The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Good news, everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Good news, everyone!   Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Or it could be not so good news, however you see it xD. For me, it's spectacular news. I got a new job! Though I've only spoken about my problems at my last job to FS, the short story is the last place (a nursing home) basically did not treat their employees with respect or fairness plus I had started having issues with someone concerning false accusations. Although those accusations were dismissed and nothing else arose, I was unsettled and decided it was a sign to move on. After putting in a few applications around, and with some help from someone (cheating? Maybe, but when it's your life you're talking about..) I got into one of the best nursing homes around! Seriously, they take care of their employees, and it's so much better! I already got a $50 bonus for working on my weekend off and 40 hours a week is guaranteed. They want you to have 40 hours, so if you call off they want you to use a paid sick day. Unlike the other place, which put you on call for several of your scheduled days..so if you didn't get called in you didn't get to work which meant no pay. No, we were not paid for being on call either and if you got called in it was just a regular work day, no perks or anything like that. Sick days were non-existent, also, and the last Holiday I worked there I did not get paid for it even though I was told it was a paid Holiday. Hmm. My checks, also, had been getting shorted. Only by a few dollars but it's the principle of the thing.
Now, at this new place of employment, I get a free lunch (last place you had to pay $2. Not much, but weigh that against free xDD), paid Holidays, paid Sick Days, Vacation time, and...get this...$1 a year for health insurance. Yea, I am not even joking. I got two other girls from my last job going to put in an application because they need and want to get out of there too xD.
So what does this mean? Well, it means more days working, thus even less time to get to my mom's house to get online, but for my life it means the world to me and I should get better checks. I took a pay-cut, but with the added hours it will at least make up for it if not give me a little more. Let me make this clear, however, that I am not leaving. It simply means that it will be slightly longer gaps between log-ins. I don't think this will be too bad of a problem, though, with our low activity at the moment P: .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Good news, everyone!   Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:59 pm

That's great to hear that you got out of that job that you hated, Meo. I do wish we could see you more often. (Buy internet, wink wink nudge nudge) I'm just kidding, you know that but it is great that your life is heading in a direction better than before.

Puppy kisses!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Good news, everyone!   Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:08 pm

:O that's fantastic!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Good news, everyone!   Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:11 pm

It is indeed good news to hear that you found a better working place! Good luck, take care and enjoy yourself there!

That last shall be a key point for if you like it at the company, where people are kind, for all the higher staff members, respect their employees.

FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Good news, everyone!   Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Good for you, Meo, but seriously, you do need to get internet where you live. Wink Buy net ten cards at Walmart if you have to. Having you back on a regular basis could go a long way toward gettin' this place really jumping again. And um... talk to Nocturne, if you could. She's kinda' upset about the direction we've taken.

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Good news, everyone!   Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:23 am

I've noted her on DA quite a bit, but I have never heard anything back from her Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news, everyone!   

Back to top Go down

Good news, everyone!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1