( I will do a little reply with Bledri.)

Bledri scampered off in the direction of Corvus; the snow was littered with his scampering paw steps as he ran. He leaped at Corvus's face and quickly nipped his ear before snow was dumped on him again. Bledri shook his head trying to clear off the tiny ice flakes. "No fair! Using the snow to bury me." The young reddish brown pup barked as he looked up at Corvus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:29 pm

(Gonna skip this ahead a bit, you can still post your characters digging, if you want, but things are slowing down and I want to chug them along again P:)

Hailstorm watched as the last wolf before herself dug. When he stepped away, she stood and slowly padded towards the grave and peered down inside. The pack had done well, yet she did her part and dug in a little farther. Once finished, with frozen dirt clinging to the fur on her grey paws, Hailstorm hopped from the hole and walked up next to Sage Ghost. She wedged her muzzle beneath the body, which she could feel was frozen to the ground, and heaved. There was a tearing sound as the elder's fur separated from the icy ground and the body rolled into the grave with a hollow thud. Hailstorm took a step forward to peer down, only to see that Sage Ghost, body still curled into the position that she'd died in, had landed correctly right side up. She backed up again and proceeded to push the dirt into the grave. No doubt her packmembers would help her, and when they were through her paws pattered down on top, sealing the grave tightly, and she turned to The Black Mountain Pack.

"You've all done well. We can start our duties now." she then turned to Corona and said quietly,"Can you come with me?" her eyes involuntarily sought out Summit Shadow after she said the words, and when she spotted him she quickly looked away. Why, however, she had no idea. Normally Hailstorm had no problem holding eye contact.

____

When Hailstorm dismissed them, MudSpider turned away and started off with intentions to do some solitary hunting. He'd have preferred to bring someone along, but the wolf he'd planned on asking to come now had his stomach tied in knots. He slowly headed away, aiming towards going in a near directly eastern way. He knew he'd have to do some travelling before he reached an area that did not have any recent wolf activity in order to find decent prey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:44 am

Silver River helped Hailstorm push the dirt into the grave. Whispering Owl and Rising Moon assisted as well while Corvus kept Bledri entertained for the moment.

"You've all done well. We can start our duties now."

The huntress didn't think much of Hailstorm wanting to talk to Corona. He was the beta after all. She gave him a little light smile before she went about her duties for the day; which included tracking clustered prey and smaller herds that stuck around in winter. Silver River had a feeling that she was going to be going to sleep tonight with a lot of very sore muscles...

Whispering Owl nodded to the alpha and beta before he set about to refresh some of the border markings and then gathering the soldiers for a usual bit of training...

Rowan watched as Sparrow went in the different direction than MudSpider did, snorting a moment before he turned his head back to the large wolf that was currently leaving.

"MudSpider, wait up!" the long legged black wolf called a moment. He needed to try and talk to him. More than anyone, Rowan knew Sparrow. He knew her tendencies and he wasn't going to watch his sister turn into Twilight....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:00 pm

As the alpha had hoped, the members of the pack all put in their fair share of effort, with Corona and Summit Shadow among the first to assist in returning the earth to its place over the deceased alpha's shell. As was tradition, no one would now say her name for a day, a gesture of respect for the former alpha.

Finally, with Hailstorm's words, everyone began to separate. Corona had promised to spend some time with Silver River if she needed to talk, but it seemed Hailstorm had other ideas. He shot the elite hunter an apologetic look before turning to follow the alpha. As the two parted from wondering ears, Corona raised an eyebrow. "You... needed to speak with me about something, Hailstorm?" the beta questioned.

In the meantime, Summit Shadow caught the brief eye contact of Hailstorm, but she looked away too quickly for him to reciprocate. And so he instead made his way to Silver River's side. So very like their father, he said little, but he did lean down, nuzzling his younger sister as comfortingly as he could. "C'mon," he said softly, "The pack will need to eat, and you do too."

