The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:14 am

((OMG I just lost my whole post!! DD= I'm sorry guys I'll have to reply tomorrow I need to get to bed. OMG I'M SO ANGRY NOW))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:15 am

Bledri laughed as the snow was piled on him. He managed to wiggle out from under Corvus's paw and then sneak attacked his tail. He played happily with Corvus.
"What do we do now, River River?" Bledri asked before he pounced on her too. He didn't want to admit it yet, especially since he thought/knew he still had a mother out there back home, but he was really taking a liking to the she-wolf who had brought him here to a place where he can play and meet other wolves.

oocc//He is so cute and fun to role play. I forgot how fun it was to role play young characters.^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:54 am

Wind Feather peered down at WindFall as her daughter shrunk behind her leg even more, burying her face in her furry leg. She did not respond to MoonScar, but only barely peeked around Wind Feather's leg to peer at her. Wind Feather chuckled and shook her head lightly,"She's shy." she leaned down and gave an affectionate lick across WindFall's little head before turning back to answer the silvery she wolf's question. "His name was FireWind, and our swamp is named after him. He was an Elder that Sage Ghost had been close to her whole life. He counseled her throughout her entire Alphaship..usually whenever she sought it that is though she rarely spoke against him even when he gave her advice she didn't ask for. Any other wolf would've gotten a scar for that. When he died it broke her heart almost as much as when her mate, Deepening Shadows, was killed in the war."

When Sparrow bumped MudSpider with her shoulder, the big male felt his body warm up rather quickly. To test the waters, he leaned down to give her furry cheek a brief nuzzle with his nose before turning to listen to Solstice's question.
Um...well..I really don't have many. I was born in a different pack, an ally to Black Mountain, and when my pack fell apart we merged with Black Mountain. I was grown by then and Sage Ghost was no longer Alpha. I really didn't interact with her much, and never directly." He finished up quickly so he could cast a peek over to Sparrow to judge her reaction to his nuzzle, but was disheartened to see that she'd moved over by her brother. Had he stepped over the line? MudSpider's ears drooped a bit, his mouth turning into a 'n' shape, as he gazed at the dark pelted she wolf.

Hailstorm was getting quite tired of all of the 'I'm sorry for your loss' talks. Each greeting was met with a less and less tolerant attitude. A grunt, a snort, a simple blank stare...but when Summit Shadow approached her ears pricked at his words. Thank First Wolf, someone with sense!
"I will remember that, Summit Shadow." she whispered before standing and barking loudly to get everyone's attention.
"Now that most of us are here, we will begin digging my grandmother's grave." she slowly stepped over to Sage Ghost's body and lowered her head to gently nuzzle the icy fur. The Alpha then stepped to her side and scratched a basic outline of where the grave should be. It was directly next to the old Alpha's body so they did not have to move her hardly at all to get her in the grave.
"We will take turns digging one by one, as the ground is hard and frozen. Stop when your paws begin to hurt...we don't need anyone getting frostbitten or hurting themselves...there's plenty of us that it'll get done. The order of diggers will go by ranking...lowest to highest. Packmembers will do the first digging. Packmembers, you will dig in this order: Mudspider, Summit Shadow, Moonscar and Solstice. Elite Warriors will dig in the order of Black Stag, Corvus, and Twilight. Then Silver River, our only Elite Hunter, and then Dusk Owl, Wind Feather, Whispering Owl, Corona, and finally myself." with that, the female sat back down to watch. She wanted the two male Packmembers to dig first for their strength to break through the initial frozen crust of the very surface.

