The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Reuniting (FS only)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Reuniting (FS only)   Thu May 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Shining Sun lay outside the caves, enjoying the sunny day. Pup was snoozing, curled up beside her mothers tail. With a sigh, the alphess of the Light Valley Pack wondered where her mate, Cloudtail, had been. He missed the pups birth...and she hadn't seen him. For now, she simply sat and peacefully closed her eyes to fully appreciate the suns warmth.

ooc :sorry its so short, i was brain dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting (FS only)   Fri May 30, 2008 10:06 pm

"Mother! Mother!" Summer Blizzard trotted eagerly up to the she-alpha, wagging his tail in excitement, "Mother! Father's back! That's why I wasn't at the presentation... I smelled him when the others and me were out playing, so I had to go find him!" He wondered why his siblings hadn't told her of his discovery, but it didn't matter now.

Indeed, at that very moment the brooding male alpha, Cloud Tail, stalked up to her. He gave a nod of acknowledgment, both in greeting and confirming the pup's story. "I apologize for not being present the past few weeks," he said plainly, "Unfortunately, duty must come before any... familial occasion."

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting (FS only)   Fri May 30, 2008 10:24 pm

Shining Sun smiled at her pup, "Of course, what a good nose you have Summer Blizzard, look, Pup is over there. Go play with your sister". Then she turned to Cloud Tail.
"And may i ask what was so important that it drew you away from the birth of your pups Cloud Tail?"

She asked him that with a sharp expression, a bit worried, a bit angry at him for missing their birth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting (FS only)   Fri May 30, 2008 10:45 pm

Summer Blizzard smiled at hearing the praise. He yipped happily and ran over to tackle Pup.

Cloud Tail meanwhile maintained his place. "Rumors at first," he said quietly, not caring to disturb the pups, "They say that there is a great number of wolves coming toward us, from just over the Death Lands. I went to investigate, and found a great number indeed... At least three times the size of our own pack. We must begin preparing immediately for their arrival, whatever it may bring."

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting (FS only)   Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Shining Sun barely kept herself from snarling, then tried to clear her head.
"We will not treat them as enemies, we can't. It is too much of a risk. But we cannot let them overrun us. We must mark our borders strongly, and make sure they stay that way. The first option given to them must be to make their territory around ours. We are a small pack, but strong. But we can't really make any decision until this huge pack or packs arrive. When they do..we will meet with their alphas and prehaps their betas as well. The Great Wolf and the forest spirits...let them be on our side if this turns for the worse."

The proud alphess of the Light Valley Pack watched her pups playing, and hoped these packs would pass them by.

Pup heard what was said, and noticed that her mother merely glanced at her, and looked more at Summer Blizzard. She wondered why, she was too innocent and kind to be jealous, at least not at her very young age. But she didn't understand what was going on...just wondered why her parents looked so troubled. Her thoughts were brief however, and she joyfully yipped and leaped to play and wrestle with her brother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting (FS only)   Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:01 am

A soldier both in former rank and in heart, CloudTail did not like the idea of simply trying to avoid a conflict, but he knew Shining Sun was right, especially when he watched his pups playing together, blissfully unaware of what the future could bring.

"We should begin preparing for any conflict that may arise as well," he told Shining Sun, "We will not be the first to make a move toward war, but if it does come, we will need to be sure that every wolf is in top fighting form, whether they are of soldier rank or not... As for the territory marking, I will take care of that immediately."

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting (FS only)   Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:07 am

"Of course. The soldiers and hunters will be trained, then divided into two groups. If necessary, one group will go out first, another stay behind to help protect any who remain, are injured, and the pups. But we must avoid bloodshed at all costs, our pack cannot afford it, and we two cannot afford to put out pups in danger without trying all options." Shining Sun told him. "And yes... do check the borders and markings. Take the east side of our lands. I will patrol the west, with the pups and a select few others as guards, just in case. It must be done regularly by us, Crow Tears, Black Thorn, or someone more than just a pack member."

Then the alphess did something that suprised even her self. She stood and moved so she was close to CloudTail.
"Thank you CloudTail. For everything you've done for me and the pack...For being my fellow alpha of this pack." She murmured in his ear as she nuzzled him slightly.

Then she lay down again, and promptly was pounced on by Pup, who she shook off as she looked at SunSpot. She rested her head on her paws as she watched her first born pup, who already was her mothers favorite, play, as she avoided looking at her mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting (FS only)   Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:57 pm

((I'm going to try to get back into this pack again, Fauna. I can't remember if I'm supposed to play anyone other than Cloudy and Blizzard, but I'll assume this is more recent than it really was, just for the sake of convenience. I'll work in a reason for his absence as well in other posts.))

CloudTail would not smile even as his mate thanked him for everything he'd done. He simply nodded his acknowledgment. "The pack is my life," he said simply, "I will do what I must for them, personal feelings notwithstanding." He lay down beside Shining Sun, watching the pups at play. "Regardless of what happens, I feel that if the multitude should settle nearby, I'll need to keep an eye on them. I won't make any overtures that might be construed as aggressive, but this is something too important to trust to another, reliable as our own soldiers may be."

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting (FS only)   Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:28 pm

Shining Sun tilted her head as she watched her mate, contemplating his words. "Selfless words CloudTail... I made a good choice in my fellow alpha. Pack before self. A good choice in fellow alpha and "she surprised even herself at her spontaneous words "a good choice in father for my pups." Usually that would've been much too familiar for me, but CloudTail had, despite his absense, proved his worth more and more. They would also be a surprise to anyone but her, as she showed no signs so often of caring for anyone but herself...she was just repeating what she knew alphas were supposed to do, not following her own, unrealized, feelings.

Without a glance at their parents words, Pup continued to play with her sister.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reuniting (FS only)   

Back to top Go down

Reuniting (FS only)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The White Ridge Saga :: Alphas ONLY :: The Mountain in the Sky-
Jump to: