The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

The Journey Begins...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:02 pm

OOC: I didn't take much time to read through every post, so ignore any mistakes I make XP.

BIC: Aspen turned her head to Ebon Star, though her ears were rotated to listen to Shifting Winds. In her opinion, all the packs should travel together, but she'd wait for her new mate to speak first.
Sage Ghost battled the thought of her lost mate trying to rise into her mind. Instead, she studied the wolves all around. A pitiful whine carried on the breeze, causing the post-Alpha's ears to rotate towards it before her eyes searched for the owner of the voice. There it was, a small puppy splashing through the shallows, with no parent in sight. She watched the lost pup for a moment longer to see if one caught up, and it did. Relieved that mother and pup were reunited, Sage Ghost closed her eyes briefly before turning her attention to the horizon, away from their old territory.

Coyote watched as Snowtail left his side, mouth quirking but not begging her to return. She needed to find her parents, to be sure they were okay. He would've been the same way if he was in her pawprints. So he stood there patiently, lowering his head to take a much needed refreshing drink from the cold river.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:56 pm

ooc - sorry for taking such an obnoxiously long time to reply. Razz just a note to stellar, i think it'd be best of you had your character take the injured pup to shining skybird. she's the only healer who isn't in the middle of something major. and remember that sometime the pup needs to join up with red eagle. Smile

Red Eagle watched the pack alphas discussing their situation, her face a slack of emotion. She had nothing to say on the matter that no one else had already said. There was no other choice, they had to leave for survival. The only lingering question on her mind was where were they all to go? She closed her eyes tightly for a moment as a wave of pain shot through her right hindleg, that she had just moved so slightly.

Wildflower's ears swiveled upright, a bit in surprise. She hadn't caught on to what Ebon Star was going to suggest like many of the others had. It was a saddening idea ... leaving the land where she had grown up. Where she and Cold Flame had met, where her father had lived all his life ... She was hoping her own line would share this valley territory like herself and her ancestors. At the same time, reason intruded her thoughts. She could feel as sentimental as she wanted about leaving her home, but the fact remained that there was nothing left for them here. Her pale blue eyes turned up to Cold Flame, searching his face to see anything he was feeling because of this decision.

Broken Light listened with a seemingly calmness, but her mind was buzzing with her own worries. "Ebon Star ... how are we going to go through with such a massive evacuation when we have so many critically injured?" Her eyes wandered to Red Eagle. The Beta's blood had congealed so she wasn't suffering any blood loss right now, but there was a tense, tightness in her posture. The poor girl was in pain. "Besides that, the fire has consumed our supply of much-needed healing herbs. No matter where we go, I can't be certain if what we need can be found along the way..."

Bitter Rain sat still like a boulder next to CrystalStream. No emotion could be read on her face, though there was hardly any she was feeling in the first place. The scout could honestly care less if they had to leave their territory so long as the Clan stuck together. Upon looking at the young alpha's face, however, she could see she might be the only one who felt this way. "I know you may feel like you're abandoning your home, but that's not it at all. Your home is travelling with you, CrystalStream, as are your parents, for they are always with you." A small whisper of comfort and the scout turned her head back to the discussion.
Back to top Go down
mightymorphinpowahranger
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:25 am

ooc : have no idear what to type here. and im bored...so im taking a step out of the RP until the wolves get a'movin'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:28 am

THe tiny pup continued to whimper and slowly closed her eyes and slowly reopened them. She wanted to sleep, but she didn't want to fall asleep encase her parents called for her and if she didn't call back, they might leave without her, stranding her there. However, slowly, the pup could no longer resist the urge, she fell into a rather deep sleep, feeling a bit more safe with this strange wolf than any other. Her whimpering slowly ceased, but it would sound now and then when she moved wrong or hurt her paw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:04 am

OOC Ok. Ill have her do so ^^
BIC

Stellar's gold eyes darter around for a healer who wasnt knotted up in something, falling on Shining Skybird. With a quick hop and a bound she bounced up beside the other wolf.

"Excuse me Shining Skybird, Could you come have a look at this pup please....she's been abandoned in the fire it seems." The grey toned flier asked politely, more then a little puffed.