Mudspider stood and hurried forward. He tested the ground, trying to sink his claws into the soil and finding it frozen quite hard. He began to dig slowly, carefully cutting out the edges that Hailstorm had indicated, and after some time he had a slight indentation in the ground in the shape of the grave. Around the edge was clumps of frozen grass bunches and roots, with clods of frozen dirt stuck fast to them. He'd gotten about six inches dug out all around the area before he felt the dull ache starting in his paws from being ground into the ice cold and hard ground. Nonetheless, he dug a little more until they began to really ache, along with the muscles in his forelegs, due to the effort it took to scratch away the frozen ground. At that time, Mudspider stepped back, dirt clinging to his paws, and nodded to Summit Shadow. He glanced over to Sparrow then, but now feeling unsure about her feelings towards him, he chose to sit by himself elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:09 am

ooc//You forgot about Dusted Leaf, he is a packmember as well, should he just dig after the first two males?))

Solstice could see the disappointment that Mud Spider expressed. Still having the feeling that she was responsible she moved closer to where Dusted Leaf was standing, her ear twitched lightly before she glanced at where Sparrow and Rowan we standing together. "I don't have very many memories of Sage Ghost either." Solstice barked before she moved away from him. Then Solstice waited patiently for her turn to help dig the grave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:06 am

((Oops! Yes he should Smile after Summit Shadow ^^ sorry! I need to update the pack stats ><)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:23 pm

ooc//Its fine he was recently accepted.^^ You have a lot of characters to worry about remembering.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:43 pm

((Zandalen, go ahead and post with Dusted Leaf and Solstice. We haven't seen Firestorm lately, I think he may be busy with real life right now.))

-Silver River-

The elite huntress continued to watch Corvus and Bledri play. Neither the alpha or the beta had said anything against it, so it didn't seem too big of a deal.

"What do we do now, Silver River?"

Turning her head to look at Bledri she smiled lightly. He was much happier now than when she had found him. "We're waiting for Hailstorm at this point, little one."

"Now that most of us are here, we will begin digging my grandmother's grave."
"We will take turns digging one by one, as the ground is hard and frozen. Stop when your paws begin to hurt...we don't need anyone getting frostbitten or hurting themselves...there's plenty of us that it'll get done. The order of diggers will go by ranking...lowest to highest. Packmembers will do the first digging. Packmembers, you will dig in this order: Mudspider, Summit Shadow, Dusted Leaf, Moonscar and Solstice. Elite Warriors will dig in the order of Black Stag, Corvus, and Twilight. Then Silver River, our only Elite Hunter, and then Dusk Owl, Wind Feather, Whispering Owl, Corona, and finally myself."

Ah, speak of the devil. No sooner had Silver River spoken to Bledri did Hailstorm begin speaking. She watched quietly as Mud Spider began digging the grave through the frozen ground. He made a decent bit of headway into it, considering the digging conditions. Silver River watched her brother, Summit Shadow; dig his share before he moved off. It was Dusted Leaf's turn next....

-Rowan and Sparrow-
Rowan listened and watched as Hailstorm spoke, red eyes watching the proceedings in silence. When Mud Spider moved off to sit by himself, he certainly looked hurt. The eldest of Stone Fur and Amaranth's children looked to his youngest sister quietly. She glared at him, her temper obviously flared.

"What, Rowan?"

One of his ears flicked in a random direction before he pointed over to Mud Spider. "You got too damn jealous over nothing, Sparrow. She was just being friendly."

Sparrow looked towards Mud Spider a moment and 'chuffed' through her nose at him, looking away from her big brother. It didn't help her temper than he was pointing out her mistake....

-Whispering Owl-
The delta had been on the receiving end of Hailstorm's snort when he'd said his 'sorry for your loss' bit. Not really being a vindictive or even spiteful wolf by nature; his thoughts seemed rather dark at the moment; even for him. What was he supposed to say? 'May Chaos Wolf take your grandmother and torture her for all eternity?' Oh yeah. That would go over real well.

