The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Pensive

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Fri May 23, 2008 10:48 am

CrystalStream giggled when the butterfly caused her friend to leap backward. "What's the matter," she asked teasingly, "Did it scare you?" She giggled some more as she caught up to him.

She wasn't sure what it was, but she felt more at ease around him... moreso than around the rest of the pack. Silver Leaf was a constant factor, a constant in this unpredictable journey. For that alone, she was grateful to him.

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Fri May 23, 2008 5:53 pm

Silver Leaf paused and said "No. It's just...my first memory of hunting was when Red Falcon took me and Blaze hunting back home. She taught us how to catch a butterfly without harming it. It's...a very nice memory. " He paused, staring at the ground.

He couldn't look at her and say that so calmly, without feeling like telling her that every moment he spent with her was a very n ice memory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Tue May 27, 2008 10:20 am

Dusk Owl tilted her head curiously at hearing this. She'd known he enjoyed hunting with Red Falcon and Blaze. It was one of the things he often talked about, but she'd never heard about the butterfly. She became so embroiled in watching it that she didn't even notice him staring at the ground

"How can you do that?" she asked, "Butterflies are so small and delicate... They say you can ruin their wings even with a misdirected sneeze."

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Tue May 27, 2008 5:14 pm

He grinned. "They say that? Well, it's probably true, but Red Falcon's an amazing hunter. She's got some amazing tricks...here, lets see if i remember. "

Stealthily and swiftly he crept until he was where the butterfly had landed. Carefully but quickly he lunged at it, and managed to gently push it and pin it to the ground with one paw.
"Dusk Owl! Look, i caught it!" He called, careful to not kill it. Softly, then he murmured to the butterfly "You will be Dark Wing, for like my friend's namesake, you fly like the dark winged owls that come out at dusk. And i caught you, only temporarily, for her. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Thu May 29, 2008 12:38 pm

Dusk Owl trotted over to Silver Leaf. She found herself amazed at how gentle he was with such a fragile creature, a creature that he could easily squash with just a simple, careless shift in his weight.

Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately for Silver Leaf, she also heard what he said. "Oh Silver Leaf," she smiled, "That's so sweet of you." She sidled up next to him, staring down with wondering eyes at the butterfly, "Dark Wing... I like it."

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Thu May 29, 2008 5:05 pm

If a wolf could blush, poor Silver Leaf would've been bright red. He glanced away, embarrassed.

"Oh.. well, um.. i'm glad you like it...." he mumbled. Quickly enough though, his eyes returned to the poor pinned insect. Quietly he said "Be free Dark Wing. " as he lifted up his paw and his eyes followed the small butterfly as it flew up and off into the seemingly endless fields of tall grass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:43 am

Dusk Owl's gaze flowed upward, watching as the butterfly, little "Dark Wing" fluttered off to who knew where. "Sometimes I wish I had wings like that," she admitted, "I'd fly away, let my eyes take in the world around me like no wolf has ever seen it. I'd follow the rivers and weave around the mountains. I'd explore canyons and caves and take in all the beautiful sights the world has to offer." She sighed, imagining all the adventure a young wolf like her could find out there.

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:58 pm

Silver Leaf grinned. "Sounds beautiful, makes me wish the same. I bet Red Falcon's seen alot...she's traveled a lot. But Not froma birds-eye view. Sometimes i try to imagine where she's been...i never can."

He smiled at her, picturing in his head her as a bird flying over a riverm through the forest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   

Back to top Go down

Pensive
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The White Ridge Saga :: Alphas ONLY :: The Mountain in the Sky-
Jump to: