The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Pensive

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Pensive   Fri May 09, 2008 6:54 pm

ooc: its been frustrating how slow things have been, so i'm trying to get somewhere without really progressing without our admins here. Anyway...All welcome!
bic:

Silver Leaf sat alone by the river. His eyes seemed to look for something among its current, slow but rushing among the small rapids nearby. Were any wolf to look in his eyes, they would see nothing for in his mind Silver Leaf was elsewhere. Between the battle, fire, and move, his spirits were only mildly less cheerful than usual. It had matured the young adult. Even that hadn't taken his mind though. He couldn't figure out why, recently, it had seemed harder to talk to Dusk Owl. He had felt nervous around her too. He felt too embarresed about it to even tell Red Falcon..he probably would eventually, but he wasn't sure.

She hasn't changed! She's the same Dusk Owl, and you're the same Silver Leaf! Its silly feeling like this! Whats wrong with me?!

Frustrated, the wolf struck a paw out and splashed the water, breaking his reflection, the only sound in his serene surroundings..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Mon May 12, 2008 6:50 am

"Whoa, easy bro..."Came a gentle chuckle, "Water doesn't bite."
Howlite had come down for a drink, never imagining to find young Silver Leaf attacking something like the river?

The large wolf slowly approached and sat beside his younger pack-mate. Lowering his head, the soldier gulped down some of the cool liquid before lifting up his head to Silver Leaf.

OOC: Mind if I join? Smile I can step out as soon as Dusk Owl or whoever joins
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Mon May 12, 2008 5:23 pm

ooc: not at all! point of this is kinda for him just to talk to someone besides Red Falcon or Dusk Owl. Besides, i needed something to do while FS is absent >_>' Glad you joined! Very Happy
bic:

Silver Leaf jumped at the voice, his thoughts gone for a moment. As he whipped around and saw who it was, however, he relaxed.
"Oh. Sorry... Hey Howlite. " the young wolf sighed and took a quick drink of water. "Alot....Alot's just been going on recently. " He said, pausing as he thought of what to say, realizing how foolish he must have looked, hitting water.

Slowly thoughts of Dusk Owl crept back. What if she had seen him? She would've thought him so odd. Silver Leaf sighed, glad it hadn't been her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Mon May 12, 2008 6:57 pm

"Yeah. Tell me about it..." Howlite replied, grinning to Silver Leaf as he watched the younger wolf take his drink, "It's been a hard journey mate. The war... fire... losing Deepening Shadows..." At that, the wolf's grin faded a bit. It had been hard...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Mon May 12, 2008 7:03 pm

He nodded. "Yeah..but at least we've got each other! I've got Red Falcon, Blaze...and Dusk Owl. You've got Shining Skybird. and Kerridwen. Of course there's the rest of the pack too. It's not all bad. " Silver Leaf stared once again into the river, at his own reflection in the water. He was trying to decide if he should ask Howlite what he thought about these confusing problems Silver Leaf was having with Dusk Owl. He sighed, Why couldn't things be as happy and simple as they were when he was a pup!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Mon May 12, 2008 7:31 pm

Howlite huffed in amusement. True, they did have their loved ones safe at least... More lucky than some. But if Silver Leaf was so enthusiastic over that, then what else could be bugging him?
"Yeah..." he said, having failed to notice the time Silver Leaf had taken in breathing out Dusk Owl's name, pausing a long moment before asking, "Are you missing home?" He considered that such a thing might be the problem that was showing such deep thought on Silver Leaf's face, taking care not to tread on a nerve as he asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Mon May 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Silver Leaf nodded. "Yeah. I don't remember my real family, so i can't miss that. So much has happened its just..i don't know. It's been shocking. But.." He took a deep breath before continuing. "But that's not what's been bothering me. It's Dusk Owl. She's my best friend. Recently though... it's like she 's harder to talk to. Nothing about her.. just... oh i don't know! I just don't what's wrong with me! She's never tried to judge me, or anything, but it's different! " He exclaimed, frustrated again. His troubled green-gold eyes turned from the serene waters to meet Howlite's for just a brief second, as if he was trying to show the older wolf how he felt with a glance. For a moment he realized how alike her and Howlite were her personality, both famous for their pup-ish cheerfulness, a bit like Blaze.

ooc: just to let you know, Silver Leaf isn't going to be anything less than very stubborn in coming to the truth about his frustrating problem xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Thu May 15, 2008 5:02 pm

"Dusk Owl?" Howlite repeated, a wicked grin slapped on his face...
Now now... Pull it together... Silver Leaf needs advice... Now just grow up for a minute!
The older wolf's face straightened down a bit, though it was hard not to blurt out like a puppy that the only time that a boy felt uncomfortable around a girl, was when he liked her... or her, him...
"Well, Shining Skybird made me feel different..." He started, that silly grin returning to his face, "No, really... I know it's different with you and Dusk Owl, 'cause you were pups together... But I think I know what you're going through..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Thu May 15, 2008 5:06 pm

Silver Leaf laughed, a hollow, joking laugh. "What WE'RE going through? No, she hasn't changed at all. It's just me. " He said dully. However, he still looked at Howlite.

"But...i'd like to hear anything. Anything that could make us be the friends we've been again, and keep my stupid problem out of the way." He sighed and looked at his paws. "She's my best friend aside from Blaze and Red Falcon, and they are more like my parents. I don't want to ruin our friendship."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Thu May 15, 2008 5:21 pm

"Like it or not, this DOES concern both of you... That is, if you really care..." Howlite replied at the retort.
"Well, how about this... I'll ask a few things and you say yes or no... But I'm guessing that most answers will be yes. And if I'm wright, you got to let Dusk Owl know what's going on... 'Cause sooner or later, she's going to be feeling the same things as you are... Question is, do you want her to be thinking of you, or some other guy?"
He paused for a moment, letting Silver Leaf think about that last bit... Howlite really was trying, and a soft smile tried to show that he wasn't just messing with Silver Leaf.

"You said things are different... Different, as in, you can't stop thinking of her and every day you can't wait to see her?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Thu May 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Silver Leaf looked at Howlite suspiciously. "Of course i care! I don't see how it could involve both of us...but...Ok..."
He took a deep breath before replying.

"I want her to think of whoever makes her happy. Hopefully me, i think i'm her best friend too."
"I can't stop thinking of her because i don't know why its harder to talk to her. " He replied, neutrally, but a bit defensively.
"Of course i can't wait to see her, she's my best friend!"

He thought about the questions a minute, and thought he was sure he knew where Howlite was going with this, but decided to wait. He could be wrong, though he wanted to just deny it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Thu May 15, 2008 6:09 pm

"Yeah... But now it's different... You can't wait to see her, not because you want to play or talk and stuff... But because you just can't get enough of being around her...? And when she looks at you now, it feels like time's standing still..." Howlite raised an eye to that, knowing what he went through... And what an idiot he felt like, trying to do anything and everything to impress Shining Skybird and get her attention...
Howlite turned his blue eyes out to the water, as memories played back in his mind.
"You know... Shining Skybird and I were good friends too... She didn't know what I was going through either. And I couldn't tell her... Not until I got into real trouble with my trying to impress her. And then I thought I was going to lose her... both as a friend and more."
"You want to be there to protect them... Try give them everything they could want or need... But to tell them is the hardest thing. And then you hold your breath... Waiting and hoping that they don't think you're a fool."
He looked up again and directly at Silver Leaf, "It's hard to talk to her, because you can't tell her how much she means to you... And you're scared. Scared that one day she's going to tell her 'Best Friend' that she's met some wolf..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Thu May 15, 2008 7:52 pm

Silver Leaf quickly said "Of course, shouldn't that be what it's like with a friend?" He couldn't answer the second part, it did always feel like time was standing still, thats why he could never say anything.
"Why would i want to impress Dusk Owl? I know she likes me as i am. "
He paused. He was getting a bit tired of these questions.
"Of course! I love trying to help my family and friends!"
Then he snapped.
"SHE'S MY FRIEND!" He looked shocked at himself that he had barked like that at Howlite.
"Howlite..i'm so sorry. It's just...i can't think of her as anything but my friend. I want her to live her life and be happy...as much as i want Red Falcon and Blaze to. She's all i have besides them."
Silver Leaf whined, asking for forgiveness for snapping.

The young wolf didn't realize how much was so obvious in his words. But he had a stubborn gene never apparent before, and told himself his closest friend was nothing more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Fri May 16, 2008 6:12 am

The soldier grimaced at the sudden outburst, but a small smile soon returned, "You're okay..." He said softly. Silver Leaf didn't mean it.
"Well, then I guess, I was wrong..." Howlite said gentle, getting up and shaking himself before turning. "If all you ARE are just friends, then talking to her wouldn't be a problem."
His smile crept wider as he looked at the younger male, "If you think anything otherwise... You best get your story straight and let her know what's going on... The sooner you come clean, the sooner you can be yourself again."
With that, he began to move away, his voice calling back to Silver Leaf as he did, "If you need to talk more kid, I'll be around..."

OOC: LOL it's up to you to call in FS now or not Wink I'll keep an eye out if you need me again...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Fri May 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Silver Leaf sighed, then called as he left. "Yeah, ok, thanks Howlite!"
Then, sighing again, dunked his head in the river and lay down, watching the water...

She's just my friend. How could she be anything else? Howlite's right though... but she's just my friend. Everything he said was true, but not for the reason he thought. Besides Dusk Owl probably still likes Cold Flame, at least a bit. She can't forget how she felt for him...that's for sure. Doesn't matter though. We're just friends.