Back with the pup, Gold Pine lay down, anxious for her friends retirn, ears flickin in time to the pups small whimpers. She was worried about who would take her in..but that could be sorted out after she was healed good and proper.
Back to top Go down
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:39 pm

As Shining Skybird was speaking with Howlite, she suddenly found her attention torn away from her beloved and focused on Stellar. Upon hearing there was an injured abandoned pup, she immediately went into Healer mode and quickly turned to Howlite with an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry love...we can talk more when I'm done."

She then looked over to the direction that Stellar had indicated and clearly saw the pup lying at the paws of Gold Pine. With some sense of urgency, Shining Skybird made her way over and lowered her head to get a closer look at the pup. She could visibly see the cuts and the injury to the ear, but she was forced to wake the pup up to make sure there weren't any other injuries that weren't so visible. Not wanting to scare the pup, Shining Skybird gently nudged the pup's side before softly licking her face. The healer's eyes were soft and almost motherly, which would hopefully prevent any more anxiety or stress on the pup.

"Come now, sweetheart, you must wake up. Can you tell me if you feel pain or discomfort anywhere, or at least show me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:20 pm

The tiny pup was sleeping rather soundly this time. She slid to laying on her side, instead of resting against Stellar's paw. She flattened her ears whens he was nudged and then licked. Her eyes bolted open, a bright blue shone as she jumped. She yelped as she put pressure on her paw and fell over, whimpering. She curled up a bit, looking up in fear at the new wolf that appeared to have woken her up. All she could do was whimper, not yet knowing how to speak, since only being about two weeks old, and being abandoned, she had yet to learn really anything aside from walk.
Back to top Go down
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:50 pm

OOC: ALIVE. XD Sorry about not fulfilling my promise Kero; but I got sidetracked by loads of homework.
But anyway...I have two players to address here. Fauna, would you mind bringing in Bright Feather here? And would you, Kage; mind bringing in Cold River? Snowtail needs 'em.

BIC: While at first trying to keep calm and approach this new obstacle with a touch of grace, the more she saw nothing of their fur; heard nothing of their voices, the more such a goal began to wilt in importance. Shoving herself past bodies in a brisk manner, her chest heaved wild breaths and her face adopted that of a creature who had drew in rabies. Her green eyes were inflated, her mouth was agape, and her fur was quivering on end - a portrait of fear. *Mother...father...oh, Gods; where could they be? They couldn't have gone far...* That thought was the only thing she registered that passed through SnowTail's mind, and anything else she heard in her head she dismissed instantly. If anything could describe it definitely, Fear was a belligerent beast that clung feverishly, for it had a chokehold on her heart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flecksofgreen.livejournal.com

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:06 pm

OOC: *softcough* Cold River's mine XD I'll reply after FireStorm does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:43 am

Gold Pine's ears tilted back slightly when the pup yelped, placing a paw beside her so she felt protected. Looking up at the kindly Healer, she commented on what she suspected.

"I think her leg is broken, and a bit of bruising on her ribs perhaps." The young pup-sitter said softly. Stellar sat and watched, as she tended to do, licking her cut paw.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:32 pm

((I kinda' wanted to wait for Zeroki here, but since she's been so busy, I'll go on without her... for now.))

Ebon Star closed his eyes, listening to everyone's thoughts and questions and concerns. "I don't deny the journey will be difficult." he agreed, "However, we face certain doom if we stay here... or at least starvation as winter grows closer. We'll have to carry the injured that can't walk themselves..."

He listened to the debate over in which order the packs should depart. "We should all depart at once." he suggested, "We cannot delay any pack or they could very easily be cut off when the fire reaches the other side of the river. Once we're all out of range of the fire, we can divide up so that we don't overwhelm the resources of any area." He took note of Fire Wind's approving nod at the suggestion. "Further discussion about travelling order can take place once we're out of the fire's range, but for now, I suspect we are all in agreement that we should get going as soon as possible." He cast meaningful glances at those assembled with him.

Giving a heavy sigh, CrystalStream nodded. "For the good of the packs." she agreed. She still didn't feel ready, but right now, she had to put the clan before her own feelings. Ebon Star was right. Time for the leaders' mourning could come later.

"Then unless there is anything else." Ebon Star said, "We should gather the packs and set out immediately..."

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:39 pm

* Red Eagle, silent for much longer than just this gathering, finally spoke up as the meeting was about to come to a close. "Wait, Ebon Star. Please." The Beta, ragged and worn from the battle, found strength to stand while addressing her new alpha. "I wish to resign from my rank as Beta. It's been a good run ... but you must realize that I'm not fit to do it alone, not without White Ash." She deeply inhaled, turning her gaze to her daughter's shocked face. "Wildflower has been pulling my weight around here since her father's death. She knows what she's doing and since you'll need new Betas immediately, I think she and Cold Flame would be a good choice. The decision is ultimately yours, but I am stepping down."

Wildflower stared at her mother in complete shock. She was stepping down ... and wanted her to take her place?! Her mother was not a strong beta and that showed in the last few months. No, the strong beta was her father and her mother was the gentle but firm one. Together they had been a great team, but alone ... well ... she could see why Red Eagle deemed herself 'unfit' to carry the rank any longer. Still, it would be difficult for her to adjust the change in her mother's role. "I ... I ... if you wish me to take her place, Alphas, I'm more than ready."

Bitter Rain no more than glanced at the scene between Red Eagle and the alphas. Did it concern the Clan? No. "We should inform our friends and family of what's going on and move quickly." The Scout turned and walked briskly away, heading toward the large gathering of wolves, golden eyes searching for her own kin.

Last edited by on Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:38 pm

OOC: Well, FS, if you read TBMP site, I suggest waiting no longer than a week before continuing or else we'd get nowhere. We're extremely behind. I am so rp starved x.x

BIC: Aspen nodded in agreement, she suspected this will be a good partnership..her and Ebon Star. So far they've thought the same, though she knew they had the rest of their lives to see. The rust and black she Alpha got to her paws and looked around. Smoke billowed thick and black from their devastated homelands and furious orange tounges of flame licked up over the highest treetops. No..there definately was no going back.
"Ebon Star, I'm going to get a few helpers and pass the news around that we're going to start moving." she said,"I'll meet you at the head of the packs. Sage Ghost, will you accompany me?" the Elder nodded her blood-caked head, her lips twitching where the flesh was gone on the left side of her muzzle, exposing blood-reddened teeth and gums. It was a horrifying sight, but the post-Alpha didn't seem to take notice though in truth the pain was indescribable. The two turned and took off, Aspen's voice audible as she chose Chaser of the Moon, Stone Fur, Blaze, and Red Falcon to spread out and tell the news that they were beginning to move.
Cold River's ears snapped up at the sound of his daughter's voice, and his head lifted to see her hobbling through the crowd as fast as she could. SnowTooth, also, took notice and looked at his father as the Beta's voice bellowed out,"Snowtail!" in a sound of great relief, glad that she was alive. Now, he just needed to know about his dear Bright Feather and Falling Snow.

Last edited by on Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:58 pm

((Erm... One problem Kero. Wildflower's not available yet, for reasons Imara will right above. Wink ))

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:07 pm

OOC: Allright, I'll edit and put someone else
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:49 pm

ooc: OMG Kero i agree with you. I just realized recently how much i've been leaving here and turning to Wajas for lack of anything to do! (yes i know i've gotta fix my Ring post FS >>) Smile i eagerly await seriously starting the RP again!
bic:

Bright Feather heard her mate and daughter and made her way through the wolves as quick as possible to their voices. When she found them she started crying slightly with happiness. "Oh my Cold River..My little SnowTail. Thank goodness we are all alright. I wonder what the alphas have planned now? Eventually i'll have to find Yellow Grass of course..but not yet." She was smiling happily, glad to find most of her family.

Red Falcon heard what she was supposed to do and immidiately began rushing about the wolves telling whoever she met that they were about to begin their move. That the command had been given by Aspen, the new alphess, mate of new alpha Ebon Star.

ooc: short, but i'm busy and brain dead XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nakiasha
Unfamiliar wolf
Unfamiliar wolf

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:01 pm

ooc: I hope it’s okay that I kinda just...jump in. I’ve read all the posts here and am slightly confused as to what’s going on. But I‘m still gonna enter cause it‘s been YEARS since I‘ve rped a wolf. T__T

