The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

The Journey Begins...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:31 pm

Aspen, having just finished informing the last of The Black Mountain Pack on their soon departure, turned to meet Ebon Star towards the front. She gave a light sigh, gazing around at the huge gathering, and thought of the future as she weaved her way around wolves. The Black Mountain Pack, The Swift River Clan, allies. She could only imagine the tensions that would ensue in the future. Grudges were no doubt held, especially by those who had lost loved ones in the war. At that thought, the new Alpha gave a glance to Sage Ghost. She would be the most dangerous to their new allyship, despite she'd been the one to initiate it, she would certainly feel resentment towards them for the taking of her mate's life.

Sage Ghost informed the last member of the pack of their departure, and paused to look around idly. She'd grown up here and leaving would be just about the hardest thing she'd do. She was about ready to dwell on memories, when the scent of a stranger wafted into her nose. What's this now? There was no telltale scent of Swift River, Black Mountain, or Tall Pines here, just pure wolf. The Elder turned her head to gaze around, searching the crowds, but seeing and smelling only familiarity. Then, movement at the farthest edges and beyond of the gathering, on the opposite side of the river where no fire blazed. Sage Ghost narrowed her eyes and focused, and the figure came in as a white wolf running towards them. Silent Paw? No, this smelled female. Wary, the post-Alpha stalked through the crowd and prepared to meet this stranger when she approached.

SnowTooth, letting his father and mother attend to Snowtail, decided to investigate the wolves he'd never seen or met before. He walked slowly through the crowds and was met by an unfamiliar wolf who informed him they'd be leaving soon. It was a Black Mountain wolf, but he didn't know who. No matter, he'd move along when it was time. Everyone seemed busy, holding a conversation or tending to loved ones' wounds. His gaze swept across a group, and went back again in a mental double take. Who was that golden shewolf? She had a pup at her paws, but he couldn't help but feel a churning in his gut when he looked at the female. She was...well he couldn't deny to himself that she was rather beautiful. Having never felt this kind of emotion before, it was confusing. He had no doubt it was a crush right away, even though he had never seen her, didn't know her name, or even from which pack she was from. Was he about to go introduce himself though? Certainly not, how embarassing that would be! Besides, she was busy. He decided to take a wide berth around the shewolf, forcing himself to look away as he made his way through the crowds (incase nobody caught on, he just fell head over heels for Gold Pine XP ).
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:34 pm

Before her voice would be choked with gleeful, yet high pitched whines; she managed to say: "Mom! Dad!..."

Words, from then on, were futile to produce. Once she caught a glimpse of her parents, SnowTail threw herself to their embrace - a guareenteed package of slobbery licks, wet noses and feverish whimpers - and then some. Joy and relief took root in her heart and grew spontaneously within, whereas the worry and doubt she was dealt with escaped to the shadows of her mind.

Like a flame, however, the height of her euphoria winded down as she became exhausted. Puffing out a sigh, she walked over to her mother's side and sat down beside her, plopping a reclining head onto Bright Feather's shoulder. Rest wouldn't last long, seeing as the packs would be eager to move on - but no matter what length of time, she would spend it here; basking in the presence of her beloved parents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flecksofgreen.livejournal.com

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:14 pm

The tiny pup watched the healer wold run off and return. She looked at the herbs, then to the wolf again. She watched her chew something then plop it a short distance from her. She sniffed at it a bit. Her attention was torn away from the plop by the wolf that had found her. She looked up at her, then to the bit of the paste on her nail. She sniffed at it more before licking it. She made a face and turned her head away, trying to hide from it.

((Not sure how much longer I will have internet access at my home. My dad canceled our subscription to AOL..))
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:05 am

**At FireStorm's urging... lol... I introduce my character and hope for the best. Smile**
---

The wheezing sound in his chest was beginning to concern him, but not so much as the singed area of skin and fur along his right haunch. It had become coated with mud when he'd slipped down the river bank and it ached horribly. He blinked his ash and smoke seared eyes, sneezing lightly as he plodded between the trees.

"All is ash and memory," he thought. "There's nothing left here."

Stopping, the brownish-black wolf scented the air. He half expected to find nothing but the vestiges of the fire in the breeze, but something had changed. He couldn't tell what, but he felt a distinct difference. Dropping his head once more, he forced his legs forward, moving once more toward the river and its source of replenishment.

Cresting a small rise, he stopped, blinking rapidly through his burning eyes. There were wolves all over the place here. His fur prickled as his mind ran quickly, trying to place them, any of them, in his memory. Nothing. Not a face or a scent was familiar. With a sinking heart, he looked around, trying to decide if he should go forward amongst them or turn back before he was seen.

EGO diligo vos per totus meus pectus pectoris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/avasaddiction

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:29 pm

Grey Ash received the message to move out soon through the word of mouth, and relayed it to Gold Pine. "We're moving soon."

Gold Pine thanks Grey Ash before turning back to the small pup, who was denying the meicen any attention. With a slight pout, sh smudged a small bit of it on her mouth, knowing any wolf would have to lock it off to get it away from their nose. She then waited for the final moving signal, deducing she would carry the pup to prevent her walking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:07 pm

((Good news! I will have internet until next Feb!))