Stone Fur sat alongside Amaranth, watching as the pack dispersed. He couldn't help but feel sadder than most. "The old order passes away," he mused, "Amaranth... I'm one of the very few left who remembers it all... do you realize? She led us through so much, and now her name will live on only in tales of the great things she did. Can the same be said about any of us?" He shook his head and turned his head upward, allowing a brief howl as he summoned his son, Cedar, though there was a distinctly mournful pallor to his voice.

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:36 am

[Silver River]
Silver River shot a small smile back to Corona, finding herself a little sad that she couldn't spend time with her.

"C'mon,""The pack will need to eat, and you do too."

She did not seem to shy away from the close contact with her elder brother, though she looked at him, smirking a moment. The huntress stood and she sighed while her leg muscles complained at the movement.

"I know that everyone needs to eat, Summit Shadow. However the events of this morning took away my usual prey-tracking time. I mean no offense but it will most likely be faster if I track today's prey myself then gather the rest of the hunters for a later hunt than usual. So long as everything goes to plan, we should have food before nightfall."

"I'm sorry, Summit."

Silver River didn't waste time heading out to begin her tracking. Not that Silver River didn't appreciate her family, but she needed to do her job and quick.

[Cedar]

Cedar replied to his father's howl, though his howl seemed quieter and muffled at the same time. He had been far out of the packlands, digging up various roots that he was short on. He'd been heading back when Hailstorm had called earlier but he'd been trying to balance running with the utmost care of the herbs that he currently had in his mouth; his tongue folded behind the herbs and roots to keep himself from ingesting any of them.

His brown right ear flopped over as it always was and would be while his left stood erect as he came up next to his father. The healer in training dropped the load of herbs and roots that he was carrying, now having a moment to breathe since he'd run from so far.

"Dad, I'm sorry. We've been running low on Burdock and Chervil Roots. Needed some Ponderosa Pine; too. There was none nearby. I came back as fast as I could, safely at least."

His breath came out in pants, his large chest heaving as he steadied his breathing. Cedar knew what had happened. He was no fool and he knew the kind of things that it would take to make his father this way.

[Amaranth]
"The old order passes away,""Amaranth... I'm one of the very few left who remembers it all... do you realize? She led us through so much, and now her name will live on only in tales of the great things she did. Can the same be said about any of us?"

Amaranth looked to her mate, listening to his mourning words. Her bi chromatic eyes were sympathetic and she nuzzled her mate under his chin; offering what comfort she could.

"Even if there are no stories of us, those closest to us will remember us. Our children will remember us. The younger generations will remember us."

The elder looked to her son as he ran up, depositing his gathered herbs and roots before he allowed himself a chance to breathe. Though Cedar was only a bit older than Sparrow in age, he was by far the largest of their family, standing well over both Amaranth and Stone Fur; though most of his height came from his long legs. Though those long legs kept him looking like a pup much longer than others his age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:00 pm

*bumps*

Meo.....Firestorm........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:09 pm

[Waiting on Meo. :p ]

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:06 pm

((FFFFFF SORRY Dx I didn't even realize lol. Gimme a bit!))

Mudspider paused and half turned to see Rowan hurrying to catch up to him. He pricked his ears and tilted his head slightly as the large male came up next to him.
"What's up Rowan?" he asked as he struggled to push his thoughts of Sparrow into the back of his mind. A light breeze gusted up, ruffling Mudspider's thick winter fur and causing him to lay his ears loosely against his head to keep the wind from blowing into them. When the dark male got close enough Mudspider motioned with his head for the brute to follow him as they talked. Heck, he'd be a good wolf to have with him if he was going on a hunt.

Hailstorm waited patiently as Corona separated from Silver River. When he finally approached her she nodded lightly,"Yes, please follow me." she said as she turned away and headed to an area where none of the other wolves were headed to. Once she was sure they were out of earshot from anybody else she stopped, turned, and sat down.
"Corona, I'm not sure how to approach this subject." she glanced away and focused on a pile of drifting snow against the base of a large pine tree nearby as she thought of what she would say.
"I'm...in need of a mate. Corona, you and I have been best friends since puphood and I think you'd be a good Alpha." She then returned her gaze to her Beta and held it there, awaiting his response.