~ She had been traveling for hours on end through seemingly endless stretches of wilderness when the acrid scent of lingering smoke demanded her attention. Slightly confused but more intrigued, the lone white wolf headed northbound; the direction in which the smell was originating. It wasn’t until the two mile break that Nakiasha pressed her paws hard into the earth and came to a screeching halt. What in the world? The wolfess tilted her head back and dilated her velvety nostrils; taking a deep, lungful breath of air. Yes, not only smoke in the wind but the unmistakable scent of other wolves. Nakia bared her fangs in a soundless snarl. Did she dare encroach upon another pack’s territory? A sudden sound rolled off her tongue in a silvery flutter. She was laughing. Who was she kidding? She was probably already in the packlands and yet no one had confronted her. That is to say...not yet. Maybe these wolves were friendly and invited outsiders onto their turf? Yeah, right. Nakiasha huffed in disbelief and took an energetic bound forward. These dogs better get their welcoming committee together because here she comes!~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fullmoonlullaby.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:42 pm

OOC: That's just fine Smile
Back to top Go down
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:45 am

((I hope its for me the right time to introduce my char, as everyone starts the evacuation of the burning forest.))

A grey, young adult, wolf with a soft white chin that leads to halfway its underbelly, red ear tips, a snow white muzzle and a white tail fluff. This wolf has been travelling all for a quite long time, when he smelled suddenly a burning scent in the air, Indicating that something was burning, but he didn’t saw any smoke in the vicinity. Curious as the young wolf is, he follows the burning scent on a running pace. Running up a hill, the wolf stops abruptly when sees thick black smoke coming from a dense forest that’s burning!

“Darn… “ the wolf said, “The whole forest is on fire!” He gazed against the edge of the burning forest, to see if there is somewhere an opening into the forest without getting burned. Spotting a small river, he followed it with his blue eyes and saw that it led into the forest where the fire had not yet reached it.
Not hesitating, he started to run towards the river entrance of the forest, as it was a logical route to use that path in or out of a burning forest, if there are any wolves left in that forest.

Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:03 pm

OOC: Sorry I haven't been here lately guys, but my college load has proven a worthy adversary for me. Today is the last days of finals so I'll crunch in a post between classes.

Storm Raven smiled sadly, nuzzling her mate, her ears pressing backwards.

"What are we going to do, Cold Mountain? We can't leave him here, can we?"

The huntress looked upon her fallen son with sadness in her eyes. But, for the sadness that she felt, there was some happiness inside her. Night Owl could now be reunited with the family that he had lost long ago, and never truly known.

She looked towards Stone Fur, her calm blue eyes shining with her tears. The huntress inclined her head towards the healer.

"Thank you for being here, Stone Fur. I know it meant a lot to Night Owl to see you before he passed."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Red Moon...how are you holding up?"

The scout shook his head slightly to rid himself of that warm promising sleep.

"I'll be fine, New Dawn. Just tired and sore."

The scout shook his head again, before forcing himself upwards to stand. His legs shook and his muscles protested painfully but he made it up, his stance slightly wider than normal to be sure he could hold himself.

"Where's Autumn?" Red Moon asked New Dawn, looking towards her...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Autumn, who had taken quite a blow to the head from the Black Mountain soldier, Saeros was finally forcing his mind to wake up, coming back to the land of the living.

The world was bright to him, and hurt his eye. Yes, his one eye. Saeros had found it a suitable punishment for the beta to take the sight from his left eye. It had not been something that registered with Autumn immediatly when it happened, but the slash that stretched over his left eyelid was telltale sign enough.

Yes, beta Autumn was alive. Though how useful he would be remained to be seen. It was one thing to not be able to breathe, but to only have half of his sight? Certainly this would affect MudClaw's opinion of him. (Autumn is not aware at the moment that MudClaw is dead. Just to clarify.)

Though, the first thing his working eye looked for was the grey and brown form of his mate. And New Dawn's caramel brown one. And, Red Moon?

He wanted to find them all, and felt his legs twitch in response. The beta grit his teeth, rolling to his chest before slowly moving his legs underneath himself. Like Red Moon, the beta had overexerted himself, and his muscles were protesting against the movement until they could properly heal. Unlike Red Moon, Autumn did not simply shake, he trembled all over. It was taking a tremendous amount of effort for him to move. But then again....

Fighting a wolf with a temper and ferocity to match Autumn's would result in such injuries. Saeros was no ordinary solider. He lived to protect his pack, to fight, and do his job. It was all he knew.

The beta stumbled, trying to discern the smells and sounds of various wolves nearby.

