The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

The Journey Begins...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: The Journey Begins...   Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:10 pm

(( Exclamation This is essentially a continuation of the previous thread on the old forum. As I don't exactly remember where everyone was, I'll start this just as the meeting between pack leaders begins. All TBMP, TSRC, and TTPP alphas and betas should be in attendance. As for the rest of the members (except future leaders like Wildflower, or previous leaders like Sage Ghost) should go about as they were before. The alphas will call everyone together once the decision is made. Exclamation ))

Ebon Star sat on the edge of the river, watching as the rest of the pack began its period of mourning for those lost in both the foolish war and the fire soon after. He longed to join them, to be able to cry for the loss of his father and so many other valued members of the pack. However, he was alpha now. He could not afford that luxury... yet.

His eyes traveled to each of the wolves who now sat in a circle around him. Aspen, his new mate, sat on his right, while his mother, Sage Ghost, sat on his left. One by one he mentally took a role call, wanting to be sure that all he had requested were in attendance.

CrystalStream sat nearby, though both of her betas were too injured to attend. For that reason, she had requested that Bitter Rain attend with her instead. Right now, she trusted the scout more than anyone else in her pack, save the betas. She knew the reason that this meeting had been called. Everyone did. It was... not something to which she was looking forward. She didn't want to leave her homeland, but she knew there might be no other choice.

Cold Flame had come along with Wildflower, Red Eagle, and Running Wind (who had sworn not to leave his mother alone until he was sure she would be okay). As always, he sat and observed those in the gathering with cool, emotionless eyes. This wasn't his meeting, but he was here as support for Wildflower... Well, there was that, and the fact that Red Eagle had said she wanted to make an announcement that would concern her daughter, meaning that it would, by proxy, affect him as well.

Fire Wind was also in attendance, along with Broken Light. While he was certainly no pack leader, Ebon Star had requested that he attend because of his great age and wisdom. Although he could make no final decisions, any imput he gave would be valued.

This was a day that Fire Wind had hoped he would never live long enough to see. All he had known, all he and his pack had struggled and fought to protect... It was gone. There was no point in staying now, he realized, though it saddened him to admit it. Equally as saddening, however, was something else that he realized... He would not live long enough to see their new home. So the legend now had to face his own decision... Was it worth begining a journey that he could not complete?

Elsewhere...

Stone Fur brushed his muzzle against Storm Raven's neck. Night Owl had fought valiently, he could see, but there was nothing the young healer could do to prevent... prevent his passing. It would be hard for Stone Fur, but Storm Raven had considered Night Owl to be her son... He could not imagine what it would be like to experience the death of one of his own pups. He hoped never to find out. "Night Owl..." he said softly, "We're here... Your family's here for you."

Cold Mountain stood beside her too. His flank brushed reassuringly against that of his mate. He shed few tears, for he had done all of his crying long ago, but in spite of that, it was obvious that it was hard for him to see his mate, and one of his soldiers in pain. Worse was the fact that he had promised he would do his best to protect Night Owl... And he had failed to keep that promise. Was that it then? Was he destined to be a failure at whatever he tried? Was this some kind of... cruel joke of the gods? Why?

Dusk Owl finally managed to pull herself together. She was being selfish again. "C'mon!" she said to her comforter, Silver Leaf, "Let's go see what we can do to help the others. At least then, even when I remember the pain, I'll be able to remember kindness and comfort too."

Last edited by on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/the-black-mountain-saga/index.htm

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:27 pm

A tall, stray, pine tree stands in it's dark green glory in a small medow before an actual forest. It stands perfectly still in the unblowing wind. More (or less) importantly, is the wolf resting on his side underneath the tree itself. It's a pup? Alone? ...No, it's not! He's unusually small; very small in stature. He's not sleeping, but at least very tired from walking a long distance with his short legs. It does make long travels far, as well as longer sprints. His slighty cut paws down help either. It's not hard to tell he's exhausted, nor is it hard to tell he's a small one. So untill they move, or split, or anything else, he's just going to stay put and enjoy the time he has. At least it's not freezing cold.
Back to top Go down
firewaternair
New pack member
New pack member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:40 pm

The pup sitter sat quietly as her friend looked wildly uncomfertable.

Red Doe mourned that which she could not see, smell or touch. Where was he, was he alright, noone would answer her. She watched as the minglling wolves seem to split into groups of who knew who and she also went to her personal group. Her tears had long since stopped falling. She made a solemn promise to herself with unspoken words. "So help me I shall never allow my heart to love again, No wolf can ever fill the spot in my heart for Fox Claw", she thought to herself as she shook away her heartache and held her head a little higher showing her personal rank as pupsitter.

Winters snarled to herself inwardly hoping they did not have to cross her parents homeland again. She watched as her friend moved into the herding wolves of TTPP. She remained just bearly on the outskirts of the others. Yes she was part of the pack, had been since puphood, but this was her place. Along the edge monitoring for rogues or anything that might try to harm the pack. That was her duity, she was one of the few worriors left.

Falling Leaf whimpered softly not being able to tell one wolf from another. She had one of the only wolves she kew close to her, her friend Lead Paw, But what she really wanted was her mother. She heard her calling, but with all the ash and soot in her nose she could not smell her and her voice seemed to drown in the mass of voices that went on around her so she just whimpered softly and tried to stay close to Lead Paw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:09 pm

Yanya watched with a small grin creeping across her muzzle, as Howlite nuzzled Shining Skybird deeply as he wrapped a paw around her, holding her tight. She almost wished that she could find a love like that... But remembered well enough, that bears were different to wolves, when it came to finding a mate.
One day, some big brawny male might find her and woo her. He'd love her for a time, then leave.
A snort of irritation escaped her nose at that thought. She really wished a bear would love like a wolf.
~~~~~~~~~>

"I promised I'd be back..." Howlite whispered into his mate's ear as he held her. He loved her more than he could express in words... The fear and love that drove him to survive, was now overwhelming. Almost frantically, he began licking Shining Skybird's ear.
~~~~~~~~~>