Last edited by Meoquanee on Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:45 pm

[Silver River]

The huntress had found prey surprisingly quick, considering all the hubbub of the earlier morning. It was with some annoyance that Silver River could pick up Summit Shadow's scent. He was following her, and was not hiding well apparently. Whether that was on accident or on purpose, Silver River wasn't sure.

She ignored it for the moment, concentrating on tracking the Pronghorn that had stuck around in the packlands for some time. The herd was small, and there was an older, lame animal in the center of the herd being guarded by the healthy does and bucks. The herd itself was at ease for the moment, given that wolves had been distracted during the morning.

While Silver River was undoubtedly a fast huntress, she would need more than herself and Summit Shadow to take down the pronghorn elder whilst cutting it from the herd. An ambush seemed most logical. She'd need runners, and wolves of considerable strength. While Summit Shadow was indeed a strong wolf; more numbers would be needed. Surely Corona would be interested in a hunt? As beta, he was a strong wolf too. After him she'd gather Whispering Owl, Sparrow, Black Stag, Rowan, and MudSpider. Between those wolves, surely the hunt would be successful!

As the mostly white wolfess scented the air for the beta's scent; she found words floating into her ears rather than the scent that would be tell-all of the beta.

"Corona, I'm not sure how to approach this subject."

Behind a line of tall, old pine trees with snow built up between them; Silver River had the perfect cover. Summit Shadow, she wasn't sure. Given the fact that he was mostly silver, he stood out only a slight more than she did. She lowered herself into the snow, hiding her grey marking in the snows.

"I'm...in need of a mate. Corona, you and I have been best friends since puphood and I think you'd be a good Alpha."

The look on Silver River's face was hard to read. Her green eyes that were thoughtful and deep only moments ago, seemed to freeze over. Corona had been there for her after Storm Raven's death when everyone else had thrown themselves into their work or relationships with others to cope. She knew that Corona would take up the role, because he would feel that it was his duty. Corona always had the pack in the mind first and foremost.

Silver River felt something inside of her freeze and shatter. Corona would do it, nothing that she said would change his mind. Even if he didn't entirely love Hailstorm in that way, the pack did need an alpha male and Corona knew that. He'd take the position...

And leave her behind...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:28 am

Summit Shadow kept close behind Silver River, tail and head low to the ground as he could keep them and still keep from stumbling over his own paws. As usual he said not a word, following the more experienced huntress' lead. He was a fighter, not a hunter, and it showed in the way he clamored though the brush. There was a reason he'd never taken up the same role as his mother and sister.

He paused as he heard the alpha talking, and then she did it... She asked Corona to join her as alpha, to become her mate. Summit Shadow's lip curled slightly and he allowed himself a low growl. No... not her... anyone but her...

In the meantime, Corona's ears flattened as Hailstorm shared what was on her mind. That proposal was simultaneously the most dreamed-of, and most feared offer he could have received. She was his best friend to be be sure, and yes, a part of him loved her... yet something stopped him.

In his mind's eye he said yes. He moved close and brushed his muzzle against hers. He closed his eyes and took in her scent, became familiar with it as he would know no other's. He felt her soft fur and the strong muscle beneath her skin. Then he looked back, and he saw her standing there... Silver River, forlorn and lonely. He saw someone else beside her, a shadowed figure he could not recognize, but clearly not happy about his newfound mateship.

His stomach lurched as the vision cleared from his mind. Something told him this wasn't the place for him. Slowly he would shake his head before gazing into Hailstorm's eyes. "Hailstorm," he said softly, "you have no idea how... honored I am that you would grace me with such an offer. You're beautiful, and strong. You come from a good bloodline, but I... I am still trying to figure myself out. My soul is just now accepting where it belongs and I'm finally discovering who Corona really is instead of who Deepening Shadows was. You will always be my best friend, but I can't accept... I need to stay here, as a beta... There are others who need me here... Besides, I think deep down, I am not really the one you want, am I?"

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Hailstorm half-closed her eyes as Corona took a moment to answer. She did not follow his gaze when he glanced back, but only sat and waited as if she were awaiting a response to a business proposal rather than a mateship proposal. When he spoke she tilted her black and grey head ever so slightly, eyes curious at his words. Then he turned her down and...well she really did not feel sad.
Hailstorm glanced down at the ground for a moment, then back up at Corona and a slight smile curved across her muzzle,"Corona you've been my best friend since day one. I thought you'd be a good choice to lead the pack...and I still think you are...but you are right. I don't...I don't love you. I love you as one would a sibling, but not as a life partner. Perhaps you just saved me from making a big mistake...if neither one of us loves the other neither one of us will be happy." her smile then faded some and she looked down,"Maybe I rushed into this idea. I just fear I may lead the pack alone for my whole life. I'm still young and, quite honestly, inexperienced. To have someone by my side like that, to help make decisions and share the responsibility would make things easier." she smiled again,"Patience isn't the best virtue of mine."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:53 am

Silver River glanced at Summit Shadow in irritation as she heard his low growl her eyes a clear sign for him to be quiet. He'd give away where they were if the alpha or the beta heard him.

Turning her eyes back to the matter at hand, she watched the two wolves while her grey ears were straining to hear what the two were saying. She wasn't having much luck, considering that the two had dropped their voices and were talking softly. The elite hunter was forced to guess what was going on based on the expression of their faces. Their actions also did not corroborate with what both of the sneaking wolves were expecting to hear.

The expression on Silver River's face was still hard to read. The wheels in her head were turning, but for once; the hunter's intellect was coming up short. Why would he turn down Hailstorm? Many different members of the pack had seen their closeness, though Silver River had to wonder if that closeness between the two was enough to warrant them being mates?

With her eyes still locked on the two, she seemed to have trouble drawing up her slack jaw. She was surprised to say the least. "He turned her down. Corona said no."

Her voice was barely above a whisper, barely audible on the wind. The huntress turned her green eyes to her older brother, still seeming stunned by the actions of the wolves in front of them before she began to usher him from the area back towards the path that would lead them to pronghorn herd.

"C'mon, we have to go. We can't be seen here."

Silver River's voice was still very quiet, but sharp in tone; suggesting that she wasn't playing in this matter. They could not be seen here; Hailstorm would most likely take a piece of their ears for it. Eavesdropping on conversations like this was not highly looked upon.

"We have a hunt to organize, anyway."

Silver River | Black Stag | Ocean Storm | Lightningstrike | Amaranth | Sparrow | Rowan | Cedar |
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:02 am

A smile stood on Corona's face as he nodded, grateful that Hailstorm seemed to understand. He knew she was desperate. She'd just lost her grandmother afterall, and in many ways was the last of her line. He had no doubt she'd be wondering if she was leading right for a long time to come. He leaned forward, gently nuzzling Hailstorm. "I will always be your friend, Hailstorm," he told her, "But I don't think I'm meant to be your mate. In fact, something tells me you already know who it is you truly desire, just as... I believe I do." He slowly turned away and decided to take a walk to clear his head, enjoy the frosty winter morning for the first time as a true individual.

In the meantime, Summit Shadow lingered just a little longer before slowly turning around to follow his sister. "I don't care why he said no," he admitted, "He wasn't right for Hailstorm. They might be friends, but Corona isn't strong enough... I suppose I was wrong in suggesting she speak to him."

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:05 am

"I don't care why he said no,""He wasn't right for Hailstorm. They might be friends, but Corona isn't strong enough... I suppose I was wrong in suggesting she speak to him."

Silver River had been surprised beforehand when Corona had turned Hailstorm down. She was still surprised in fact. At Summit Shadow's comment; she stopped dead in her tracks. The hunt was banished from her mind as she whirled around on her older brother; who in reality was larger than her though she didn't seem to care in the slightest.