It didn't occur to the young wolf how much he was trying to convince himself.

ooc: ok. now i have to figure out whats gonna happen next XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Fri May 16, 2008 9:35 pm

((I've been watching this RP for a bit and been laughing out loud at Silver Leaf's denials... I do think this is the perfect opportunity for Dusk Owl to show up, if you'd like her to do so. Very Happy ))

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Fri May 16, 2008 10:16 pm

((then have her do so. i warn you, he's gonna remain stubborn for a good while yet! Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Fri May 16, 2008 10:25 pm

"Silver Leaf!" Dusk Owl trotted along, her head quickly flipping from side to side as she listened for any reply from the young hunter, "Silver Leaf!" She let out a brief howl, hoping he would hear her.

She didn't know why he'd seemed to be avoiding her over the past couple days, but he couldn't do that today! He'd promised he'd take her hunting. Since the prey was more spread out over the area, more hunters were needed to find it, and she was gladly filling in. It just meant she got to spend more time with her best friend... aside from Wildflower.

Finally she spotted him. "There you are!" she yipped happily, almost prancing to his side.

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Fri May 16, 2008 10:49 pm

Silver Leaf's ears perked up at the sound of Dusk Owl's voice. Dusk Owl...i hope i don't act like a fool Slowly, he got up and turned around and trotted over to her. "Hey Dusk Owl!" Then he remembered he promised to take her hunting. "Ready to go hunting?" he asked, wagging his tail cheerfully.

He was making an effort to be cheerful, to be as she knew him to be. He was just glad he hadn't messed up so far. And now he got to spend time with her, hunting for the pack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Fri May 16, 2008 11:00 pm

Dusk Owl nodded eagerly. "Of course I'm ready!" she grinned, "I'm just surprised I didn't find you back at the camp... I mean, we've been sleeping side-by-side since we got here, so I kinda' thought..." She shook her head. It was a silly notion really. After her experience with Cold Flame, she wasn't ready to think such things again... not yet.

She turned and started padding along the riverbank. "C'mon slowpoke!" she barked.

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Fri May 16, 2008 11:13 pm

Silver Leaf matched her grin, but it faded slightly when she mentioned sleeping side-by-side...but he covered it with a laugh. "Sorry about that...i wanted to just spend a bit of time alone. " He smiled to show he was alright.

"Anyway, anyplace in particular you'd like to hunt?" he asked as he trotted ahead and caught up, then matched her pace.

He glanced at the river again, and saw his own reflection, but this time, he saw hers as well. Quickly he turned away, to look back at the ground in front of his paws. He knew himself, he'd be likely to trip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Sat May 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Dusk Owl sighed. "Yeah... I know... we all have our ways of grieving I guess... especially since it's been only a couple days." She didn't answer again for a time as she tried to force the memories into the back of her mind again.

"So why would you want to ask me where to hunt?" she finally questioned, "You know this place better than I do... I've been primarily working alongside Shining Skybird... you know... trying to train a bit in the healing arts in case something happens where we don't have enough healers again. If I can prevent a tragedy like Night Owl... or.... my mother..." She let her voice trail off.

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Sat May 17, 2008 8:05 pm

Silver Leaf looked away when she mentioned grieving, when he knew he wasn't really grieving as much as worrying, but then nudged her. "Hey, don't worry. " He smiled.

"You are right though. I probably do know better where to hunt. " He paused and looked around, smelling to better know where he was and what was around.

"Well, there's mostly just longer and shorter grasses around here. I figure most things don't like the shorter grass, no where to hide. Let's hunt in the taller grass. Come on." He turned and started walking to where the grass got a bit longer, not too far away from the river.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Tue May 20, 2008 10:38 pm

Dusk Owl smiled when she felt his nudging her. "Oh, I know it will," she said, "I mean... Sure, all the packs are under young leadership but... Ebon Star and Aspen are really capable.. It's kinda' hard to think about now, but I have the feeling they'll lead us all into a golden age... at least when we find our new home."

She grinned widely. "And that's the thing about having a perfect memory... I'll get to see it all, and remember it... And pass it down. Now I just have to be patient."

She walked along as he explained about the prey sticking to the longer grasses. "Kinda' like us," she mused, "Except we prefer the trees instead of the grasses."

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   Wed May 21, 2008 5:37 pm

Silver Leaf nodded brightly. "Yep! I'm sure it will be a golden age for us, all the packs, ...and yeah, the prey we hunt aren't totally stupid, they know where they can better try to hide. "

He looked around and quietly put his nose to the ground as he walked, smelling for prey.

Suddenly a butterfly appeared out of the grass, and he jumped back, startled. As he saw it, his eyes seemed to glaze over for a moment, as he remembered an old and wonderful memory. Then he pulled his eyes away, and went back to his task, though reluctantly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pensive   

Back to top Go down

Pensive
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The White Ridge Saga :: Alphas ONLY :: The Mountain in the Sky-
Jump to: