The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 29, 2011 12:31 am

I have to do a bit of looking into it, but I am pretty sure that PHPbb has a sub-forums feature as well. It's a good idea, if we can implement it. Smile

As for the rules, we do state on the site we want to keep things realistic, but if we're moving the site, it would only be logical to revise the rules to make them a bit easier to read, a bit more concise. Smile If you want to draw up a new rules draft, Meo, I'd be glad to give it a once-over. Smile

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 29, 2011 1:45 am

Righto :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 29, 2011 1:59 am

Okay, back in a flash with the rules I've got from one of my other forums I'd been working on. With fixes to suit TBMS, of course :3 tell me what you think of these, FS.

Rules

*Do not mix OOC (out of character) and IC (in-character) feelings, knowledge, etc. If you know something about a plot OOCly, your character should not know it ICly unless it has been roleplayed out that the character has discovered it.
*However, you can spoof (insinuate) scenes and whatnot as long as all involved parties agree on what happened, how, the outcome, etc. To make things safe, perhaps make a backup record of the spoof incase it is needed in the future.
*No powerplay, godmodding, or thrilkilling. Powerplay/godmodding is where you take control of another person's character in your post. If the other player does not agree that that's okay, don't do it. Thrillkilling is where your character goes around and tries to kill another character with no plot behind it and no agreement from the other player.
*No flaming please <3 there may be an official rant thread in Yips, Howls, Woofs, and Growls, or you may make one, to get what you need off of your chest and to let others post what they want to say for themselves, but do not direct anything towards anyone and do not use it to make trouble within the forum.
*When you make a profile a character, you cannot decide to give yourself a high rank (so you can't decide that your character is, like, going to be a Beta). You may freely choose of any of the more 'commoner' ranks below the Delta position unless the informational website of that pack says otherwise.

More may be added if deemed neccessary.

Fighting Rules

*As per the above rules, no powerplay or godmodding.
*When posting an attack, use the words 'attempted', 'tried to' 'aimed for' etc. This gives your opponent the chance to decide whether to dodge or take the hit. It keeps you from powerplaying, as well.
*TAKE HITS. We all want our characters to be uber kwl and ttly awesome, but that's not how it goes in real life and so it shall not here. Also, your character should experience fatigue and weaken from battle. Sometimes, it's more fun and dramatic to lose and get a few scars worth showing off .
*You are allowed only three dodges maximum in a row. This means, if you dodge three times without taking a hit in between, you MUST take the fourth attack as a hit. It doesn't matter if it could cripple your character.
*On the same note, no fatal or severely crippling attacks time after time after time. Realistically, a fight is going to move very fast even if it seems to go slow when typing it out in roleplay. Your character won't really have time to decide the best place to hit each and every time.
*You are permitted to ask staff to watch a fight, if you so desire, without consequences. We will not inform anyone else whether or not we were asked to watch a fight and we will only speak up if we see a rule/s being broken.

Characters

*No Mary-Jane characters. In other words, no making a perfect character. All characters must have a weakness to each strength, whether it be physical, emotional, mental, etc. On the same note, no giants of your species. A few may be allowed through, if they're only slightly bigger than their average fellows, but if you have a character of some kind of mega-size over what's considered normal, it will not be accepted and you will be asked to downsize it to normal.
*Concerning colors, they must be semi-realistic. You can have some shades on your character that are slightly out of normalcy but no going overboard. Feel free to ask either an administrator or the moderator of profiles if you are unsure.
*Concerning the above. Don't get me wrong, feel free to be creative for we will allow you to make up your own original markings as long as they're minor. Just don't over do it. Example: Don't give your wolf character tiger stripes or a crazy plaid pattern or something like that. Splotches, spotting, a few small stripes, even some brindling etc etc are all fine however.
*No magic! Your character cannot have powers, or glowy objects, etc. A degree of shaman-ism for the Spiritual characters is allowed, as long as it's not in any way being used as an unfair advantage over others. Spiritual characters can only contact the Spirits, read dreams, make predictions (which may not be and don't always have to be correct) etc, but they cannot read minds, see into the past or future, magically heal, etc. They may be given minor hints about something major to come through the Spirits or whatnot, but that is the extent of anything like that.