"WaterHawk!"

Autumn yelled, trying desperately to find his mate. He needed to know she was alright.....
Taroq looked upon the sight with almost sad navy blue eyes.

He had not made it in time for the battle. No matter. The younger wolves of the pack had needed to get out of the plains before the fires swept across them. Mirrored Ice stood next to the soldier/scout, taking in the mass of furry bodies, trying to find his parents to no avail. Though he did not seem concerned. Mirrored Ice's face was stoic, and barely moved.

If he couldn't find them though....that would change....

OOC: There, I have replied. See? I'm not completely dead!

Enjoy guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:53 am

(I know how you feel, Zeroki; high school is a pain in the butt...so, here's my little update)

Shifting Winds nodded; "It's decided then?" she asked, "We all should leave at once..." She'd have to tell that to her packmates; her mother and father would not be pleased one bit. They didn't want to leave so soon, since many of their own were having trouble breathing due to the thick smoke in the air...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:53 pm

Shining Skybird watched the pup in concern as she jumped to hide, and then looked up as Gold Pine answered her question. The thought of a broken leg made Shining Skybird nervous; a broken leg was a serious injury, one that usually required the wolf to remain mostly immobile for some time. With the packs preparing to move, the pup would have to merely avoid using her leg, or else have an adult carry her part of the time.

"Unfortunately, there's not much I can do for her leg. The best I can do is give her something that'll help the pain a little, and something that might help boost her body's immune response to heal the leg and prevent infection. Let me see what I can find and I'll come back."

At those words she turned and headed back towards where she had left Howlite and Yanya, looking around urgently for any plants and herbs that she had managed to save. She didn't have much to begin with, and the best case scenario would be that she find some medicine during the journey. After grabbing what she could afford to give the pup, she hurried back over and dropped what she had in her mouth before again picking up a thin, stemmy plant with delicate purple flowers and a weedlike yellow flower. Despite the taste, the healer chewed up the plants without making much of a face, and then spit out a thick dark green paste at the paws of Gold Pine.

"Because she trusts you more than me, I'll need you to get her to eat that. The dosage is for a pup of her size, and the more she eats, the faster and longer the effects will last. If you can get her to do that, then I'll chew up these other herbs and spread them on her cuts, that way they also won't become infected."

New Dawn looked to Red Moon with slight anticipation as he got up onto his paws, half relieved that he could at least walk. Her eyes narrowed in concern and her ears went back slightly in nervousness as he asked about Autumn, and she answered with some hesitation.

"I...I don't know. The last time I saw him was back on the battlefield, but he was lying on the ground...and WaterHawk was with him. I didn't stop to check if he was breathing, I just came to find you..."

At those last words, she heard Autumn yell for WaterHawk, and New Dawn's entire body tensed as she tried to look for him. She had to see him, to see if he was going to be okay.

"Autumn!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:19 am

((Alright... Been slightly more than a week so... Here I go...))

Ebon Star turned and gave an appreciative nod to his new mate before she walked off. He found himself amazed, but not surprised at how she simply stepped up to her new role. Ebon Star had never considered himself a leader, and he knew that he would not have been able to take this position had his mother and father not trained him for it, but Aspen had no formal training whatsoever. She simply... stood up. She did what needed to be done. Perhaps, Ebon Star decided, that was why he had chosen her. He loved her, yes, but her competence, her confidence, her determination... those were the things that had set her apart in his mind. Those were the things that gave him the confidence he had made the right choice.

He was broken out of his reverie by the words of Red Eagle. He turned his gaze to her, letting his eyes flicker between her and Wildflower. "I understand, Red Eagle." he said softly, "The packs will always remember your faithful service to us... That I promise. Go now, and take your place as an elder... Your rest is well-deserved." He gave a smile and nodded his head respectfully.

Now, as the leaders departed to gather the packs, the young alpha turned to face his brother and Wildflower. "Wildflower, I would be proud to have you take your mother's place as beta." he told her, "I don't think she could have made a better choice than you and Cold Flame."

Sage Ghost's oldest son shook his head, however. "Not I, brother." he replied, "Not yet... I will assist Wildflower for the time being, but until such time as we are officially mated, I would not feel right taking that position... I will continue in my soldier's duties for now."