Kerridwen quieted down, having gotten her point across to the others around them. Now simply resorting to glaring daggers at everyone, the ebony and fiery body of the Black Mountain flier lay down next to that of the torn, scarred soldier.
For now, she couldn't care who saw or what would be thought about it. She had nearly lost him...
~~~~~~~~~>

Frantically the gray and brown beta looked around for her pup. New Dawn was safe... But Falling Leaf was still lost among the tangled disorganised tide of mixed packs.
A voice had cried out as WaterHawk had reached New Dawn... Falling Leaf was here... Somewhere...
Her back open and paining greatly, was the least of her concerns right now. She pushed passed a few wolves, head whipping in every direction in search of her pup, "Falling Leaf! Where are you?!"

OOC: Right... continue?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mightymorphinpowahranger
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:33 pm

As other wolves took their divine pleasures in screaming, crying, being sappy and whatnot, Snake Skin simply lied in her patch of grass, a presence of total apathy on all corners of her pretty peach face. She did not smile at the chaos that revolved her and her packmates, but it was not if she disliked it either. These wolves needed a good wake-up call after so many years of suffering from illusions of supposed superiority...yet she was not exempt from this herself. Obviously, seeing as this had affected her as well very painfully, this punishment from the Gods against her disgusting kind was meant for her too...otherwise her back legs would not be black and the flesh in them not unstable. She winced a little in agony as a tingling sensation crawled into the bed of her nerves, intensifying the pain she felt multifold. It felt like someone had taken a knife and repeatedly stabbed at her afflictions, without relent or hesitation to consider what she felt. Her blue eyes quickly scanned the premises, at first trying to seek out a healer she could possibly appeal to - but then repulsion swam up her throat. What was she thinking? There was no way none of these despicable wolves would want to help her - and she did not want any of their dirty paws on her, either...so for now, she tried to swallow down some of the pain and keep a neutral look about her, and focus on other issues...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:53 pm

Stellar stopped, seeing the ring of wolves around Night Owl, Stone Fur amoungst them. She thought it better to wait, give them some privacy, so she sat down then and there, to inspect hreself for burns. her paws where cut, and her tail singed, but nothing major.

---

Gold Pine sat sill, ruby eyes watching the hustle of wolves around her. Looking down at the pup, she she inspected it for hurts, but not touching her, knowing she must be petrified.
Back to top Go down
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:46 pm

Silver Leaf immidiately stepped back and said "Oh, sure! Who do you think we should go to first?" He looked around the crowded pack for any wolves who might need help, then back to Dusk Owl.

ooc: ok, still too short, but i can't think of anything else >>

Last edited by on Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:16 pm

Aspen sat beside Ebon Star at the edge of the river, the cool currents flowing quietly past her and all the mayham of the day. So much had happened in such a short amount of time. So much death and destruction ... but she couldn't let it overwhelm her. Ebon Star was Alpha now and he had chosen her for his mate. The same duties he inherited now rested upon her shoulders equally. Their pack relied on the young pair so much now.

Sage Ghost, to her son's left, sat with her hard expression as rigid as ever. She looked over the gathering group, as she had many times before. But it was her son who'd be making decisions today. The former alpha would just be council for Ebon Star and Aspen.

Red Eagle sat between her son and daughter, needing little support, though now and then she'd lean against Running Wind when she felt the need to. Her cool, tired gaze looked to Ebon Star and Sage Ghost beside him. The lands as they were now ... she had a faint idea of what would be decided at this meeting. This, along with her own personal concerns, made her mind as tired as her body.

Wildflower looked curiously at her mother for a moment, before turning her vision away. What announcement would her mother have that concerned her...? She squirmed a bit in discomfort at a thought ... but there was no way her mother would know ... not yet. So what could it be?

Broken Light sat beside Fire Wind, the same thoughts running through her mind. They couldn't stay here. The land couldn't support their mass numbers ... they had to leave to survive. She was sure this was what the meeting was about. But the healer was old and she had begun to feel her age a while back. She wasn't sure if she and Fire Wind would be making this journey.

Bitter Rain stood beside the Alpha, staring off with her glaring eyes. She had been quite surprised that CrystalStream had requested her presence with her at this meeting. Before she was simply a scout and that was all. Now her input was desired? She had a feeling that the young Alpha would bring some changes to her pack.

ooc - not going to worry about tall antler or dandelion right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:29 pm

The physically patite wolf opens his eyes as he finds it difficult to sleep. He stretches, yawns, flops to his other side, and stretches again. There were a growing number of wolves around, of how many were of his new pack, The Swift River Pack, he is uncertain. As more of a measure out of boredom rather than a lack of a sense of security, he sits up. He does have a slightly dazed look in his eyes. Lack of sleep, and excess running have really started to show thier strain on this little guy. He watches others from the shade of the pine tree he's sitting under.

OOC: Hey, I mostly RP in the present tense, but I know most forums are encouraged to RP in past tense, but that's really difficult now that I'm assimilated to the other way. Is Tense really an issue here at The Black Mountain Saga? I could try harder to try past tense, but there will always be some errors on my half. x_x Sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:37 am