Though it seemed that Whispering Owl didn't really take it to heart, the dismissal. Everyone mourned in their own way, Hailstorm was allowed hers of course. And so, Whispering Owl patiently waited for his turn, watching Mud Spider and then Summit Shadow do their digging before Dusted Leaf....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Bledri stayed quiet as the digging began. He knew that silence during this time of emotion is good than romping around. His young amber eyes burned with curiosity as he watched and he couldn't keep quiet any longer. "Silver River? What will happen to me after Hailstorm is finished burying the old she-wolf?" The pup asked with a quiet bark.

~~~~~~~~~~

Dusted Leaf watched the digging silently. His pelt prickled slightly as Solstice had moved to sit next to him. He didn't like looking at most of the she-wolves in the pack, especially after he knew his previous mate was dead, rotting under ground where his pack had buried her several seasons prier to him joining the Black Mountain Pack. And having the pretty, bubbly, young she-wolf right next to him made him feel slightly uncomfortable and he couldn't be more relieved to have it be his turn to dig.

He stood up and quickly shook his fur to get rid of the snow that had started to cover his pelt and then began to dig. Feeling slightly sad as he dug, not because of losing Sage Ghost, but the last time he had dug a hole to bury a dead pack-mate was his mate's death. This is different, The reddish brown, grey and white wolf thought as he finished digging. I wasn't as close to this wolf as last time. Flicking his ear like a fly had landed on it, he stepped away from the hole and went to sit down closer to Rowan than Solstice. Making sure to keep the young she-wolf at a distance...

~~~~~~~~~~

I wonder what got into his fur? Solstice thought, as she sensed the uneasy feeling coming off of the new male wolf that had called himself Dusted Leaf. She cold tell that something was wrong but she didn't want to ask. She could tell it got a bit worse as the wolf started to dig. Maybe I should talk to him later...

ooc// Okay go a head Spazz. Moon Scar can start to dig.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyuuna Zaraki
Pale Wolf of the Apocalypse

Number of posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:15 pm

(hey all my mother decided to kill the highspeed internet and not warning me so I can't actually RP tonight; I'll get my post written out tomorrow when the net is restored)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:13 pm

[It's okay Kyuuna. I'll be adding my own reply tomorrow too. Smile ]

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:27 am

(thanks fer the understanding guys)

Moonscar slowly pads forward; the 'spazz' of the pack unusually solemn now as she approaches the gravesite and begins her share of the digging. Though before taking this turn at digging she had slightly eye smiled at the pup then nodded in understanding about the Elder that the departed Sage Ghost had been close to. At the mention of how Sage Ghost had lost her mate however Moonscar's ears had flattened in sadness and were staying flat as she dug with the single-mindedness of a badger; albeit much slower than a Badger. As she dug she was ignoring the occasional sharp stone scraping her paw pads, not even lifting a lip in pain. After all whimpering at a time like this would have looked bad; least in Moonscar's opinion.

Of course the others might see her singleminded digging as the remaining shreds of a wolf still thinking she needed to prove herself to the others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:19 pm

Once Solstice had seen Moonscar finish digging, she quickly padded up. He gaze was fixed on the hole that was a head of her. Making she that she did not have any eye contact with Dusted Leaf or any of the other males; she quickly dove into the hole and began to dig. She didn't mind that she had to dig, she kind of enjoyed digging but usually she had a happier reason to dig. This was not one of those reasons.

As soon as she had finished digging she climbed out of the hole and went to sit next to Moonscar and wait for the other wolves in the pack to finish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:08 pm

-Black Stag-
Black Stag approached the grave after Solstice had finished digging her share. The hole was beginning to become a decent depth at this point, up to Black Stag's jaws, and he was a large wolf like his brother to start with. As the depth of the hole increased, the ground was not quite so frozen and even beginning to become a bit softer.

His large paws moved the dirt easily as he thought quietly about the last grave that he'd had to dig, not even that far away from where they were currently digging Sage Ghost's.

The muscles in his legs bunched and released as he continued to dig, claws scraping against the occasional stone. Black Stag wore a strange look on his face, like he was thinking or remembering; but wasn't letting it affect him. His normally calm blue eyes were walls of stone. It was the muscles in his shoulder than began to ache first, then his lower legs. The Elite soldier called it there, jumping out of the grave and nudging his little brother, Corvus.

-Corvus-
Corvus was an elite soldier; yes. Though anyone that looked at him would probably wonder why. Whereas Black Stag was large and very well built, Corvus was not. He was slightly smaller than Black Stag and he seemed more of a lean and wiry build than his adopted brothers.

As he jumped into the in-progress grave; Corvus began to dig quickly, his black and white paws pushing dirt faster than even Black Stag had. His burning orange eyes seemed both wise but young at the same time as he continued to dig with his speed. Truth was, digging faster kept Corvus warmer and kept the blood pumping quickly.

His black and white ears flicked to some sound from far away, a bird calling or something akin to that. It wasn't long before Corvus could feel the muscles in his legs burning with effort, though he kept digging until the burn turned into a deep ache. The part of his that was Night Owl felt he needed to dig as far as he could. He owed Sage Ghost that much; for taking him into the pack so many years ago.

Despite Hailstorm's orders to only dig until their paws hurt, Corvus continued to dig until the muscles in his legs were crying for him to stop. He jumped from the hole, his paws, legs, and chest covered in softer dirt before he laid down near Bledri.

-Twilight-
Twilight watched Corvus digging, keeping herself from snorting at his speed. She jumped into the hole, picking up where Corvus had left off and digging deeper into softer dirt. Truth be told, the only female Elite Soldier loathed digging graves. Having dug her father's when she was younger with Black Stag; it was not something she enjoyed having to do but it had to be done.

Being the smallest of the three Elite Soldiers, Twilight was an odd sight among the three. She was the smallest, though she was well and leanly muscled; one would not have expected her in that particular rank. It wasn't her size that got her there, it was her fighting abilities. Of the three soldiers, she was the one you simply did not seek to piss off. Between the personality that she had inherited from her parents and the event of her life; including her missing brother and mother, and her long dead but cherished father, she was a wolfess with the temper that could rival a lynx and a chip on her shoulder the size of the Black Mountains.

Her eyes were a dark blue, a thin line of lighter blue rimming the edge of her eyes. She concentrated on the dirt below her as she continued to pull the dirt from the grave. Twilight felt her lower legs begin to ache and hurt and stopped her digging, jumping from the grave with a sort of grace that one would not expect from her...

-Silver River-
((Apparently I had mixed up timeline timings and at this point Bledri has already been approved to stay.))

The Elite Hunter smiled lightly at Bledri's question, "Nothing will happen. You can stay."

As Twilight left the grave, Silver River stood before she looked to Bledri "Stay with Corvus, please."

Silver River lowered herself into the grave, which was now at least 6-8 inches above her ears. She wasted no time and began digging as well, the dirt sifting through her paws and claws as it flew out of the hole. The elite hunter was no stranger to dirt and grime coating her predominantly white coat.

She dug furiously, her paws moving quickly; green eyes watching the dirt fly from her paws. This was part of the job, though her muscles did not want to last long today; given the kind of haste that Silver River had used trying to find Sage Ghost today. It was rare that the elite hunter ran full speed through the packlands trying to find someone and her muscles were already worn down.

Silver River continued to dig until everything in her front legs complained at her. She would probably feel it tomorrow as she did her job, but she didn't care. Sage Ghost deserved a damn good burial and if Silver River had any say in it; she'd make sure she got one. The former alpha had led the pack through so much in her time as leader and it would've been wrong for her to have less of a burial.

