The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

This Ship, Our Home

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:05 am

Kuyat's mood suddenly got dark as Gattik spilled the hot coffee on him. He had to resist hitting the man and he turned around to see the guy skittering around. Kuyat's mood became darker and hissed at Gattik, "If you spill coffee on me again, I'll be your bad guy."

Kuyat then turned away and proceeded to ignore the man. He focused on trying to help with what he could and offered what help he could with his sand. He knew that he wasn't much help other then possibly hurting the person on the other end. He quickly found out that his sand was just in the way and he turned out and looked at Gattik agian. "Make yourself useful," Kuyat told him. "Help her open the thing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-11-05

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:20 am

"Get me the remote power supply, these circuits are dead." Nikki called over her shoulder. "It's in the main compartment of the cart."

Nikki cut some extra power couplings out of the circuit. "The door is on emergency look down. I can disable the lock, but I don't know if the mechanical opening system will fire."

Gattik put the small power cell down next to her. "Thanks." Nikki muttered, connnecting it directly to the circuitry she had repaired. She flipped the cell on. A click was audible from the conduit door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:14 pm

Laughing Fox

The ship was empty, even the Engineer Gattik had woken up and rushed to join his crewmates, leaving Aleah blissfully alone. Light string music began to waft through the corridors of the Laughing Fox as she monitored the situation on the wrecked ship.

A spike in energy caught her attention. Concerned, she contacted the Captain. Kuyat's Holocomm beeped, and Aleah's avatar (from the neck up) filtered into view before the group.

"Kuyat, there has been an energy surge on the bridge. I cannot say what it is, but at a cursory glance it looks like someone is accessing the ship's logs. I am still detecting no life signs, however."

----

Wreckage

It stood, barely supporting its own weight on the bridge, seeping black oil as it shifted its weight. The crew was gone, the captain was dead. It had tried to protect them, as it was programmed to do, but it failed. The android was old and broken, and would not last much longer.

Even now, it could detect new intruders. Doubtless they wanted to strip this ship of parts. Glancing back at the charred corpses of its former crewmates, the android accessed the computer with its own power supply, and ran the ships internal scanners. The intruders did not seems heavily armed.

It readied a laser rifle that it held at its side, and waited for someone to investigate the bridge, and the energy spike it had created.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer

Number of posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:41 pm

Wreckage
Will looked in the direction of where the quick sound of running feet comes from, then came the person around the corner and it was Gattik the engineer, but what suprised him, was that he wasn’t wearing a pressure suit, or a breathing mask, while all the others are wearing one. “Uhm… Gattik, don’t you need pressure suit or breathing mask? As the air is very thin here.” he asked him.

Will watched further for how they worked on getting the circuit working and the panel to open. Hearing the click, but nothing happening, it seemed that it needs some time to get open.

Then he heard what Aleah said from detecting an energy surge, it could be from where they working on here to open that panel, but that it came from the bridge, that is strange... including for that Aleah is not detecting any life signs up there. Perhaps the ships AI that is doing something? Even this ship is running on emergency power...

“Captain, I think we can better head for the bridge, to see what is up there. If Aleah is right and someone is up there, tempering with the ships logs. While Nikki and Gattik work on opening this panel to see what is inside.”

Lady Taalysin
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-07-05

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:01 pm

Ally heard the click of the panel unlocking, but had no energy to feel stupid for not thinking of the emergency locks. If she weren't so distressed, she may have thought to try that hours ago.
Using what little she had left to her, she pressed her back against the door, using her legs to push against the parallel wall. She could stand this hole no longer. she pushed so hard, she forgot to breath. The door creaked loadly as it was slowly forced open from the inside. As it swung open, hitting those sitting to closely on the outside, Ally fell out. Her vision blurred, then blackened as she slipped back into unconscienceness. seemingly little more heap of bloody, singed black furr. Her handheld computer was still plugged in to the ship, having recorded the whole disaster, and was laying limply in her hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tailsandlore.fantasyboard.net
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:00 am

Nikki shrugged as Will and Kuyat left them for the bridge. It wasn't until after they were gone that she thought about her current lack of protection.

