The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Mood swings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Mood swings   Mon May 05, 2008 1:15 pm

Anxious, irritable...happy! No, depressed, wary, tearful...and back to irritable.

Every one of these moods had come to characterize Shining Skybird on a day to day basis. Rarely did she ever feel like her normal self, the self that was cheerful, calm, and gentle. Now she spent most of her days feeling completely opposite. Yesterday she was depressed, and today she was on edge...anxious about everything around her. She had tried hard to hide her mood swings from Howlite; he didn't deserve to see her this way, after all. But it was so hard, especially when she had those days where she just wanted to bite someone's head off and throw their remains into a river...oh my!

Now the young healer wandered around aimlessly near the pack sleeping grounds, her senses on full alert. She knew that there was nothing to worry about, but that didn't keep her from feeling like she should be on her toes. She was acting as though she was about to be ambushed by a bear!

As the healer wandered around, she struggled with why she had begun to feel so miserable over the past few weeks. Crap, now she was beginning to feel sad.

Maybe if it wasn't for that stupid pooch that was forming around her abdomen. She had been eating so much recently...she just couldn't stop! Damn, she felt so fat...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Mood swings   Tue May 06, 2008 7:31 am

OOC: MWAHAHA! That is such an invite... XD

Eyes watched the anxious healer from the dark, pelt melting in with the shade of night, as soft paws tread lightly on the ground bringing the dark figure closer.

"What are you doing?" Breathed out a whisper, warm breath right behind the unsuspecting wolf's ear. Yanya stood, looking curiously at Shining Skybird, concerned about the young wolf's strange behavior as of late...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: Mood swings   Tue May 06, 2008 12:21 pm

(ooc) lol, I never had that intention... tongue

Every single hair along Shining Skybird's neck stood up on end as a voice whispered in her ear. Her eyes widened, her ears folded back, and her body tensed...all in one quick motion before she jumped forward in total surprise. Her body then whipped around to face who had snuck up on her, with teeth nearly barred as though she was preparing herself for attack. When she saw, however, that it was only Yanya, Shining Skybird immediately relaxed. But she was still obviously shaken, as could be seen by her heaving chest.

"Yanya!...I'm sorry, I didn't notice you coming up. Um, I just needed a walk to try and get my thoughts together...I just haven't felt like myself lately."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Mood swings   Tue May 06, 2008 4:09 pm

"I've noticed... What is bothering you?" the bear asked, stepping forward to her pack-mate, and taking no offence to Shining Skybird's reaction.
A lot had happened over the past few days and everyone was on edge... But the healer seemed to be more so...

"I know most don't really notice me in the pack... But I notice when things happen... And you haven't been yourself for some time now."
Stepping forward again Yanya moved to try give the healer a comforting nudge. She was part of the pack, and worried about her rather large wolfen family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: Mood swings   Tue May 06, 2008 9:38 pm

Shining Skybird allowed Yanya to nudge her. In many ways, it was actually very helpful, and it was comforting to know that she finally had someone to talk to about her feelings. After letting out a long sigh, Shining Skybird took a seat near the now massive Yanya and took a moment to put all of her thoughts together.

"That's the thing, nothing is bothering me. I've suddenly started having this flood of emotions. I mean, I felt a little off some time ago, but it's only been getting worse over time. Sometimes I feel sad or angry, other times I may feel like my normal self...and for even stranger reasons, I feel anxious. It's all really complicated, and it hasn't helped that I can't even figure out what's going on inside my head. Not to mention the added confusion I feel because I've been eating so much."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Mood swings   Thu May 08, 2008 4:34 pm

The large bear sat and contemplated the wolf's words, listening carefully as she tried to recall such events happening before...
Though she had seen many strange things since she came to live with the pack and though she was no healer, Yanya had to chuckle as the mention of Shining Skybird's appetite was confessed, for that was a thing she had noticed before... Both once with Red Eagle and Sage Ghost...

"My dear, you're a healer..." Yanya said gently, "You have treated wolves with your symptoms before in our pack. Try clear your mind and remember..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: Mood swings   Mon May 12, 2008 5:10 pm

Shining Skybird looked to Yanya, at first a little puzzled, but then with contemplation. She hadn't cleared her head in a long time...not that she hadn't tried, it was just hard to do. Whenever she thought she had the chance, something would be bound to pop up.

I need to go find some more herbs, we're running low on stock...NO! Focus!

Having recommitted to her original train of thought, Shining Skybird took a moment to put together her symptoms. Mood swing, increased appetite, bloating...

And then it hit her like a ton of bricks.

"I'm pregnant!"

Shining Skybird was beside herself. She hardly knew what to make of the situation, and the fact that she was pregnant was the only thing she could think about for a minute or two. And then she realized that there was someone else who needed to know about this.

"I have to find Howlite!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Mood swings   Mon May 12, 2008 6:51 pm

Yanya smiled and nodded as Shining Skybird came to realisation.
"Take it easy, dear." chuckled the bear, lifting herself a bit to a more comfortable pose, "He's not going anywhere. And perhaps you should try remain as calm as you can. You know how excitement alone can rile him up like a puppy..." And... you need to rest as must as you can. How long do you think you are?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: Mood swings   Thu May 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Taking it easy was much easier said than done. She wanted to find her mate so badly, and it didn't matter whether or not she showed excitement when she told Howlite, he would react in the same way no matter what.

"I know I should rest, and I eventually will, but I just can't now. I...I'm not really sure how far along I am...maybe a week. No, it must be about two weeks."

Then, a sudden realization hit her.

"Yanya, what happens if we don't find new land to live in soon? I don't want to have puppies in the middle of nowhere. I want them to have a place to call home when they're born."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Mood swings   Fri May 23, 2008 4:26 am

She could only imagine what Shining Skybird was going through...
"I'm sure we'll find a place before then..." Yanya said with a smile, "But the pack is their home. No mater which ground we sleep on, they will have a home."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mood swings   

Back to top Go down

Mood swings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1