ooc - ..... you know, i never really noticed the tense thing. and it doesn't bother me. and i'm sure it won't bother anyone else, so do what you want with your posts.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:46 am

((Yeah, it really doesn't matter to me either. In fact, from time to time, you'll note that I RP in the first-person past tense (though not on RPs involving this many characters. It's your style, and as long as it's clear that you're putting effort into your post, it's acceptable. So... HAVE FUN!))

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:27 pm

OOC- Done and done! Third person present tense it is! =D
Back to top Go down
firewaternair
New pack member
New pack member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:53 pm

That voice... that heavenly voice. Finally the pup closed her eyes and managed to pinpoint just one voice in the crowd. She did not wait, she did not allow a chance to be held back. She said nothing as she slipped away from the paws near her. Small enough to crouch along the ground and crawl under bellys that hovered mere feet off the ground, the very small teen crept her way toward that voice.

"Mommaaaaaaa", Falling Leaf cried out as she spied the frantic WaterHawk, her own voice shrill splitting the air as she darted the final feet that seperated her from her adoptive parent.

Falling Leaf stoped inches away from her sneezing trying to get her nose clear. In that moment she knew her life would continue the way it had for the last few moons, she knew she would not have to go through being lonely again.

"Momma are you ok", she asked knowing her mother knew she could not tell if she was injured or not with her nostrils so full of ash and debris and her eyes being nearly blind, all she could do was hope for honesty from the wolf she called mother.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeroki
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: "Go Home, Night Owl."   Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:14 pm

Saeros looked towards Kerridwen, helping her with the charged glaring of those who came too close. But as with any creature who had fought a powerful opponent, the torn soldier felt that warm promise of sleep pulling him into another round of slumber. His dark eyes closed as he laid his
head on his paws, his side leaning against Kerridwen's as his mind let him drift into dreamy memories of his long lost pup-hood.

With Night Owl......

Storm Raven tried her best to hold her tears in, but they would have none of it. The muzzle against her neck and her mate next to her seemed of little comfort to the fact that Night Owl was dying and there was nothing they could do to change that.

"Night Owl....We're here... Your family's here for you."

The huntress' ears laid flat against her head before she lowered herself to the ground, her calm blue eyes shimmering while Night Owl's life slipped away from him.

The fallen soldier smiled at Stone Fur's words. He spoke, looking on Storm Raven's silver grey face for strength.

"You guys...all take care of each other. Storm Raven...you and Cold Mountain....start your family. You'll be good parents, I know that much."

Night Owl smiled, at the thought of Storm Raven and Cold Mountain's pups.

"And Cold Mountain, I do not blame you, for my death...Stop blaming yourself....You helped bring us peace, Cold Mountain. Be proud of that...."

Night Owl paused for a moment.

"Besides....you need to take care of Storm Raven for me."

The soldier's glazed eyes turned to Stone Fur. Night Owl could feel his eyes wet, his tears beginning to fall. He would miss them dearly.

"Stone Fur...my friend, my brother....I am sorry to leave....I know it hurts, but don't close off your heart because of this....Silver Feather will need you....And Little Doe...."

His smile seemed somewhat contagious as he used what last few breaths he had.

"Thank you....for being here....."

Storm Raven smiled sadly, her calm blue eyes brimming with tears. Moving forward, she smiled to Night Owl.

"Go home, Night Owl."

The dying soldier smiled before closing his eyes. His body relaxed, and his chest rose a fell only three times before it stopped entirely.
Storm Raven moved forward again and nuzzled the now still body of her adopted son. It was then that the reality truly sunk in.

Night Owl was dead.

OOC: And the abomidable Zeroki is now crying. This is sad. I cried typing my own post. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:07 pm

(ooc) Okay, just so you guys know, I am still here! I'll post with all my characters tomorrow, because right now I am in desperate need of sleep. I worked my first graveyard shift last night, then got about 3 hours of sleep before I had to go to 8 hours of training, and then had to run a half-mile in 3 minutes 40 seconds for my job's fitness test. The good news is that I passed Toast! So yeah, now you guys know I'm not MIA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:20 am

(I'm only going to reply with characters that are needed, which include Fox Claw and Shifting Winds.)

A bit farther off from the packs came a smokey shadow; it was Fox Claw. He had went back to check for missing packmates; his entire family made it out of the fire because of him. Trotting over to Winters and Red Doe, he panted a bit; his coat was now a smokey black where there was once woodsy brown. "...Red Doe?"

Shifting Winds sat a bit from Ebon Star; her being the new Alphess, she had to attend this meeting, not her parents. Looking over at the young Alpha, she grinning slightly; she had been at post longer than he or his mate had. This gave her a boost of confidence...if anything at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:13 am

Shining Skybird enjoyed her cuddle time with Howlite, but reverted back to her usual smiling self when he began to lick at her ears. While he was gone, she felt as though she had changed: although she had tried to maintain her good spirit, the mere thought of possibly losing him had made her more somber than usual. Although the temptation to be happy and constantly smiling boiled at the core of her being, she knew she still had to maintain some sense of professionalism.