Ebon Star looked surprised to hear what his brother was saying, but he gave a nod. There was no arguing with Cold Flame, even if Ebon Star WAS a far higher rank than he now. He was an almost-perfect fusion of their parents, with Sage Ghost's unflappable determination and duty-driven nature, and Deepening Shadows' quiet confidence and thoughtfulness. In the seasons to come, Ebon Star had no doubt he would be a force with whom to be reckoned.

Fire Wind watched silently before he too finally stood and walked away with Broken Light at his side. "It is done then." he said, his voice soft, thoughtful, "For many generations wolves have warred over the Black Mountain Valley... Now we must leave it. I have no doubt that Ebon Star and the others will find a new home for the pack... But I doubt that you and I will see it." He gazed at his mate. His eyes were both sad, and yet... excited. He wanted to see, to record, to pass on all that was to happen, but at the same time, he was old and weary. He wanted to return to the Mountain in the Sky, to see Blue Star again, to live in peace with all his family, both past and present. It was a bitter-sweet thing.

Stone Fur gave a nod. This had been important to him too. "I was just glad to be able to help in easing his passing." he said softly, "Storm Raven... If you ever need anything... please... don't hesitate to let me know." He turned off to check on the wounded. It looked as if most were going to pull through just fine, but little as he could do, he still wanted to make sure there was nothing further they needed.

Cold Mountain did not answer for awhile. He gazed at the body of the young soldier, laying lifeless on the ground. "I... I don't know." he answered, "Ordinarily he would be given a proper burial, with full honors... But with this fire, that may not be possible... If the packs have to abandon the valley and its surrounding territories, we can't take him with us... It... it may be best to let his body be consumed by the flames with the rest of the forest... Let him be a part of the rebirth that will come after."

Dusk Owl listened and smiled softly when she heard the words of her friend. "That's beautiful, Silver Leaf." she smiled, "It would do him good to see how much you care for his family, even if you did not know him as well as others." Without even thinking she leaned to the side and briefly brushed her muzzle affectionately against his cheek.

CrystalStream watched as BitterRain moved off in search of her kin. The young she-alpha felt sad for her most trusted scout. Because of CrystalStream's situation, BitterRain had not had a chance to mingle with the other pack members yet. She did not realize that the closest thing she had to kin now was her former enemy, Red Eagle. "It's ironic." she said as she went to begin gathering the Clan, "Those closest to family now were once our most bitter enemies..." She was, of course, thinking of her father, Cold Mountain when she said this.

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:45 am

Gold Pine watched as the healer scurried about, reguarding the past she spat at her feet with a tilted ear. "Thank you Shining Skybird, I'll see if she'll cooperate with me long enough for that."

Looking back down at the small, cowering pup, she gently licked her face. "Pup..." She said softly, delicatley using a claw to pick up a small dollop of the paste. "This will help."

She knew the barley aged pup wouldnt understand her, but she put her tone so she wouldnt have needed words if it came to it.

Grey Ash tilted her head at the herbs the healer had brought.
"Shining Skybird, you dont suppose I could put some of those herbs on my paw? It's pretty well diced up." She grinned at the female, a wide, typical wolfish grin, ears layed slightly back, almost appologetically. She knew the healers supplies would be greatly taxed after the devestation of the burnt forest, and didnt wish to press her supplies.[/b]
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:47 pm

Silver Leaf felt her brush his cheek and was surprised, but thought nothing of it. It was a sentimental moment, she was just overwhelmed in the moment, so was he. Tears were dripping slowly out of his eyes, mingling with the water of the river, and the tears others had shed. "Thank you Dusk Owl..." he murmured. He looked down at his reflection below him on the rippling surface of the water. He sighed. So much had been lost...at least his friends and family were still here. But then he heard Red Falcon dash past telling the two of them that the pack was moving. Immidiately he was about to ask her more but she was gone, telling more pack members. Apparently Ebon Star and Aspen were also the new alphas, and Wildflower the Beta! He looked around, a new life was beginning. His adopted mothers generation ruled no longer, but they were still here as guidance and fellow pack members. All the others he had grown up with were taking their positions, many with future or current mates! So much had changed so swiftly. And now the pack was going to begin moving. He closed his eyes for a moment as if trying to pause time. Too much was happening at once...he would be fine, but right now he had a headache.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   

Back to top Go down

The Journey Begins...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next