The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Schooling begins...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:28 pm

Little Creek laughed. "Its the sun, its makes me sleepy. Besides, i've nothing else to do except watch pup until her lesson, which should be soon. Do you want to sit out of hunting lessons for right now? I doubt Crow Tears will have either of you hunting actual creatures today anyway." She then let out a fairly soft summoning howl for the Beta, to let him know she and the pups were awake and that it was time for hunting lessons.

Pup wagged tail and decided to find out what sort of stuff the heiress had to learn. "Hey SunSpot, what was your lesson about?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:41 pm

"Really?" Sunspot yipped, more than happy to get out of MORE lessons... Her excitement was short lived as her aunt called out for Crow Tears. Awwww.... she wanted to play...

The pup looked round to her sister, her smile returning as pride flushed through the heiress yet again. "Mom taught me about where our borders are! And said we should never cross them... It's dangerous!" She said, strutting past Pup, "And she told me why we only hunt young, old or weak pray..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:04 pm

Pup smilied at how happy her sister was. "Don't worry SunSpot, i'm sure Crow Tears'll let us play a bit!" she listened to her sister talk and said "Sounds like you learned a lot SunSpot...let's play!" She leaped from one side to another, mimicking the unpredictable running of a rabbit before playfully pouncing on her sister.

Little Creek laughed at the pup's antics while waiting for Crow Tears to reappear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:29 pm

"Hmm?" Slow to attention, Sunspot quickly found herself on the ground, the green eyes of Pup looking down at her. Growling as she pawed at her sister, trying to get herself up and a better paw at the game, Sunspot relished at having the time to play again.

A soft chuckle uttered as the grey toned male rejoined the royal family, stepping from the bushes where he had disappeared a short while ago... His eyes flickered up from the children to Little Creek, "I take it, it's my turn to take them..?" he asked with a small smirk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:34 pm

Pup grinned, and moved a paw enough to make it look like her sister had done it and gotten herself up.

Little Creek smilied. "Yes...maybe after they can play for a bit. SunSpot was looking forward to it apparently. Pup pinned her after she started flaunting her newly learned knowledge. " She watched the pups tumble and play. "They could use a break, but then a good lesson. SunSpot wasn't looking forward to hunting lessons, but as long as she starts off without a real animal she should be fine."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:49 pm

"Fair enough. I think the play time could be good for all..." He replied, nodding towards the tumbling pups.
Sunspot growled as she rolled with her sister after taking advantage of Pup's move, quickly getting herself up and launching back into Pup, tumbling both to the ground again...soft bites snapped out aiming to grab, but not hurt...
Crow Tears smiled as he moved around to the safer side, where Little Creek lay, "...Perhaps you would assist on the theory and hunting rules with me then? I'm sure the Alpha wouldn't object..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Pup laughed as her sister launched herself at her and batted at SunSpot with her paws as she tugged on her ear softly. Playful growls came from her stomach as she tried to get the upper paw in their playfight.

With a smiled, her eyes never moving from the pups, Little Creek nodded. "Of course. I'd be glad to help....and you're right. The Alphess wouldn't object...not as long as it was her Beta Crow Tear's idea." There was a hint of irony in her words, as she didn't think Crow Tears was as much Shining Sun's devoted Beta as her sister thought she was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:18 pm

"Good. That way, you can make sure, the pups heads are not being filled with nonsense..." Crow Tears said softly, suppressing a smile at his joke.

Sunspot moved her head to bit Pup's nose, hoping to get her to let go of her ear, while having her paws wrapped around her sister... determined not to get pinned again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:16 pm

Little Creek laughed, a light, happy laugh. "Of course, Beta." A smile was still on her face. "However, you might want to begin the lesson. It looks like they might be playing a bit rough."

Pup yipped in surprise, but not pain. She gladly let go of the soft hold she had, and shook her head as her nose got nipped. Her paws pushed her sister away and with a happy smile she continued their play fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:00 pm

Crow Tears nodded and stepped towards the pups, "Come you two. We should continue learning..."

Sunspot faulted when her sister yelped, giving Pup the gap she needed to get the paw up in the play fight, pausing when addressed by the Beta.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:33 pm

Pup leaped at her sister when she got the chance, but quickly got off at the Beta's words.
"Ok Crow Tears!" She bounded over and sat at the Beta's paws looking up at him with her tail wagging and tongue hanging out.

Little Creek chuckled at the sight of her niece's eagerness to learn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Sun May 10, 2009 4:02 pm

"OOUMPH!" Sunspot shook her head as Pup knocked her down again, pouting over the sudden ending and to her sister winning... No matter. She'd get her next time...

The gray toned Beta couldn't help but laugh at Pup's enthusiasm. His dark tear markings crinkled as blue eyes shone. Pup was like a perfect student.

Sunspot quickly joined her sister's side in a short bound, plonking her pale tan butt with a soft thud.

"Right, you two..." CrowTears began, lifting one of his large paws to roughly scratch out a crude image into the soft ground of the areas around the territory, "Please tell me where we can find our largest prey and what it is?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Mon May 11, 2009 7:58 pm

After giving it a moment of thought,Pup was quiet, and looked at her sister, hoping she'd answer first. She had noticed her sister looked a little annoyed at having lost, and she wanted to give her a chance to shine. Inwardly, she was thinking C'mon SunSpot! Deer? In the meadows?" Pup was fairly certain those were the answers, but not completely. Even so, she remained silent.

Little Creek softly padded away to lay down in the shade of a nearby tree to watch the lesson without interrupting. A smile came to her face as she heard the Beta laugh at their eagerness.
[i]Good luck pups.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Wed May 20, 2009 7:05 pm

CrowTears watched, his blue gentle eyes watched as Pup looked to SunSpot, who fidgeted with her paws as she tried to think hard, wanting to be right, and feeling that her sister probably knew already...
"Um, it's the moose, that feed near the river..." she answered, a bit unsure if those were the biggest prey, but knew they did frequent the pack's lands. Her eyes flickered to Pup and to her aunt, hoping one would give a clue if she was right or not.
The gray male only nodded, then looked to Pup, waiting for her answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Thu May 21, 2009 8:11 pm

Pup tilted her head, she'd forgotten about the moose. Even so, she went through what she knew of the territory in thought before answering, even though she kept the same answer. "I'm not sure...but is it the bigger deer that feed in the meadows?" She had thought about the moose as an answer, but decided their antlers made them too difficult to hunt. Even so, she wasn't sure but part of her still wanted her sister to do well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:43 am

Both pups would be right... The giant deer and moose were both a regular meal for the pack, and neither were easy to take down.
Thought the great heard of bison that passed through the territory in autumn were by far the largest, they were also seasonal and not as regular as the deer and moose.
"Both of you are right, children." CrowTears announced, "I asked for the largest... and both moose and giant deer are equal in size. Neither are easy to bring down. The moose will fight with his antlers, while the deer are fast and take many of the pack to run down..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:59 pm

Pup smiled and wagged her tail, first at CrowTears then her sister.
"Good job SunSpot! Although I think you're answer was better...moose antlers seem more dangerous"

Little Creek smiled at Pup's encouragement of her sister, and of CrowTear's response, true but allowing for no sibling rivalry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schooling begins...   

Back to top Go down

Schooling begins...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2