The pup was trying to evade the medicine. She whimpered and tried to wipe it off of her muzzle with her paw, but didn't do that well and had to lick it off, whimpering at the taste, deciding to just leave it there, but soon she started to rub her nose into the dirt, trying to get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:14 pm

((I hate to ask this, Kerosene, but would you mind adopting Imara's characters until she returns from... wherever. I swear that girl's going to make me go gray and bald before my time. Razz Do that, and I can make a much better reply than the one that is to come. ))

Stone Fur was glad to see that everyone was getting ready to leave. It meant there wasn't a lot for him to do. Maybe now he could concentrate on looking for Little Doe. He hadn't been able to spend a lot of time with her recently, and he was beginning to miss her.

It was as he reached the outskirts of the camp that a stench hit his nostrils: Freshly-burnt fur and blood. Had they missed someone? A straggler? But... That wasn't possible, was it? Hurridly, he followed the scent until he happened upon the injured wolf. The stranger was unfamiliar to Stone Fur, and he bore no marking or token to indicate that he was from any of the packs. Was he a rogue then?

Stone Fur made his way toward the stranger. "Stop where you are." he commanded, "You'd best not go any further until I can have a look at you." He held himself in a slight dominant posture, but at the same time tried not to appear too aggressive. "My name is Stone Fur." he went on, "I'm a healer."

Dusk Owl smiled softly. "You're a special wolf, Silver Leaf, even if you don't realize it." she whispered. She frowned immediately when she took note of his face, however. "Come on. Let's get you to one of the healers so they can make sure you're alright."

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:59 pm

Silver Leaf looked up at her and shook his head slightly. "No..the healers have more pressing cases then a simple headache Dusk Owl...Its nothing. Really. There is just alot going on..."He was a bit distracted, and still had a headache, but managed a reassuring smile at her, then raised his head as high as he could, and realized something. He really had grown alot...it hadn't been that long ago that if he raised his head he had no hope of looking over another wolf. Now, especially when the fellow wolves were not in a mood to hold their head high, he could see how many were left...It was stunningly few to how many had gone to battle. Then he lowered his head back down and sighed. Maybe he just needed sleep..but only Black Wolf, and maybe the alphas, knew when they'd start their move...and when they could stop to rest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:42 pm

OOC: Of course Smile Also, I'm going to repost and sticky the map I made of the directions their journey is going to go in.

BIC: The new female Alpha awaited at the head of the gathering, staring ahead into the unknown. Who knows what new discoveries was held ahead of them? What strangers they'd meet, what danger they'd face. How many wolves they'd lose to infection, starvation, being too young or too old to make such a journey. She knew infection would be the biggest threat, as the known areas that supplied the herbs the healers needed were obliterated. Suddenly, she didn't feel ready to lead. She wanted to sink back into the crowd, seek out her daddy, and cry on his shoulder as she had as a pup when they'd discovered Grey Hawk. But she couldn't, wouldn't. Aspen had a responsibility now, a mate, and an entire pack and their allies to care for. The shewolf turned her head to look over her shoulder, seeking out Ebon Star to see if he was approaching the front yet.

Red Eagle, upon hearing the news of their moving, felt deflated inside. With dread, she pressed herself to her paws, injured hind leg shaking visibly in pain. It hadn't been so bad when she'd sat, but when she needed to stand and, especially, walk upon it she could feel this journey was going to be hell. Think of just how much more injured others are, though. and at that thought she looked around, seeing a few more in her general area that were worse off than she was. There was one wolf she did not recognize, he seemed to be suffering from an entire missing ear and to top that off the fur and skin all along the top of his back and down his left side and flank was seared off, the skin burnt dark, cracked and bleeding where it wasn't bubbled up with ungodly blisters. She doubted he'd make it too far, and the post-Beta's heart felt as if it just cracked. That wolf had a family, a mother, father, maybe siblings, mate, and children too. She closed her eyes briefly, turning her head back forward and stumbling slightly though she hadn't taken a step. To ease herself for a moment, Red Eagle leaned against her son.
Back to top Go down
Avadedra Hetarra
A Simple Twist of Fate

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:00 pm

He fidgeted his front paws slightly, torn between the desire to flee and the desire to know. The male before him was larger than he, and most likely faster. At the mention of healer, his burned haunch twinged again, forcing him to drop to the ground when he felt he could no longer stand it.

Panting heavily, he looked up at Stone Fur.

"I do not mean to trespass," he said. "I was only passing through, trying to escape the fires devistation."

Shifting himself, he let out a small whimper when the skin of his burn moved.

EGO diligo vos per totus meus pectus pectoris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/avasaddiction
firewaternair
New pack member
New pack member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:35 pm

OOC: sorry I have been away.. I posted about it in yips..I will make a small post for now until I can figure out just where and what all is going on
bic:
Red Doe and Winters walked slowly still mingling with the others.
They did not even speake to each other, both feeling disorinited as well as foolish for thinking that FoxClaw had not made it.

Falling Leaf found her adoptive mother and licked her face lovingly. Happiness filled her eyes with tears as she squeeled,"Mommma".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Tue May 06, 2008 3:43 pm

WaterHawk returned the licks lovingly, forgetting her pains for the moment. At least she now knew Falling Leaf was safe...

The voice of her mate had been heard, though almost lost in the noise of the gathered packs.
"AUTUMN!" she yelled back.
"Come my dear, keep close..." She said, turning back to her pup and motioned for her to walk more to the front where she could keep an eye on her.
"We have to get to Autumn."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   

Back to top Go down

The Journey Begins...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3