The elite hunter had removed about as much dirt as Corvus had, and her muscles were angry with her. Jumping out of the hole, she walked back over to Bledri and Corvus, sitting a moment before he laid down...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zandalen
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:41 pm

((I forgot that he was already excepted. ^^; I guess he might not know since he is very young))

Bledri obeyed what the she-wolf had instructed and waited patiently for her return. He snuggled with Corvus as he waited, scratching his ear with his left hid paw until the itch subsided. I think I will like my new home. And once I am big enough I will find my mother! The young red, gray and brown pup thought as Silver River returned. He gently nibbled on one of her ears as the digging of the grave continued...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:04 pm

((Zeroki, will you be willing to take over Cedar temporarily until we can find someone to take him on? Or should I? I sort of hate to hog the healer position. XD ))

Stone Fur was a bit surprised when he was not asked to dig, but then, being among the oldest wolves in the pack, he had little real strength left in his legs. The best he could do would be to make sure no one wolf tried to overdo it. He offered a forced smile to Amaranth. It was hard for him. He'd never been close to Sage Ghost, but with her death, it felt to him like the old ways were done... Those he'd known and trusted all his life as a pup were gone... The Black Mountain Pack was changing, and a part of him feared that maybe... just maybe it might not change for the better. That all depended on Hailstorm, and whomever she chose to rule with her. Still... he'd made Amaranth a promise. He would never frown in front of her, even when things were at their hardest.

Corona thought to object. He wanted to be among the first to dig, to help break through the ground, but he understood Hailstorm's reasoning. It would take just as much strength to dig through the hard packed layers at the bottom and ensure that the hole did not cave in before the time had come as it did initially. So he sat, and he waited. He kept his eye on Silver River and the pups... She was taking this hard, he knew. Even without being close to Sage Ghost, Silver River prided herself on her skills. She held herself to the same standard as her mother had been held. Sighing, he stood up and made his way to her side. "You're not responsible for this, you know," he told her, "I see it in your eyes. You think you failed somehow... but you couldn't have stopped this. We don't have any control when Pulse Wolf comes for a soul... Even the healers and spirituals, for all their skills, can't prevent it. So don't you blame yourself. The rest of us don't. I know Deepening Shadows doesn't."

((I'll post with Summit Shadow next. We need to fix our digging order a little bit. LOL ))

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:06 am

((Fix it how?))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:36 am

((Summit Shadow hasn't dug yet. LOL ))

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:56 pm

((Again dear FS, you need to read posts xD Summit Shadow was supposed to dig before Zeroki's post but...not to sound rude xDD we got tired of waiting for ya so Zer just posted and mentioned in her post that her characters dig after Summit Shadow. Silly goose!))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyuuna Zaraki

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Zandalen wrote:
Once Solstice had seen Moonscar finish digging, she quickly padded up. He gaze was fixed on the hole that was a head of her. Making she that she did not have any eye contact with Dusted Leaf or any of the other males; she quickly dove into the hole and began to dig. She didn't mind that she had to dig, she kind of enjoyed digging but usually she had a happier reason to dig. This was not one of those reasons.

As soon as she had finished digging she climbed out of the hole and went to sit next to Moonscar and wait for the other wolves in the pack to finish.

Moonscar nuzzles Solstice softly after her friend settled herself when she was done digging as well and now looks back at the Alpha; ready for any other orders coming her way. She was having to focus quite hard on ignoring the other males as well, though she was unaware of any difficulties Solstice was having with avoiding looking at the other males herself. Though another reason Moonscar was ignoring the boys is she rightfully felt this was no time to be looking for love; not when she had the dirt of a grave on her paws.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:41 am

((Sorry guys, skip me! I have nothing to post atm ><)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:59 am

(*poke poke* Zerokiiiii)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:38 pm

-Silver River-
"You're not responsible for this, you know,""I see it in your eyes. You think you failed somehow... but you couldn't have stopped this. We don't have any control when Pulse Wolf comes for a soul... Even the healers and spirituals, for all their skills, can't prevent it. So don't you blame yourself. The rest of us don't. I know Deepening Shadows doesn't."

The pale huntress looked towards the beta as he approached her while she flicked her ears in different directions to entertain Bledri for the time being. She listened to Corona, and for awhile; she didn't say anything but she seemed to be thinking. Tilting her head forward, she toppled Bledri into the snow, smiling at him lightly. "Why don't you go play with Corvus for just a bit, Bledri? I'm sure he misses you over there."