Nikki tried to coerce the door to open again, but nothing happened. She turned to find something to pry it open, when something metal struck her in her back.

Nikki jumped and rolled across the corridor, sliding behind the cart for cover.

"I think she is still alive." Nikki heard Gattik say. She peeked around the cart and say the crumbled form of a cat on the floor. She gingerly approached the figure and checked for a pulse before activating her comm unit. "Aleah, captain. We have an injured person. I'm going to adminster some sedative. Permission to take her to sick bay?" While she waited, Nikki opened her cart and removed a small self-dispensing vial of sedative from it's med kit. She injected it into the injured person.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:03 pm

Kuyat lead the way, all the while keeping his sand ready for the attack. He didn't like the fact that there was at least one person alive on the ship, it really ticked him off more to know that there might be another still alive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Kuyat didn’t answered Will’s question and just ran off in the direction to the bridge. The only thing he saw, was that his face expression was not set to happy for hearing that there is still someone else alive onboard.
So without hesitation he followed the captain and stick close to him, weapon ready to fire when needed and he looked behind him from time to time to cover his back and didn’t spoke to the captain all the way.

The way how the captain just acted, made him wonder for why he didn’t liked that news. Perhaps that it comes from that it means that they can’t salvage the ship so long one is still alive? For Will it was some good news, that there was another one alive, as perhaps that person can tell him for what happened to the ship.

After a short running through the corridors of the ship they arrived at the doors that give them access to the bridge. Only these doors weren’t looking really normal, as there are blasting marks on it, so also on the control panel next to the door. What also is visible on the doors is that it is has been forced open, for having dents in the middle of it.

“For what ever is on the bridge captain, I think it shall keep an eye on this door for when it opens. I advise extreme caution for opening it.” Will said to the captain. He stepped to the right side near the control panel and looked at it. He saw that it was totally fried, no way to open it with that, so it has to be done manually by pulling the doors open. “Captain, we need to pull the doors open to get inside.” He said as he placed his weapon on his back and got ready to pull it open on his side and the captain on the other side.

The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:37 pm

Kuyat nodded, aknowledging what Will said about taking caution. He got on the other side of the door, and started trying to open it. "I'd use the door as a shield, Will."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the sucky post....brain fart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:52 am

‘Use the door as a shield’ echoed it in Will’s mind. That was a great idea! And Will gave him a nod in acknowledgement. They both started to pull the doors open slightly so that they could peek inside and if needed to fire at what threat ever, without being fully exposed to the one who is on the bridge.

After a few moments of good pulling they created a small gab to look into the room. Both men saw a few charred bodies and the smell that is hanging on the bridge is not pleasant. Further they saw also that the one who is still alive on the bridge, points his laser rifle towards them.

OOC: Don’t bother with that Ru, to make a good post, it takes brain storming and trying to visualise it. Phi, you don’t need to wait for an answer of Kuyat to take the person to sickbay, as he is focused on what is going on at the bridge.

KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:36 pm

Wreckage

The doors slowly opened in a halting fashion that could only be forced entry. The mechanical husk raised his laser rifle a fired, sending a stream of green energy squarely through the doors. Seeing no one rush in, he knelt, still sputtering coolant, and took cover behind one of the burned out terminals.
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:49 am

When no one answered, Nikki shrugged again. "Help me get her on the cart," she said while pulling up on the her shoulders. Gattik picked up her legs and helped Nikki get her on the cart. Something clattered against the floor of the ship.

"It's a computer." Gattik said, picking up and examining the device. "I'll see whats on it."

"Fine, but help me get her to sickbay first." Nikki sighed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:16 pm

Kuyat smiled out of reaction, from the 'attack'. He motioned for Willl to stay where he was, then went inside, using his sand as a defense. Kuyat quickly sought refuge behind something that he couldn't describe anymore. Whatever it was, Kuyat figured, it was scrap now. The 16 year old peeked out from his hiding place, "You, whoever you are, we ain't here to hurt you."

"Infact," Kuyat muttered under his breath. "I can't even claim this damn ship as mine now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:05 am

Wreckage

At response to Kuyat's words the android shifted and sputtered and loosed a long chattering of electronic noise. Clattering to the side of a panel it watched the sifting motion of the sand that the intruder used for defense. It screeched in rage as it loosed another blast of energy, hitting the sands and causing molten glass to drop to the deck but not penetrating far enough to hit anything.

It continued to fire three more bolts, one which hit the panel Kuyat was behind, and two that missed their mark entirely.

Kuyat's holosphere chirped and Aleah's voice filtered through, "I'm detecting weapons fire, and one new lifesign, whats going on Captain?"

----

OOS: The android is more to bring a little action to the thread, don't really need to worry about interacting with it too much. Feel free to show off your combat skills here, you too, Kotie.

Though, a well placed shot in the processor and maybe you could have it refurbished to serve on the Fox (though someone else will have to take it as an character/NPC if you do).
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Will nodded to the unspoken order to stay put, so he gave him cover fire from behind the door, while the captain goes in. As he watched how the android respond with a couple of energy blasts to Kuyat, he self launched salvo of laser blasts from his blaster towards the android. Most of the shots where just nearly missing him and the last one was a direct hit on his blaster.

KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:22 pm

Wreckage

The android quickly dropped his blaster rifle and pulled behind the terminal again. His weapon was was gone. He loosed another volley of electronic noise. He couldn't avenge his crew like this.

Deftly, his ruined metal arm came around and opened his chest panel. Quickly he worked. If he couldn't destroy them with a weapon, he would become the weapon. He bagan chittering in a way that could only be heard as laughter, and gradually stood up. He was shaking badly and twitching, bolts of blue energy arced across his frame. A sure sign that his power cells were about to overload.

----

OOS: Alright guys, not much going on right now. At least two of our members are MIA, but their reasons are easily understandable and we can't fault them on it (Ru and Gild, specifically). Until they get back, there really isn't too much more we can do in this thread.

In the meantime, some other RPs are getting ready to start. It won't be a replacement (for me at least), but it will give something to do until we can continue. Everyone watching, I am very sorry about the whole thing, especially where my own lack of posting has caused a bump in the thread.

We can continue posting in 'A New Universe' thread as well, leaving holes in the story for Ru and Gild to fill in later.

--

Oh, as for the android; Kotie blasted his rifle, so he set himself to self destruct, basically. The blast will not be huge, it will not put a hole in the ship. It will essentially melt the android, while throwing off waves of electricity. That would be bad for Ru and Kotie's characters. If you disable it before that happens, though there won't be any problems.
Back to top Go down
Lady Taalysin
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:44 pm

OOC:
If you disable it I will more then willingly take it on as an npc type character, being from the same ship as Ally i probably know him and have done a bit of maintance on him before. Up to the Cap, but at least that opens up the option.

Btw.. I would post more... but being unconscience make it a little difficult, heh
Back to top Go down
Phiknight
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:07 pm

OOC:Sorry, I was hoping for some more input from other people, but I did intend for you to be awake by now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:44 pm

The old Kuyat surfaced for a moment and he smiled at the android and stood up also. He looked at the robot and grinned, none too kindly. This was a chance to make sure that no one got the ship. But then the thought emerged that it wasn't too bright to stand here and let the ship blow up.

"Aleah," Kuyat answered. "There's a fool of a android here firing at us and is about to blow himself up, that I'm sure of."

He turned and looked at Will, pointing at the Lieutenant, "You get back to the ship, but get the others also." He turned back to the robot- about to be scrap.

He didn't bring his gourd with him, but he had another idea in mind- one that he had never thought to try before. He wondered what would happen, but he had to try.

Kuyat closed his eyes, then ran at the android and stopped just before running into him. The 16 year old, then went to focus on drawing all the energy out of the android. To his surprise, Kuyat found himself taking all the energy from the robot, but it felt like every nerve was on fire. After he took all the energy, he only had enough time to see then he had to let it go. He dropped to the ground and let it out, bringing the ship back to life- for half a moment.

