The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

The midnight pup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: The midnight pup   Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Dusk was falling, the sky was shot with streaks of gold and pink and the birds were settling into their nests. It was silent, the diurnal creatures settling in to sleep yet the nocturnal not yet fully active. However, near the eastern borders of The Swift River Clan there was one sound. A rather noisy rustling and the obvious sound of panting. Romping through the overgrown brush was a jet black pup with a few white marks. Her muzzle was open in a grin, tongue protruding from the front of her muzzle as she panted in response to the hot and humid air. She paused, sighting in on a mouse that stared back at her with wide, liquid black eyes. Not even a whisker twitched as the rodent had frozen in place the moment he heard the young she wolf approaching in hopes that the pup would not notice him and pass him up. She indeed noticed him and crouched down into a playful position, chest flat on the ground and butt in the air, tail wagging mercilessly.
"One...twoooo...threeeeeeeeee!." she hollered as she leapt up and began chase. The moment she squealed 'three' the mouse darted off, with Lucky giving chase. With short, puppish legs and no experience she quickly lost the rodent. The female slowed to a stop when she lost sight of the mouse, having only taken a few long bounds anyways, and giggled. She turned her brown eyes up to the darkening sky, seeing the flicker of the first few appearing stars above, and sniffed lightly as she sat down. What to do now? She'd been lost for days, and her stomach was in knots when she wasn't occupying herself with romping through the woods. It was the only way she knew to keep the fear, loneliness, and hunger from overtaking her. She didn't want to think that she would probably die out here, alone in the woods and only four months old. She'd become separated from her mother days ago when she was supposed to sit put in hiding whilst the adult female went out to hunt for her pups. Unlike her brother and sister, Lucky couldn't sit tight for long. She'd gone off to explore against the timid arguments of her smaller sister and ended up lost. Now she unknowingly roamed the edges of The Swift River Clan territory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The midnight pup   Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:26 am

[Oooh. I know the perfect she-wolf to notice little Lucky! I'll reply on the morning! Very Happy]

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The midnight pup   Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 am

CatTail had decided to take a walk herself that evening. While the days usually kept the young teller busy, sharing the stories of clan history with excited young pups, today CrystalStream had given her permission to take a day to herself.

Unlike her brother, Unknown One, CatTail wasn't at all jealous of her older sister. She knew CrystalStream's lineage just as well as he did, and sometimes provided a listening ear for her brother's frustrations, but truly, she was happy where she was. She loved to tell stories and to spend time with pups, and though it was sometimes a lonely position, since she didn't really have a lot of time to find a mate of her own, it was a fulfilling one.

She was on her way to the river when she heard the tiny voice, and the young she-wolf crouched low. Through the grasses she watched as the pup pounced and began to chase the rodent... with no success. A warm smile crossed her lips. "You've got potential, young pup, but you lack training. What are you doing, so far from your territory? You don't have the scent of Black Mountain on you..." She kept herself low to the ground as she approached, not wanting to scare the poor little thing.

((Meo, CatTail is Rainbow's new name, taken and given in honor of the former alpha by the forest itself, but I can't quite recall what she looks like. Do you happen to have a ref or know where I can find one? Even if it's just her and Unknown One together, that'd be great. If not, I'll remake her from scratch. ))

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: The midnight pup   Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:41 pm

((Hehe, people have always seemed to forget it's Cattail, as in the plant, not CatTail as in a cat's tail xD. Anywho, here's the one Noc did of her :3 I'll reply later as I'm busy atm :3 ))

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The midnight pup   Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:06 pm

((Uumm.... did you forget a link? XD ))

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The midnight pup   Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:08 pm

this is what her link was supposed to be:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The midnight pup   Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:27 pm

But where's Rainbow? Smile

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: The midnight pup   Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:24 pm

((I don't know, this was one of the ones done by Nocturne >< There was another Swift River sheet she did, maybe she's on there P: I can check ^^))

Lucky's oddly bent ears popped up at the sound of a voice. Her neck stretched out as she strained to look for the owner of the voice, and saw an adult! Oh goody! Maybe she could help. Un-phased that this was a stranger and that she should be more careful around them due to her current lack of socialization skills her tail began to wag madly as she thrashed through the grasses towards the grown she wolf, stumbling over a small stick but easily regaining her footing as she trotted up to the pack wolf with a wide grin.
"Oh hi! Oh um..I don't have a terror-tory and I got lost from my mom and why don't I smell like a mountain?" she babbled excitedly, glad to see another wolf besides her own reflection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The midnight pup   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:14 am

CatTail shook her head and laughed. The pup was clumsy, but she appeared to be just entering that awkward phase, so there was plenty more to go. For a moment she stared at the little thing as she struggled with her words.

"Black Mountain dear," she smiled, "It's one of the packs around here. They were our enemies at one time... and for the moment, they're our allies, but if you're lost I certainly can't leave you out here on your own, now can I?" She looked the pup over, trying to gauge how old she was and how long it must have been since she'd last eaten. "Are you hungry little one? You must be if you were trying to get after a rabbit like that."

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: The midnight pup   Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:21 am

Lucky's brown, expressive eyes grew wide as the grown-up before her explained about Black Mountain. Emenies! Her attention shifted again at the mention of food, and she felt her stomach tighten and cramp. A soft, but audible growling came from the area and Lucky smiled sheepishly. Then...rabbit? Lucky's eyes widened again as she looked around owlishly.
"That was a rabbii?! I thought it was a mice!" then her muzzle tipped up to CatTail, and her bent ears perked up,"But YES, I'm hungry!" she finally responded, bouncing on her hind paws eagerly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The midnight pup   Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:39 pm

CatTail laughed at the pup's mistake. She thought it was a mouse? Truly Lucky hadn't spent much time around her own kind to believe such a thing. She shook her head. "A mouse is smaller, and it has round ears," she explained, "Rabbits are bigger, and a couple wolves can share one and not be hungry for a long time." She turned and headed back inward toward Swift River's borders, motioning for the little pup to follow her.

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: The midnight pup   Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:57 pm

((Hehe, reread my first post. It was a mouse xD. Also, did you get my PM?))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The midnight pup   

Back to top Go down

The midnight pup
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1