Watching Bledri run off to her adopted brother with a light smile before she turned to the beta. "I know that I couldn't have stopped her passing, Corona. No wolf can tell Pulse Wolf what to do, just as I would not have been able to stop him when he came for my mother's soul." she spoke in a low tone, so that only her and Corona could be privy to the conversation.

The huntress paused a moment before speaking again as she looked at the empty shell that was once the powerful Sage Ghost.

"I just feel I should've been able to find her, considering the hunting and tracking skills I take my pride in. Perhaps not to have been able to prevent her passing; but I think if I, or anyone for that matter had found her quicker than we did, perhaps we could've given Hailstorm a better chance to say goodbye to her grandmother."

Silver River sighed a moment, looking down.

"I don't know, Corona. I still feel I should've been able to do more."

-Corvus-
The elite soldier watched the look on his sister's face before she toppled Bledri off of her head, apparently telling him to head over to Corvus. His orange eyes watched the conversation from afar though he wasn't listening, they were talking too lowly for him to hear clearly.

Though he was curious, he was deciphering what was happening; given that Silver River was as close to him as an adopted sister could be. He smiled broadly as Bledri approached once more, again playing the 'clown' as he flicked snow at the pup...

((And those are the only two characters I'm replying with right now.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Corona listened to Silver River's mourning words, and he leaned close, brushing his muzzle against hers. "No one could have done more for her than you did, Silver River," he told her, "Sage Ghost couldn't have said goodbye to anyone...She was trapped in her own body, just as it felt for a long time like Deepening Shadows was trapped in mine. It's okay to be sad, and to miss her, but don't blame yourself for things you couldn't have changed. The last thing I need now is for a sweet she-wolf like your to slip into depression. You've still got a confused beta to keep in line." He gave a bit of a smirk, hoping his attempt at light humor didn't fall flat, but he had to do something to fix Silver River's mood. He hated to see her cry.

Dusk Owl stepped forward to take her turn to dig, wincing through arthuritic paws as she pushed the soft dirt aside. The hole was quite deep now, and she found herself barely able to jump out of it, but all this was the least she could do for Sage Ghost. Sage Ghost had been there for her father, Pine Raven, after her mother, Bright Lark had died. Like everything else, Dusk Owl recalled those days perfectly, and she knew that she owed the former alpha a lot. She closed her eyes, offering a soft prayer for the alpha's soul, hoping she would arrive safely in the Mountain in the Sky if she had not already.

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:44 pm

"No one could have done more for her than you did, Silver River,""Sage Ghost couldn't have said goodbye to anyone...She was trapped in her own body, just as it felt for a long time like Deepening Shadows was trapped in mine. It's okay to be sad, and to miss her, but don't blame yourself for things you couldn't have changed. The last thing I need now is for a sweet she-wolf like your to slip into depression. You've still got a confused beta to keep in line."

Silver River did not shy away from Corona's muzzle brush, listening to his words quietly. She had actually meant for Hailstorm to say goodbye to her grandmother, not the other way around as Corona had said but no matter. However, the beta was successful in his attempt at light humor, because the elite hunter laughed quietly, chuckling.

"An elite hunter keeping a beta in line? Well now that's unheard of!" She laughed quietly, her green eyes shining once more. "And you're not that confused. Now Corvus, he's confused."

Her adopted brother had his moments, but he was an all around good wolf. Silver River was not being malicious in her teasing of him, Corvus had known that for years, he never took her teasing to heart. She was his sister, she had all the rights of being the older sibling to tease her younger brother.

((And I almost forgot, Firestorm. I'll take over Cedar for a bit, though I'm no expert at the healing herbs and whatnot that he and Stone Fur use, so expect some generalizations!))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 pm

[That'd be great Zero. Thanks. Smile ))

PostSubject: Re: Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)   

Back to top Go down

Alpha's Last Breath (Call to the pack)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next