He then forced himself up and looked at the android. Then he went over and grabbed it and dragged it behind him. He figured, that the robot would make a quick buck, but he wondered if it was going to be worth the effort. He started back to the ship, back tracking the path that he first took.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the long wait. I hope that this is okay.....I'll tell you one thing...my guy is gonna be wiped out...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lady Taalysin
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:18 am

As the crew headed back to their ship with Ally in tote, she groaned in her unconscious state. As the bright lights of the Laughing Fox corssed over her she jolted up into a sitting possistion, screaming wildly as hallucinations plagued her. Her mind was flooded with images of her ships attackers, blasts of gunfire takin out people she had come to call friends, and now she saw the crew of the Laughing Fox as those same assailents... trying to kill her. She flailed about, taking swipes and kicks at those around her as a wild beast would, her mind too frazzled to even fight properly.
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:15 am

"You get back to the ship, but get the others also." Kuyat told Will, after that the captain turned back to the android for taking him offline. When Will got the order to leave, so that his superior could fight here alone to against the android, as it was something dangerous and would risk only his life for it, while he could easily go back to the ship with him. This he couldn’t understand and wanted to make an objection of it, but was hushed for it, like the captain knows what he is doing.

He putted his weapon on his back, turned around and sprinted away from the bridge to the others to get them before he leaves the ship. He arrived at the junction, looked to the right and saw that the others where all heading back to the Fox, plus that they are carrying someone. It didn’t took long for him to catch them up and looked at the screaming but unconscious black panther.

“How is she?” asked Will to one of them, while he took off his helmet and walked along with them to the sickbay.

Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:51 pm

Gattik glances back to see will approaching. "Emmm I think that she do be okay. Hehe. Sorry, the thin air on the wreck was getting to me." He blinks a few times and for a moment falters with his wieght load, but manages to regain his balance quickly along with his composure. "We should hurry hurry though. Just in case. Plus I still want to see what I can salvage from the wreck. Must be full of all sorts of electronic goodies to tamper with. Wait... are we missing someone?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:24 am

“The Captain” Will answered to Gattik “He is still onboard the wreck, but shall be here soon, he had to deal a robot. Gattik, this wreck is not getting anywhere any soon, so we don’t need to hurry and there is no other ship around here. Besides we haven’t looked into the ships log of what happened, other then it was attacked. Our first priority is the patient, then the ship.”

Will tabbed on his comlink on his suit, “Aleah, can you come to the sickbay? We are bringing in a black panther.”

The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Mon May 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Kuyat caught up with them, dragging the machine. He hoped that Aleah could do something with it, but then she might not. He noticed that they were bringing in a person, that he thought could do with a rag in her mouth- maybe muffel the screaming. He dumped the robot off after coming back on board The Laughing Fox..

He sat down in the nearest chair, feeling worn out and raised an eyebrow at the screaming woman, "Can I help?" He sort of asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   Sat May 23, 2009 11:23 am

Aleah watched as the crew slowly returned to the ship, along with a dribbling mass of a broken down android, and a young panther girl.

Aleah intoned impartially about the oily mess the android left, "I am not cleaning that up."

---
[I am taking control of Lady Taal's character for this one post. I do not want to, but it seems best, for now]

"Can I help?"

She heard the words swirl about her mind, and tried to answer, but mere stutterings feel from her lips. She teetered forward for a moments, and her eyes rolled back into her head as she slumped to the ground.

---

Aleah's form projected near the Captain's chair.

"My internal scanners are showing that she is in a catatonic state... Captain, I think she should be moved to the sickbay. Its systems will keep her stabalised, but... we will need a real doctor on board, or she may not live."

---
OOS:

Sorry, guys, posting to help keep it moving, especially after all this time. The ship is still salvageable, so you can put tractor beams on it.

Since Lady Taal has not been seen in a long time, her character is being placed in an indefinate suspension (a coma), she can pick the character back up at any time if/when she returns. This is really the only way I can think to keep the RP viable.

We'll need a doctor eventually, but we won't need one with absolute immediacy.

Heres hoping we can keep this going...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Ship, Our Home   

Back to top Go down

This Ship, Our Home
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next