The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Bringing Tidings of Sorrow (Attn: Firestorm)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Bringing Tidings of Sorrow (Attn: Firestorm)   Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:45 am

-Silver River-
Her paws beat against the ground in a decent pace, not excessively fast but also not slow. She'd been running fast enough earlier, and now that she was close; she didn't need to. Deep inside, Silver River felt so horrible for doing this. She wished with everything in her, that she didn't have to.

Slowing to a walk, Silver River looked around. It didn't seem that anyone was near the border. Still, she was not going to cross into Swift River lands without permission, something that didn't have at that current moment in time. Raising her head, she howled to the nearest wolf, hoping that Ocean Storm was out on patrol, refreshing the borders.

A howl answered her not too long after she had sent her up. She had been in luck, Ocean Storm was nearby and was heading her way.

-Ocean Storm-
He had just refreshed one of the border markings when Silver River's howl reached his ears. The alpha was confused, for lack of a better word. Ocean Storm recognized his sister-in-law's howl, but didn't know what she was doing here. True, Storm Raven and Silver River had visited on occasion simply to visit, catch up, that sort of thing and that hadn't been for awhile.

Nevertheless, his duty as alpha required him to find out what was wrong; and he sent up his own deep, baritone howl in response to Silver River's, telling her he was on his way.

It didn't take too long to find her, he was really only a 15 minute lope away; and spotted her immediately. Silver River was about the same size as Storm Raven had been, but her mostly white coat made her stand out like a sore thumb in the sunny afternoon.

The difference in her usual demeanor was apparent to him from a distance. Silver had become very shy after Cold Mountain passed, but she was usually had a shy smile on hand for the Swift River alphas. Today however, she didn't; and that worried Ocean Storm quickly. And it was in her eyes, her eyes were so dark with sorrow and Silver River looked like a lost puppy. Something had happened, something that had affected her enough to break her mask.

Silver River looked up at him, as nearly all wolves had to and spoke only one sentence.

"I need to talk to CrystalStream, please."

No mention was made of a visit, and her face was so grave. It was only then, at closer look that Silver River's eyes were rimmed with red and bloodshot, like she had been crying. Ocean Storm turned slowly, motioning for her to follow. The white wolfess did so, following the much larger alpha as they pressed forward into a trotting speed.

Ocean Storm sent up a quick howl, calling for his mate so that they could find where she was in the lands...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Tidings of Sorrow (Attn: Firestorm)   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:51 am

CrystalStream was all the way at the other end of the territory, but even then she could hear the howl, and it didn't sound like good news. Biting her lip, she turned and raced as quickly as her legs would allow, soon finding her mate, and the mourning Silver River.

CrystalStream's eyes darkened. This wasn't the Silver River she knew. She was usually so quiet, so shy... but always happy. She'd been like that ever since their mutual father, Cold Mountain, had died, and the look in the younger she-wolf's eyes now already told the alpha the whole story. She bowed her head then, but she said not a word, instead preferring to allow her sister to speak.

((Sorry it took me so long to get to this. I didn't even notice it. XD ))

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Tidings of Sorrow (Attn: Firestorm)   Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:57 am

Ocean Storm had been watching Silver River as they headed and met up with CrystalStream. He had come to the same conclusion that his mate had, that Storm Raven had indeed passed away. His pale blue eyes watched Silver with sorrow, feeling her pain. As CrystalStream bowed her head, he did so as well.

Silver River stared at CrystalStream a moment as she bowed her head, her green eyes wide as her ears fell against her head. She moved forward, nudging CrystalStream's face with her nose, trying to get her to stop bowing her head. It was apparent even to Silver River at that moment that the two alphas had already figured it out, words were not needed or even wanted at that exact moment in time.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to come see her before she is buried."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Tidings of Sorrow (Attn: Firestorm)   Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:10 pm

CrystalStream slowly nodded her head. "I will... speak to Hailstorm on the matter," she said, "There are still some lingering tensions between our packs, and I want Hailstorm to never doubt that I respect our borders. Also, know that... if you, or any of my family desire to become a part of this pack, you are more than welcome."

She leaned down, nuzzling her sister. "But for now... try to cheer up. Mother is at peace now. She is one with the forest, and even now her spirit will help strengthen you. You are strong, Silver River... Both of your parents were the strongest wolves I ever knew... You should be proud that your mother was able to teach you so much before she left."

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Tidings of Sorrow (Attn: Firestorm)   Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:30 pm

"I will... speak to Hailstorm on the matter," "There are still some lingering tensions between our packs, and I want Hailstorm to never doubt that I respect our borders. Also, know that... if you, or any of my family desire to become a part of this pack, you are more than welcome."

The white and grey huntress nodded lightly, her face a bit unreadable as CrystalStream mentioned Hailstorm. While she did not harbor any resentment for Hailstorm, she indeed hoped that the young Black Mountain alpha would allow CrystalStream and Ocean Storm to attend Storm Raven's funeral.

"But for now... try to cheer up. Mother is at peace now. She is one with the forest, and even now her spirit will help strengthen you. You are strong, Silver River... Both of your parents were the strongest wolves I ever knew... You should be proud that your mother was able to teach you so much before she left."

Even though the beliefs of Black Mountain and Swift River were a bit different, Silver River respected both equally and smiled lightly at the mention of Cold Mountain and Storm Raven having been the strongest wolves that CrystalStream had ever known.

"I am proud that she was able to teach me all that she knew before she went, but I sometimes fear that I will let her or others around me down. I'm not as strong as Summit Shadow or Black Stag."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Tidings of Sorrow (Attn: Firestorm)   Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:50 pm

CrystalStream nodded in understanding. "I often feel the same way, Silver River," she assured her, "My mentor constantly was telling me I would never be strong enough or good enough. I fought to prove him wrong all my life... I may be an alpha now, but that madclaw's voice still rings in my ears. Trust me when I tell you that you have more strength than you realize. You have your brothers, and you have me... Being a wolf is more than just about being part of a pack. It means being part of a family... and being part of a family means that you will always have someone you can turn to... As long as you have that, you'll never be without the strength you need to carry on."

It was a long-winded speech, but CrystalStream had learned that lesson well. Without her siblings, without WaterHawk and Autumn, without Rainbow... and even without Unknown One, she knew she would never have gotten over the death of her parents.

She turned to look up at Ocean Storm. "Will you be okay leading the pack for a few days without me? The only one who might give you any trouble is my brother, and it's more likely that he's out eating poisoned berries than anything."

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Tidings of Sorrow (Attn: Firestorm)   Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Silver River listened the CrystalStream's speech, listening all the while. She smiled lightly, a weak smile at that, before she looked at her sister, one ear folding backwards a moment.

"Will you be okay leading the pack for a few days without me? The only one who might give you any trouble is my brother, and it's more likely that he's out eating poisoned berries than anything."

Ocean Storm smiled lightly, nodding. "If your brother does give me any trouble, I won't guarantee that he's going to be in one piece when you come back." Though Ocean Storm was speaking truth; his voice had a lilting humorous tone that indicated that he joking. It was well known now that Ocean Storm did not have a great liking for his addicted brother-in-law but he was CrystalStream's brother, he wouldn't hurt him unless Unknown One somehow lost his mind and tried to kill him or someone else.

Leaning down, Ocean Storm nuzzled his mate lightly. "Go, we'll be fine here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Tidings of Sorrow (Attn: Firestorm)   

Back to top Go down

Bringing Tidings of Sorrow (Attn: Firestorm)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1