Also, these are meant to be added to what Rules/Guidelines we already have (forgive me if some of them are repeated on there that we already have, such as the flaming rule and whatnot). So, of course, keep the Offense chart, Flaming definition definately, Troll rule, link to staff if you think you've been wronged, profanity rule, theft rule, elitist rule (though I think maybe we should rephrase how we have that rule worded xD) etcetc.
I do have a suggestion about the graphic material, however. Sexual themes, still prohibited. However some people (such as myself) are not bothered by gore and as a lot of the plots around this rp revolve around warfare and all that good stuff I think that descriptive gore could be allowed only under the circumstances that all parties involved in the thread agree AND that the word (Mature) be placed in the title. This way, possible viewers are amply warned that the thread contains descriptive gore if they so wish to avoid it.

Edit: Side note, just to letcha all know in advance, I'm going to be working on giving Hailstorm a pelt design to make her look more like her parents' offspring x3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Firestorm: yes 'um!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 29, 2011 3:31 pm

Good rules. Smile I think what we can do is look at our rules thread and see how to integrate and streamline them together. I should have some time to do that within the next few days. We also need to recruit. I know we've said this before, but if you know anyone IRL who might be interested in joining our pack, PLEASE encourage them to do so. I'll do the same, of course.

I'll also be introducing a new character at some point, though I'm not sure in what pack, or what position... His name is Fire Fang, and all I have my head right now is a primarily black wolf with markings on each haunch and along his back that resemble fangs... (That is, his back is red, and the red extends to markings on each of his rear haunches). It's only a concept, and he'll probably be majorly changed by the time I'm done... I want to see where Ava's feline clan goes, but yah... just a concept about where I want to go. Smile

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 29, 2011 3:41 pm

How red is the red? Like..darker reds and such are okay but neon type reds are nonos ><.
I'm looking forward to the cougars, though. I already have a character design in mind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Gah! I also keep forgetting to suggest this: No more liquid time.
It's much easier to keep track of your character's timeline when you place them in one thread at a time and move them to a new thread to get them from place to place. So, instead of putting our characters in multiple threads at once we should keep them in one at a time. It could also keep things more interesting in that (for example) if there's an enemy wolf entering a pack territory and the other characters are already engaged in a thread, it will keep someone from the pack from having their wolf conveniently there at that very moment of time just because they don't want the enemy to encroach. To head the enemy off, a busy character will have to leave one thread and enter the other one. It's also more realistic in that we can't be in more than one place at a time. For example: Wolf1 is in camp talking to Wolf2. In the territory is Wolf3 waiting for Wolf1 to join him in a hunt. Wolf1 has to leave the thread with Wolf2 and move to the thread in the territory to join Wolf3.

It's also very helpful to post at the end of your post: (Wolf1 to *enter hunt thread title here*) So that said wolf is known to be out of that thread and into the other. Lalala.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 29, 2011 4:42 pm

Meoquanee wrote:
How red is the red? Like..darker reds and such are okay but neon type reds are nonos ><.
I'm looking forward to the cougars, though. I already have a character design in mind Very Happy

Aww... You know me better than that Meo! Nyah!

Hah. In all seriousness though, it'd be darker red, almost a blood red... something naturally occuring on a wolf, between a crimson and a brown.

Edit: In addition, the no more liquid time rule MIGHT work for the most part... We'll call that an experimental rule, but the Legends of an Age thread, given that that's all about the past (before present time with the packs), should be an exception to this, as it's more about fleshing out various happenings at different points along the timeline anyway. Fight!

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 29, 2011 6:23 pm

Agreed Very Happy We'll make it an experimentation at first and see how it takes. I've also come up with actual names for the Spirits.

First Wolf / Black Wolf shall stay the same of course
Thunder Wolf (previously Thunder Hoof)
Freezing Wolf (previously Spirit of Winter)
Warming Wolf (previously Spirit of Summer)
Wise Wolf (previously Spirit of Wisdom)
Chaos Wolf (previously Spirit of Death and Destruction)
Pulse Wolf (previously Spirit of Life)

Simple, but descriptive of who they are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Guys; I'm slow on the uptake and I apologize for it... heh...

What do we need Shifting Winds for again? I'll have to write up a 'why the tall pines pack collapsed' story... but generally, she is just an ineffective alpha who was challenged by Falling Snow. She lost and ran off (ended up dying from wounds sustained from the fight), and after receiving messages in dreams from the life-giving elk spirit Falling Snow disbands the pack (tells them to go off and that he is moving with his allies at Black Mountain).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Mon May 30, 2011 6:22 am

The rules are and profile updates are sounding good to me. For all that it can be hard to find said wolf, to who it belongs and in which pack it is. (For that i use the "Run with the packs" site, as you see there in one eye capture who belongs to where.)

Hmm... Maybe a good suggestion to make a topic in the pack sections where you have a list of the wolves and their ranks.
Example:

TMBS
Alpha's: xxxx
Beta's: xxx
Delta: xxx
Healer: xxx
ETC..

Let me know the thoughts about that.

Merc: For why I requested Shifting Winds is for and old RP, that I had started. For having my wolf Kotie fitting into the pack, getting his marking, rank position? and what not. If you don't want to do it is fine by me. (That all played out when the packs escaped the fire and made there journey to the new lands, to refresh the memory)

Then i shall think that it time to write off my two chars and start freshly. Perhaps using almost the same profile story, only a name change here and there.

mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Tue May 31, 2011 9:39 am

OH! Okay... I can still play her, if you want to have that thread. She's not as involved in that process as her little cousin Falling Snow (I also play him). Just let me know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Tue May 31, 2011 11:42 am

Hey Mercury? just wondering if you could head on over to the Legends of an age forum with Snakebite and join the thread between Firestorm and myself? We need her to mark a new member, Senka.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Tue May 31, 2011 11:55 am

I can; I was watching the thread and didn't know when to pop in : D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Tue May 31, 2011 12:19 pm

Well, CrystalStream and Senka have reached the camp now, you can pop in now if you'd like. We're not really going much else of anywhere, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Tue May 31, 2011 1:21 pm

Okay then Mercury, let me dig up that rp post then. Is somewhere on my hard disk. Then dropping it into the "Legends of an Age"

It shall be there then in a few minutes.

Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Tue May 31, 2011 2:38 pm

For those interested, the Cougar section is up and going. It's still really rough around the edges, and there's no place for us to run threads yet, but it's nice to be able to get characters started. Smile If there are any questions, or even suggestions, please feel free to PM me. =^__^= And I apologize for taking so long to get the information out there.

EGO diligo vos per totus meus pectus pectoris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/avasaddiction
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Tue May 31, 2011 2:59 pm

Looks good to me! Smile I know how much thought you've put into this!

Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Tue May 31, 2011 3:37 pm

Yay cougars! Can anyone make one? I might be interested...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Tue May 31, 2011 6:55 pm

I don't see why you can't make a Wolf and a Cougar. I suppose, as long as you don't run threads with just yourself, they can also be in RPs together.

Right? o_O

EGO diligo vos per totus meus pectus pectoris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/avasaddiction
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Hey, Meo... I was looking through my records and saw that Falling Snow and Wind Feather's pups were White Spark (the pup I have here) and one named Desert Fox. I'm trying to find her reference now... is it okay that those two... exist? haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:11 pm

..I agree with Kotie and Meo on clarifying characters. Especially with all the updates...it'd be nice to SOMEWHERE have a list of pack positions...who is what, now.

I keep getting confused. >_<

Plus, which pups still exist based on what finished and stuff... O.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:34 pm

I like your story for TPP's merge with TBMP :3 now I can add that up with Mudeye..err..MudSpider's history ^^.

Mercury, yes I'd like for those two to exist Very Happy they'd be...I dunno..a few months old by now? 4 or 5 maybe. I'm just roughly guesstimating.

Also, yay for cougars! I have a cougar character idea ready, now to pop over and read up on them Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:21 am

Hah. I thought you might like that change, Meo. XD

Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:21 pm

I also agree, by the way, with those who say that we need a pack 'chart' to figure out what positions need filled. Right now, none of my adults have ranks... haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   

Back to top Go down

REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next