The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Siblings (Merc)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Siblings (Merc)   Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:40 pm

A red wolfess laughed from her nearby position laying at the base of a tree, as a pale grinning wolf nudged her siblings around, tripping over each other with their puppy paws. Her adopted brother, still a bit of a gangly youth, towered over them, shifting his paws so they were bumped into or tripped over. exclaimed his marvel and confusion as she growled, trying to tear a stick away from Thunder. The sun above was a bright blue, and the dappled shadows of the trees above were a stark contrast to the rest of the bright reen grass. A summoning howl permeated the air.

Night Star woke up with a jolt, looking around in panic. Instead of the sunny day she'd seen moments before, she saw rough dirt walls and a floor of moss and dried leaves. Realizing it had all been just a dream, she lay her head back down and waited for her heart to slow it's frantic beating. If it weren't for the fact that most of those in her dream, her memory, were dead or gone it would've been a good dream. As it was... Mother....Father...Thunder...Silver Leaf.... I miss you so much. She'd been having dreams of her family lately. Not Flash Fire and Owl Feathers, but the rest. Her parents. Her adopted big brother. Her twin. It'd been years since they'd left her life but they had all of her good puphood memories and when they left all those that would've made good dreams were now nightmares. Night Star hated waking up with glassy eyes and an aching heart. "Wonder how Flash Fire and Owl Feathers are..." She murmured. The memories were still playing through her mind and she sighed, standing up and stretching. "Maybe...Maybe I just need some air. " She padded out into the morning sunshine and sat outside her den, eyes closed, enjoying the warmth for a moment.

Feeling a bit better, she trotted to the river for a drink, and maybe a swim...and also the hope of seeing her siblings.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Merc)   Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:19 pm

"I can't sleep," a red she-wolf barked into the dark night, laying on her side but head up and alert.

"Is it too humid out? The seasons are changing," her brother and den mate replied gently. His hind leg scratched his side, clumps of winter down practically exploding off him. Owl Feathers was more of an Owlet Feathers, in winter him being so poofy he was less of a wolf and more of a white cloud shaded with grey. He was a thin wisp of himself now, sleek dark fur with only chunks of the lighter color on him left. Out of all the wolves on Black Mountain, he claimed to change the most in appearance, so much so other wolves didn't recognize him in summer.

"That's not it," she replied while sitting up, black tail stiff, "I'm thinking about Dad again. It's as if he won't leave me alone."

"He left you alone in life when you asked for it," he said, getting up and sitting beside his sister outside of the stuffy den, "Why not ask him again?" He scratched his other side, more hair falling out.

"How do you go about that? Talking to ghosts... Falling Snow told us to never do that," she continued, frustrated. Her gaze continued straight ahead, unmoving and tense.

"He said that if you call upon One-Who-Walked- With-Us..."

Owl Feathers then paused, deep in thought. This would not help his sister, talk of ghosts. He did remember, however, when Falling Snow and Wind Feather would talk of spirits coming to those who need to finish something or find something hidden or lost.

"Does it help that I've dreamt of him too?" he continued, lowering his head, "He is always in water... in the river-"

"No one can cross the river or swim in it; you drown if you do," she barked loudly, "Why would he want us to drown? To be with him again? I know Mom left violently and he died of grief... but we can't all be sad anymore."

"... what if he meant the stream?" the brother said gingerly, "I feel like taking a dip, and you look like you need one, Oh-One-Of-Fire." He sighed and stood up, still deferring to his sister. Shaking his body to remove the loose hair, he slowly began to walk to the stream, those cool ponds of relief. Flash Fire stood and followed him, her slaty colored father's image becoming clearer than ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Merc)   Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:31 am

OOC: just going to point out it was morning for my post, but i'm running with your saying this is taking place at night.

Night Star stared at her reflection, comparing herself to her parents who had died so needlessly. Eyes of her mother, base pelt of her father. She lay her head on her paws so that her nose was only inches from the top of the stream, and sighed. All around her reflection was the redlection of her name sakes, looking much more at peace than she felt.

A slight draft of wind carried a familiar scent, and she raised her head sharply. Night Star stared into the darkness, searching for who it was. Another breeze brought the smell of her siblings, coming this way. Wonder if Flash Fire or Owl Feathers had trouble sleeping... Of have dreamt of our parents. She thouht, waiting to see her brother and sister.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Merc)   Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:03 pm

ooc: I am so sorry for mistaking the time... : (. I can always change it, if that is okay?

Owl Feathers popped first out of the bushes on the muddy banks of the stream. He looked down at his reflection a few feet away, and his brow creased in dissatisfaction.

"Look at me, Flash..." he muttered to his sister, calling her by her pet name as he would have when he was a younger wolf, "I look ridiculous. My fur is gone... all of it! I look more like a bald baby owlet than my name..."

"Relax," the flame-backed shewolf replied calmly, nudging her brother's side with her muzzle to his side, "It will all grow back come winter. I bet your fur will be even poofier next year than this last! Which is... horrifying." The last bit ended with her laughing; her brother's long fur in the winter made him look more like a bear than a wolf, and he ended up scaring off pups and other small animals when they saw him.

Owl Feather's nose twitched; an all too familiar scent caught in his nose from upstream. So familiar, in fact, that it could have been a sibling.

Well, it was of a sibling.

"Night Star is nearby," he said cheerily, "Maybe talking to her will ease your spirits!" He immediately started walking in the direction of the scent, but Flash Fire was more wary. Her paws planted to the ground, her nose crinkled and eyes narrowed. She could recognize the scent, but how could she be sure of her flighty brother that he was correct?

"Are you sure that is her?"

"I promise. I'd recognize it anywhere."

Last edited by mercury on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Merc)   Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Catching the scent of her siblings, stronger on the wind, Night Star stood up. It'd been a while, what with their different duties keeping them from seeing much of each other, that they'd all enjoyed each others presence. Plus she herself hadn't exactly been looking for company, until now. She began walking in the direction of the other wolves, a slight smile on her face at getting to actually sit and talk with Flash Fire and Owl Feathers.

"Flash! Owl!" She barked softly into the night. "Can't sleep?" Maybe talking to them would cheer her up, clear her mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Merc)   Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:47 pm

ooc: Merc, want to call this thread off? There was a lot of miscommunications, and I know you've been busy. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cloverleaf
Unfamiliar wolf
Unfamiliar wolf

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Merc)   Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Cedar ran over to Stone Fur. His eyes where full of eagerness to join everyone in the hunt. He knew he was a bit late but he had been busy, secretly gathering herbs he thought he could use and smiled. "Sorry I'm late.... again. I don't mean to be, honest. I just was, helping on other ways."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Merc)   Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:52 pm

((Ummmm... This would be the wrong post, Cloverleaf. The post that you are looking for is called "The Great Hunt ((ALL HUNTERS REPORT!))" It is further down the page.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Merc)   Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:45 am

((I'll do a copy/paste for Clover Leaf. Smile ))

PostSubject: Re: Siblings (Merc)   

Back to top Go down

Siblings (Merc)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1