The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Constellations (FS only for now)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Constellations (FS only for now)   Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:43 pm

ooc: Firestorm, could you bring in Dusk Owl? I would like this to be another friendship thread between them.

It was a clear night, and the stars shone beautifully in the midnight sky. The few trees were silhouettes on the landscape.
Red Falcon slept peacefully and happily, dreams of her future family in her head, beside Blaze.

Silver Leaf couldn't sleep. He eventually gave up trying and stood up softly from where he had lay not too far away from his adopted parents.
He glanced at them and chuckled softly, he remembered when they denied they felt anything for the other. Thank the gods she'd told Blaze how she felt.
He padded softly away from the rest of the pack, his footsteps one of the few sounds heard. He lay down and rolled onto his back. It wasn't comfortable, but it was the most comfortable position he knew to look at the stars.
He looked at them, in the wide, black expanse of sky above him, and sighed.
He never got a chance to, but decided he would try finding shapes in the stars, as he had found a few times with clouds.
He murmured to himself every time he found one, a paw print, a tree, or anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Constellations (FS only for now)   Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:27 am

Dusk Owl tried to hold her nose a little higher than normal while she walked. She wondered how long Ebon Star and the other alphas would choose to rest in this place. She tried to avoid the scents of ash and smoke that still lingered even months after the great fire, for those brought up painful memories the young legend wished she could forget.

She winced occasionally as the charred bones of some unlucky creature caught her eye, an unfortunate soul who simply had not been fast enough to outrun the fire. So eager to avoid looking down was she that she tripped over something in her path. It was a body... warm and soft. One of her packmates?

She turned around and looked down, only to smile when she recognized the face in the darkness. "Silver Leaf!" she yipped, "What are you doing up?" In such a dismal place, any familiarity and comfort was welcome for the she-wolf, and Silver Leaf brought a lot of it.

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Constellations (FS only for now)   Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:13 pm

Silver Leaf had, unfortunately, been drfiting off so yelped when he was suddenly tripped over. About to jump up and yell at whoever it was, he calmed down when he saw it was just Dusk Owl.
With a slight grin he looked up at her. "Hey Dusk Owl. You should watch where you're going a bit more!" His smile showed he was just teasing her.
"I was just looking at the stars, i couldn't sleep. What about you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Constellations (FS only for now)   Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Dusk Owl should have guessed. When not busy, it seemed her friend was always lost in the clouds or the stars. It was a little bit endearing, reminding her a bit of her father's stories of her mother.

"I couldn't sleep either," she admitted, "Everything around here is so... dead... I've been trying to find something worth remembering... So far... nothing." She sighed and turned her eyes upward. "I used to feel so safe living in the Black Mountain's shadow," she mused, "I thought... as long as the mountain stood, nothing bad could get to us. Now... It doesn't feel so safe anymore. There's something... ominous... almost evil about it."

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Constellations (FS only for now)   Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:07 am

Silver Leaf nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it's dull. But we'll be away from here soon hopefully. "
He sat up and gave her a slight reassuring nudge with his head.
"The Black Mountains couldn't protect us forever. Nothing can, i learned that as a pup. But it'll be alright Dusk Owl, you'll see."
He smiled, trying to lift her spirits. He didn't like his friend thinking about such unpleasent thoughs, and would do his best to make her feel happier.

He turned his head for a moment and glanced at the stars. "However far off they seem, I find it calming to look at the stars, their simplicity...and beauty. I guess alot of wolves don't notice it...but i think sometimes the amazing things are in the little things around us. " He chuckled before looking back at her, recalling memories of his adopted family, and remembered she probably would notice the little things, and appreciate them as no one else could, because she would remember every detail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constellations (FS only for now)   

Back to top Go down

Constellations (FS only for now)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1