"Do you have any injuries I should know about? And did Kerridwen and Saeros make it out okay?"

New Dawn watched WaterHawk leave to continue her search for Falling Leaf, and she suddenly felt torn in two. She desperately wanted to know if Autumn was okay, but at the same time she didn't want to leave Red Moon alone for long. For the moment, her best judgment was to go back to Red Moon and wait for WaterHawk to, hopefully, come back. With that in mind, New Dawn turned and quickly returned to Red Moon's side and gave his scruff a gentle nudge to make sure he was still conscious.

"Red Moon...how are you holding up?"

(ooc) Silent Wind and Sharpclaw are also present, but since there's nothing for them to do, I'm leaving them out of this post. Also, did anyone end up adopting Silent Paw?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:08 pm

OOC: I took 'im under me wing, Heavensgaze, but I don't remember where Kero last left 'im. @-@

BIC: As SnowTail drew herself away from him, she snatched back her warmth and stole away the satisfaction he had drawn from it. All around him, the atmosphere dropped a few degrees, leaving an unpleasant chill to zip up and down his body. He gazed at the young she-wolf, the expression on his face briefly voicing befuddlement and curiosity.

Having somehow spotted this trespass of emotion (since Coyote wasn't known as a wolf who wore his heart on his sleeve, so to speak), SnowTail sheepishly smiled and said: "...Uhm, I'm...sorry...but I just remembered...my parents..." she trailed off then, the corners of her mouth slowly drooping into a frown. Her eyes met a similar, if not the same, outcome. When their eyes met for the first time since the flames engulfed their former home, he had been amazed to find two stars on her face. The beaming radiance he found in her green eyes both excited and calmed him, for while he felt his own heart beat erratically at the sight; he was also relieved to see that she had not lost her soul to the fire like their packlands did. Now, however, he was amazed to find two pits of despair on her face, as the expression in them spoke volumes of fear.

Abruptly, her whole body turned away from him, as she uttered a stern bark: "...I have to find them. I've got no time for a petty lovefest."

Why such an comment from a 3 year old, immature female would EVER affect the mentality of a seasoned 6 year old male, he didn't know. But it stung nevertheless, nearly taking him aback to reveal another face of his hidden feelings: disbelief. *...A...petty lovefest?...* He couldn't comprehend that such rubbish had left her mouth at all. But before he could contemplate her cold nature, she stomped away from him; her acknowledgement with him supposedly finished.

OOC: Mmyeah...I'm not so easily inspired by RP nowadays.

Last edited by on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flecksofgreen.livejournal.com
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:14 pm

Ebon Star sat silent for a time. A feeling of tension permeated the air, eminating from every leader in the circle. "Well... This is it." he thought. Whatever happened from here, he was in charge. It was his responsibility to lead the pack.

"I think we all know why this gathering was called." he said, finally breaking the silence, "Our packs have all suffered a terrible blow. Between our pointless warring and the fire, our numbers have been devastated, and still more are injured and weak. Others have been hit especially hard by the recent loss of their loved ones, whether friends or family." A tear dripped from his flaming eyes, but he shook it away. No... Now was not the time to let emotion take hold. "It is up to us to lead our packs now." he went on, "I know most of us have only recently been given our positions, and not all of us under the best of circumstances..." He cast a meaningful glance at CrystalStream. "But we cannot let that deter us. Our packs are going to be counting on us, now more than ever. And so a decision is before us.. Fire even now ravages our homelands. What prey are not killed by these devastating flames will be driven off for lack of food and water. Indeed, it is only a matter of itme before the flames overtake the other side of the river as well, cutting off any chance we have of escape."

In spite of his calm voice, Ebon Star felt petrified down to his very core at this situation. Nothing his parents could have taught him could have prepared him for this task. He was, for all intents and purposes, on his own. "We must abandon the Black Mountain Valley, and all surrounding territories." he said at last, "We must find new lands, where our packs can live together in peace and safety... The only question is where we go... and how."

Fire Wind gave a nod, understanding what the younger wolf was saying. "This many wolves cannot travel together." he agreed, "We would quickly overwhelm any food supply we may encounter. However, we also cannot afford to delay any one pack for too long, or to let our packs become so far apart they can no longer guide and protect each other." He knew all of the old legends, but an exodus on this massive scale was unheard of even in the tallest of tales, and for a very good reason. It would be nearly impossible for this to work. Disease, starvation, lack of water, still-fresh tensions between the packs, and a number of other obsticles would stand in their way. Nevertheless, he knew that the packs would definitely be doomed if they stayed.

CrystalStream closed her eyes. "If the packs are to go seperately, then I would suggest that the Black Mountain Pack go first." she said thoughtfully, "We were all hurt by the war and the fires, but your pack is by far the largest. You will need more resources than the rest of us.' In all honesty, CrystalStream left something out. She wasn't ready to leave... Not yet... She knew it was necessary, but she just... couldn't make herself call for it so soon.

Elsewhere...

Stone Fur listened carefully to Night Owl's words. He found it somewhat surprising that the soldier had known of his feelings for Little Doe. He hadn't told anyone in the pack, even her. Perhaps it was some special revelation from Black Wolf to comfort Night Owl and those around him in his final moments. That is the thought which made Stone Fur smile. As Night Owl breathed his last, the young healer leaned down and nuzzled him gently. "Go, Night Owl." he whispered, "May Black Wolf welcome you home with open paws... Be at peace, my brother."

Cold Mountain was grateful that Night Owl didn't blame him, but he wasn't certain he could stop blaming himself. Cold Mountain prided himself on being one to keep his promises, especially those to the ones he loved. Perhaps, in time, the hurt would fade. For now, however, he needed time to mourn. He had been deprived of that when his mate had been killed, and it had been that which had led him down a path to destruction. He couldn't take that risk again. "Your name will be honored, Night Owl." he promised, "And do not worry for Storm Raven." He nuzzled his mate, "She is in my care now."

It was in these last, tender moments that Dusk Owl approached with Silver Leaf by her side. At first, the young Legend wanted to make herself look away. She didn't know if she wanted to see more death, more suffering, more pain, but something stopped her.

She could see pain, certainly, but there was more... There was a tenderness and love here that amazed her, a warmth that seemed to radiate not form the fires aglow around the packs, but from within the hearts of the four, and then the three wolves who stood together, both mourning the passing of a brave soul and yet honoring his name and supporting each other. "The Black Mountain Pack... all of the packs," she said softly to herself, "will find a way to survive. If we can all show the kind of love, support, solidarity in our journey as these show while Night Owl makes his, then no matter the difficulty, we will triumph. As the old stories say, there is no power greater than the love of a wolf; a power so great, not even the gods dare interfere."

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:28 pm

OOC- Hey! Sorry. There's been a lot of RP about new alphas, but none about *which* pack the are alpha for. Nubcakes (like me, for example Very Happy) Are a bit at a loss as for who's who for what. Someone be my angel and clear it up for me plzzzzz! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:02 am

[[Ebon Star and Aspen are the leaders of the Black Mountain Pack. CrystalStream is the leader of the Swift River Clan... I haven't kept up enough with the Tall Pines Pack to tell you a whole lot about them. Sorry.))

Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:16 pm

(Firestorm: Shifting Winds is the new Alphess of TTPP; her parents stepped down, and she won't be taking on a mate anytime soon.)

The new Alphess of the Tall Pines Pack, Shifting Winds, looking at CrystalStream and Ebon Star closely; hearing his words, she figured that he was speaking the truth. Hearing of the idea to have each pack leave one by one, she decided to speak up:

"Ebon Star," she said, her voice sharp and clear, "If I may say...if the packs are to leave one by one...I volunteer our pack to go last. Ours in smaller than either Black Mountain or Swift River; two of ours isn't even close to one of yours. We will leave last, as to not burden your resources."

She nodded, indicating that she had finished and looked up towards him.

"Most of my pack is healthy; I cannot recall any casualties from either battle or by fire...if you need guards to hunters to help your weak, let me know. It is our duty to serve; after all, you are our allies."

She then turned to CrystalStream. She pitied the poor girl; now an orphan and leading a crew of wolves much older than even herself.

"Our aid will also go to you, CrystalStream," she told her, "It is not in the nature of our pack to withhold aid to those in such desperate need."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:35 pm

Silver Leaf looked at Dusk Owl. Her words were so moving. Then he turned his eyes to the near dead Night Owl. He didn't move any closer but said "I know i didn't know you as well as some Night Owl, but i know you were an honorable fighter, and i know you will always watch over our Beta and his mate.. We will never forget you here when you watch us in the Mountain in the Sky." He hoped he wasn't supposed to have just stayed quiet or anything...and that his words helped.

Bright Feather had seen her daughter with Coyote and when she saw her so rudely leave him she walked over and said sharply, although it wasn't her nature. "Snowtail! Get back over there! Your father and I are fine.." Her voice softened. "I think you'd rather spend time with Coyote at the moment." She smiled, and nudged her daughter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:19 pm

StellarGazing wrote:
Gold Pine sat sill, ruby eyes watching the hustle of wolves around her. Looking down at the pup, she she inspected it for hurts, but not touching her, knowing she must be petrified.

The tiny pup was shivering slightly at Gold Pine's paws. Her fur was singed and there were some cuts on her. Blood had clotted on her ear from the time she had got it til now. Her legs were sore. As she sat, her right paw was held up. She jumped a little to lay down, leaning gently on the wolf's larger paw. She whimpered a little as she put her head on the paw, specs of white visible on her underside.

((OOC: Sorry for not posting.. I got caught up with other things..))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:09 pm

Grey Ash kept her head bowed, but the need for a healer to see the pup pushed urgently at her mind.Still, she sat, and waited until they had mourned properly.

Gold Pine looked down as the small pup leant against her, whimpering.

"I wish Grey Ash would hurry up with fiinding you a healer young one!" She said, red eyes kind. The small one was in pain, and not in to good a shape. Where she had come from was unknown, but would be helpful if she could find a parent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins...   

Back to top Go down

The Journey Begins...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next