"And you are saying that you are, Summit Shadow!? Are you saying that you should be alpha?!"

It was a strange sight to see Silver River so angry, over the smallest comment by her brother. Her white fur bristled, muzzle writhing, pearly white fangs showing and her green eyes burning like a wildfire. Something about that comment had roused some horrible temper from deep inside. From where; Silver didn't know.

Maybe it was simply because Corona was already beta, a higher rank than Summit Shadow was. Or perhaps it was something closer to her heart than she would willingly admit to herself and others. The huntress growled at her brother a moment.

"And who are you to judge anyways?"

Silver River | Black Stag | Ocean Storm | Lightningstrike | Amaranth | Sparrow | Rowan | Cedar |
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Hailstorm watched Corona walk away, mulling over his last words as she did. She knew...yes she knew. The Alpha lowered her eyes to look at her paws, a smile overcoming her face. She closed her eyes and said softly, unknowing that the wolf was nearby.

"Summit Shadow."

He'd been a rock for her to lean on when she'd needed it, his calm collected attitude nonetheless spoke volumes of a wolf who knew what he was doing at all times. And he was handsome toboot. Indeed, she believed he was better looking than Corona. It had just seemed that Corona had indeed been a wiser choice as he was already Beta...and because Summit Shadow suggested him.... Yes, indeed she valued his advice as well. Even if it wasn't always the best but nobody was perfect, least of all herself. In her heart she knew she loved Summit Shadow but feared that choosing out of love instead of duty would bring the wrong wolf forward.

"What worked for Sage Ghost worked for Sage Ghost. But that's not what works for me." she whispered to herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:00 pm

Summit Shadow was generally a calm wolf, but he had inherited the temper of both his parents, though it seemed as though, like Cold Mountain's, his was far more volatile. He curled his lip, snarling at his younger sister. "Maybe I should," he growled, "You know how difficult it has been for me? I have worked my whole life to prove myself... first to Father and Mother, and then to the alphas, and for what? To be a soldier? Father was delta, dammit! All my life I looked up to him. I wanted to be like him and make him proud, but instead I can do nothing more than sit back and follow orders of a delta half my size and ability!"

He took a deep breath. "And Corona is no better," he fumed, "What gives him the right to be beta, or even alpha, hm? Just because of who his parents were? Just because he has the spirit of an alpha neither of us ever met inside of him? I suppose next you will be telling me Corvus deserves the position! You would agree if you weren't too blinded by a puppy crush to see it!"

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:39 pm

"Maybe I should,""You know how difficult it has been for me? I have worked my whole life to prove myself... first to Father and Mother, and then to the alphas, and for what? To be a soldier? Father was delta, dammit! All my life I looked up to him. I wanted to be like him and make him proud, but instead I can do nothing more than sit back and follow orders of a delta half my size and ability!"

Silver River growled at Summit Shadow.

"And you think it wasn't difficult for me too, Summit?! At least you had the choice of what rank you could pursue! Mother and father let you choose! Do you realize that I was never asked, never consulted in whether I wanted to be a hunter or not? I would've much rather been a legend but mom just picked me out of us three and groomed me for it damnit! And if I complained that I didn't want to be a hunter, I'd be guilt tripped until I relented! I've always wondered when the pack looks at me if they see me or they see Storm Raven."

The white and grey wolfess snorted at her brother. "And you're pissed because you had competition for the Delta position!? You and Whispering Owl are evenly matched, Summit! That's why you haven't beaten him yet! You know very well the main reason he's in the Delta position is that tactical mind of his, which as I recall served us better on that out of territory hunt than your brute strength did!"

Silver River had turned from her brother, intent on hunting some small game to blow off some steam; she seriously needed to. Until she heard Summit Shadow's next statement, which if it was at all possible simply angered her even more.

"And Corona is no better,""What gives him the right to be beta, or even alpha, hm? Just because of who his parents were? Just because he has the spirit of an alpha neither of us ever met inside of him? I suppose next you will be telling me Corvus deserves the position! You would agree if you weren't too blinded by a puppy crush to see it!"

