The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Thu May 19, 2011 12:12 am

At this point, I'm making the assumption Imara isn't going to return. It will be a pleasant surprise if she does.

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Thu May 19, 2011 12:19 am

Well, either way, Silver River is now up for adoption. If Imara returns, if she so chooses to want Silver River back to rp, then the roleplayer that adopts her can talk to Imara and they can work it out what happens.

I just PMed Nocturne, not sure if she is coming back, but if she doesn't respond after awhile, I will probably take on Umbra and the twins Storm and Blizzard (unless someone wants one of them at that point.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Thu May 19, 2011 12:37 am

Avadedra messaged Nocturne through DeviantArt. Still waiting on a response, to my knowledge.

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Thu May 19, 2011 12:41 am

Well, I messaged her through Deviantart, and I hadn't recieved a response either. I sent the message right when we started trying to reboot (about 3-4 weeks ago or so, I think)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Thu May 19, 2011 11:08 am

Hm... I would prefer that TTPP merge with TBMP, strictly for logistical reasons (it was always planned that they were to be allies with the Black Mountainers over the Swift Rivers). I found a file how the 'battle' was supposed to break out:

1. The spirits battle.
2. Some wolves were possessed, natural disasters...
3. Whispering Oak (the old storyteller) gives his life as sacrifice to One-Who-Smashes-Boulders and One-Who-Chases-The-Sun to stop them from causing chaos.
4. These spirits make a pact with Falling Snow; they agree to cease fighting if the young wolf gives his life to service to them (along with the soul of Whispering Oak), as well as the life of his first-born.

And since his mate (Wind Feather) isn't being played anymore... this won't be a problem.

My characters so far are these:

TTPP/TBMP
Falling Snow
White Spark
Owl Feathers
Flash Fire
White Bone

TSRC
Skullbane
Briar Tooth

I can always add another to TSRC.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Thu May 19, 2011 1:52 pm

Sounds good Merc. That's one issue down. Smile

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Thu May 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Oh, by the way guys I'm planning on making a new informational site for TBMP and there's going to be some updates (such as the new forms for the dieties) and fixes in the rules. Also I'm going to be fiddling with the rankings...merging and whatnot :3.
Also, now that I know for sure what's going to happen with TTPP here's the results for those characters of mine:

Coyote: Disappeared when he ran off looking for his love interest, Snowtail.
Mudeye: Moving to TBMP
Snowtooth: Fell in love with a lone shewolf, left to be with her.
Cold River: Lived up to his name, fell through ice in TBMP territory over the winter and died.

Edit: I keep forgetting, and remembering, ideas that come to me throughout the day. I want to install a Fighting Rules section in the rules. This is a detailed guide that can really help keep godmoding nil. I'm going to copy paste my Fighting Rules from another forum I've been working on (and phailing at):

Fighting Rules

• As per the above rules, no powerplay or godmodding.
  • When posting an attack, use the words 'attempted', 'tried to' 'aimed for' etc. This gives your opponent the chance to decide whether to dodge or take the hit. It keeps you from powerplaying, as well.
  • TAKE HITS. We all want our characters to be uber kwl and ttly awesome, but that's not how it goes in real life and so it shall not here. Also, your character should experience fatigue and weaken from battle. Sometimes, it's more fun and dramatic to lose and get a few scars worth showing off .
  • You are allowed only three dodges maximum in a row. This means, if you dodge three times without taking a hit in between, you MUST take the fourth attack as a hit. It doesn't matter if it could cripple your character.
  • On the same note, no fatal or severely crippling attacks time after time after time. Realistically, a fight is going to move very fast even if it seems to go slow when typing it out in roleplay. Your character won't really have time to decide the best place to hit each and every time.
  • You are permitted to ask staff to watch a fight, if you so desire, without consequences. We will not inform anyone else whether or not we were asked to watch a fight and we will only speak up if we see a rule/s being broken.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Fri May 20, 2011 3:42 am

Poor Cold River. Sad Ah... Que Sera, Sera!

TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 22, 2011 12:15 am

So, are there any other suggestions for the reboot? Firestorm, what about the beta rank in Swift River Clan? Are there any existing wolves from before the reboot that could be placed there or.....

Just trying to keep this thread going, more ideas can't hurt.

Edit:
HeavensGaze: I forgot to add this earlier, but I do plan on playing White Night (adult name Whispering Owl) after the reboot. Someone had to remind me earlier about him and I had forgotten to tell you.

Okay, updated character list:

TBMP:
Black Stag
White Night/Whispering Owl
Twilight
Corvus
Stone Fur's Mate (in the works)

TSRC:
Red Moon
Either or both Storm and Blizzard
Senka

Not sure about:
Mirrored Ice
Taroq/Blackhawk

CHARACTERS UP FOR ADOPTION:
Silver River (Storm Raven/Cold Mountain's daughter)(TBMP)

I would put Umbra up for adoption, but he was planned to be Nocturne's character, not mine, so I can't really speak for that particular character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 22, 2011 3:14 pm

O.O
I'm back too guys! It's been so long :/ Just got Firestorm's email today and by the gods have there been a lot of posts XD

I won't keep more than 4 characters, between the packs. I'm also perfectly fine with TLVP merging with TBMP if that's alright with Mero, just to cut down on pack complications. After Shining Sun died the enmity between her and Red Falcon would be gone. I would like to keep her pup, whom I intended to be alpha of TLVP.

So, my characters...hm..poor things, I hate to get rid of them but for the sake of transition..
I think i'll only keep:
Silver Leaf (TBMP, This is open to discussion. I just remember having fun RPing him with Dusk Owl and it'd be interesting to see both of them old..if you want to continue that, Firestorm.)
Night Star (TBMP, was to be a pup of Red Falcon and Blaze, along with Owl Feathers and Flash Fire. For the sake of the fewer characters while this thing is restarting, something happened to her twin. It's unlikely i'll make him show up, but just in case, he'll be missing. )
Fire Hawk (TLVP, Shining Sun's pup)

This leaves me with no TSRC/TTPP characters so..i'll likely make one for that.

..I think that just about covers it for my characters...
HI EVERYONE XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 22, 2011 4:31 pm

I was actually hoping that TLVP might merge with TSRC, just to keep things even. Smile

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Ahh...I missed a post. I saw that Merc said the spirits of TTPP and TBMP were...not getting along, but I didn't see the mention that the two packs should work together anyway.
Ok. Well. Nevermind then. Merging those two is fine by me, adds a bit of extra background emotion for my characters.

What about your opinion on Silver Leaf/Dusk Owl? It was those two we'd been roleplaying, ages ago, right? XD

If so, i'll have Silver Leaf and Night Star in TBMP and Fire Hawk in TSRC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 22, 2011 5:34 pm

Alright then. I'll make note of that merger. Smile That'll help reduce the complexity of the RP and the website. Smile

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Oh good. Razz

Do we want this new RP to have a distinct plot? Because if so, that should probably be higher priority for discussion than who has which characters still (not to say that isn't important, of course.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Well don't fill yourself up with characters too much. Avadedra is working on the second half of the new plot... As you may have noticed we now have a section for cougar profiles...

Yeeesss.. a new challenge for the packs. devil

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Reminds me a tiny bit of the black blood alliance.

Very Happy Yay. KITTIES! XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 22, 2011 10:39 pm

FaunaMyth wrote:
Reminds me a tiny bit of the black blood alliance.

Well, when you think about it, in this particular ecosystem (I think TBMS was set to take place somewhere in what is now Colorado? I think, don't quote me on that) the wolf is an apex predator, which means that most ecosystems go out of whack when they aren't around. (elk overgraze certain areas, disease runs rampant, etc etc) and (at least in Colorado) The only other two real threats to wolves would be cougars and bears.

And we're not exactly the same! Very Happy BBA had saber toofs. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Didn't say it didn't make sense, it does. And we don't have...we...most anything else plot-essential to the BBA.
Just caught my attention is all, there aren't THAT many forums that i've seen with wolves/cougars.

I'm just looking forward to RPing a wildcat at some point. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 22, 2011 10:46 pm

yeeesssss, the wildcats will be fun... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sun May 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Oh my goodness... >__>

Don't get too overly excited yet, y'all. I'm still in the basic planning stages of the Cougars, because I'm still creating Hissper. XD It's nice to see that you're interested, though. =^__^= Does my little heart some good, yes it does~! <3

EGO diligo vos per totus meus pectus pectoris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/avasaddiction
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Mon May 23, 2011 7:57 am

Quote :
Firestorm: Kotie, I don't see why it'd be a big deal for you to reintroduce your character as having joined around this time. That way you don't have to go through the trouble of reinventing him.

Well Firestorm, I have been right now in the background of the wolf storyline, As i have only one char, or well two right now. Only uncertain about their age.

For reintroducing him and the pup, I need to know their age. So that I can build on that. Making him not aged at all, would feel so wrong, against all the others, who are working on it.

For now i could only play in the past, or as an eldery wolf in the current time line (Got lucky that i have my post as backup, you deleted in the TTPP. It's up to Mercury, if she wants to play it with Shifting Winds. If she wants it, i can repost it in an instance.

Meoquanee
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Tue May 24, 2011 12:36 pm

Mercury, are Falling Snow and Wind Feather going to be mates still? I'd like it if they were :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Thu May 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Heyhey!

Falling Snow and Wind Feather can totally be mates Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Thu May 26, 2011 10:46 pm

Merc, could I ask you to keep an eye on Zeroki's and my thread in Legends of an Age? We may need Snakebite pretty soon. Smile

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   Sat May 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Okay, continuing with suggestions x3
I think we need a new system for Profiles. One that I have seen that works quite well is to have individual Profile posts for each character. Now, I know we've been against this before but hear me out before you say 'nay'. In another forum I frequent, they have a section for New Profiles where..well..new profiles are submitted to be approved by staff. When they're approved they get moved to the appropriate section in the Accepted Profiles forum that that profile would belong. For example, a player submits a profile for a new Swift River character under New Profiles. When the profile is accepted by a Staff member the profile gets moved to a forum titled 'Accepted Swift River Clan'. It works best on Proboards because they have the subforum feature, but we could have a separate category specifically for Profiles with the appropriate forums within (New Profiles, Accepted Black Mountain Pack, Accepted Swift River Clan, Accepted Cougars...etc) After reviewing it lately I really dislike how my character profile thread looks. It looks cluttered and tacky and I have to read each profile specifically to find the character I need. This way, all you have to do to find a profile is navigate to the proper forum and look for the title that marks that character (Basically, just title the post 'Joeshmoe of The Black Mountain Pack).

Second suggestion. We need to specify more in In Character Rules. We have covered the OOC rules but if a new player comes and and reads them...well there's nothing declaring that the characters here have to be semi-realistic. Someone could create a purple wolf with wings and firepower because we have nothing saying against it. Of course it would not be accepted, but placing the rule there to see in the first place could save a lot of trouble. We need to also specify that even though we have the Spiritual rankings, these characters actually have no real powers that can affect other wolves. They speak with the spirit world only and that's it, know what I mean? Again, someone new could come in and say,"Ohh, my character could be a Spiritual and control spirits and command them to destroy other wolves!" when such is not true. :3 I just think we need to be more specific and more informational when it comes to rules and guidelines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.   

Back to top Go down

REVIVAL IDEAS THREAD: Where to go from here.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next