The snarl that rent from the huntress' smaller chest was a deep one that actually made her throat hurt in the process.

"Oh that's lovely Summit Shadow, now you're trying to call me an idiot! I love Corvus, apparently more than I can say for you; but I would never, ever place him in a leadership position if given the choice! As for that so called puppy crush you mentioned, let's examine that, shall we?!"

Silver River stepped closer to her older brother, not in a threatening way; but in a manner that suggested she was not backing down from this. Her eyes had kept their searing appearance, as if she were trying to burn him to crisp on the spot.

"In the week that followed Mother's death, exactly how often did I see you? Once, perhaps twice, three times at best in passing!? You had delved so far into work that short of a direct order from Hailstorm you probably would not have stopped! Black Stag and Corvus spent time with each other and with others to deal with their grief and all three of you left me behind like a stripped carcass to deal with my grief as seen fit! So I did what made the most sense, I bottled it down and let it out when no one else could hear, not that you would've been willing to listen anyway!"

The huntress grit her teeth, like she was restraining herself from biting Summit Shadow (which she wanted to do anyways).

"Corona was the only wolf that was there for me after Mother died, after everything; he was the only wolf that allowed me my grief and even comforted me. I saw more of him in that week than I did you! He had his responsibilities and you know something, Summit? He made time to talk to me, to spend time with me every so often; something that I can say you never did!"

Silver River snorted before she turned once again, growling as she did so and left the area. Any more angry and Silver would've tried to hurt Summit Shadow, despite the fact that he was her brother...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:29 am

Hailstorm's thoughts were soon inturrupted by faint shouting. She lifted her muzzle, brow furrowing as she turned her head. Whoever was arguing was not particularly close, but they were certainly close enough for her to hear the brutal anger in the voices even if she couldn't make out the words. A snarl echoed in the air and Hailstorm popped up from her sitting position and turned around. Well, it seemed as if she'd need to break up this argument before it got physical because once it did it was out of her paws and she'd have to let them duke it out. The Alpha hurried forward towards the shouting voices, head tilting as she frowned further once she could hear just who the voices belonged two. Sibling rivalry, eh? She gently leapt a small log and bounded forwards another short distance before Silver River and Summit Shadow were in sight. She slowed to a bouncing trot as she neared the two, her tail whipping up like a flag to stand high in the air as she approached. She had arrived just in time to miss the entire conversation, so she had no idea what was being argued about and now it seemed there was a break in the shouting. Hailstorm cleared her throat and peered at the two wolves curiously.

"I'm not going to have to pry someone's teeth of another, am I?" she asked lightly. She felt it was none of her business to ask what the argument was about, she believed in privacy, but she wanted to make it clear that there would be no negative physical contact between the siblings today. Truthfully, she knew Summit Shadow was stronger than she was, but she also knew that he would obey her if she commanded him to. She didn't know Silver River as well, and didn't know if she'd do the same but she was sure she would. Right? Either way Silver River was more of a match for Hailstorm, even though the Alpha really did not want to fight her packmate and she wouldn't unless she was attacked first. What kind of Alpha would she be if she initiated an attack on her packmate? A Two Toes, that's what. Hailstorm was confidant, however, that intervening now would prevent any bodily contact between the two and so she didn't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:49 am

((Ummmm....Meo? Silver River left the area in my last post. She's not there anymore.))

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 pm

((Ah well how far did she go? I checked the posts before posting and it said she started to go back to the trail but then stopped so I assumed she hadn't made it far. I mentioned that the voices she heard were faint, but if it was too far for her to hear that then we'll just say she moved on or something))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:36 am

((She had started to leave but then went back to yell at Summit some more for his last comment, particularly the puppy crush one. I imagine Silver would be gone by the time Hailstorm got there but it doesn't mean that she can't get the story from Summit Shadow. Razz))

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   

Back to top Go down

Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3