The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

The Journey into new lands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: The Journey into new lands   Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:18 pm

Ryota opened his eyes to a new day and yawned as he got up. He stretched and ran around trying to get rid of some of the pent up energy. After that he decided that he was going to have to hunt, and he thought that fishing was the best option, as fish didn't really talk. He sniffed the air looking for that watery smell and wandered a bit until he found it. Ryota then followed it until he got to the edge of a river. There he started looking for fish and the edge of a small waterfall. He had seen the bears catch the fish in the air, so he figured that he could do it. But he didn't se any fish jumping or any bears, so he decided to try to catch the fish in the water.

Ryota waded into the water until it got just to his chest, then he waited until a fish came up to him. He quickly tried to grab it , but it got away from him. He tried cahsing it, but all he did was succeed in losing the meal entirely. Disappointed, Ryota got out of the water and shook all the water off of him. He then saw a rabbit and the rabbit saw him. He snuffed at the rabbit, knowing that it was taunting him. Then to his shock the rodent turned around and showed it's fluffy tail, mocking him.

That did it.

Ryota chased after the rabbit, if he couldn't catch it, then to make sure that it didn't mock him agian.

"Hey, hey, hey," Ryota heard that brown creature say. "I was just kidding! Can't you take a joke?!"

Ryota slowed down and the rabbit dove into a hole. No, he decided, that wasn't a joke. He started trying to dig, making the hole big so he could get that rabbit. He was going to give that rabbit a lesson, that you don't mock a Ru.

But he realized suddenly that he was in new lands, as the smells were different. He forgot about the rabbit and started trying to figure out who was here and how many wolves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Wed May 21, 2008 6:51 pm

The lost omega had been following the packs... trying to catch up with them. The smoke thickened the air making their scent more difficult to follow as the fire spread closer, forcing her to take alternative routes...

Now she lay exhausted, lost, alone and frightened. Her escape had lead her past the river, well beyond the borders of her pack's home and to the north east. She had lost her family...
Not knowing where she was, she had tried to call, but no answer came. No reassurance of her pack or her mate...

"You stupid fool! Why did you have to wander off?" She scolded herself. Tears welled up in her green eyes as she lay in a thick grass patch unaware of the stranger who had accidentally stumbled rather close to where she was...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:37 pm

Ryota found a scent almost immediantly. It was another wolf and a hope for a new home sprang up into his being. But it quickly was squashed by the realization that he may not be welcomed by this wolf. He decided to keep his past to himself this time. He sniffed the rabbit hole once more and turned his back on it, kicking dirt into the hole. He heard a slight cough and smiled inwardly. He wandered, following the scent of the wolf and stopped. He heard what she said and tilted his head to the side. He saw her and she could see him, but he stood there and wondered why she had called herself stupid. He then walked up to her kind of slowly, just realizing that she was lost from her pack. "Um, if it's alright," Ryota said softly. "I could try and help you find your pack. I'd like to join also."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:22 am

Blinded by tears and her mind lost in her moment of misery, the Omega didn't hear the soft footsteps moving closer to her, nor see his gesture of plain sight...
She gasped in surprise as the strangers voice wrenched her back from her thoughts of the pack, her ears flattening as green eyes looked up to the larger black form of the male.
It took a moment of heart-pounding fear before she realised what he had just said...
"Help me?" she replied timidly and unsure if this wasn't some trick... moving quickly to her paws and taking a step back, Streak looked over Ryota, her eyes meeting his lavender, as she tried to gage whether he was being true.
"That's very kind of you, sir..." Her soft toned voice replied as a small smile crept to her pale face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Ryota was suddenly reminded of the Omega in his old pack. He remembered how the Omega got blamed for alot of things. Ryota didn't think that it was fair, but it wasn't his place to have things changed.

The Ru smiled at Streak and wagged his tail slightly. He then noticed a pair of sky-blue eyes from a bush. He reconized the eyes as belonging to Yanso Ral. He saw the eyes vanish and the bushes moved. He saw a streaks of pure white as he realized that the Ral was moving away from them. Ryota looked at Streak, trying to appear non-threatening and hoping that she didn't think that he was crazy.

"Follow me okay?" He asked. "I think that we can get back to your pack sooner than I thought."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:28 am

Streak tilted her head, ears swiveling in confusion, unable to see the spirit guide (I'm assuming that's what the Ral is?) that would guide them...
His words gave hope, thinking perhaps the stranger had crossed paths with her pack and recognised the scent of them on her? She nodded to him, cautiously stepping forward to follow. "I'm Streak..." she said softly, realising that they had yet to introduce themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:08 am

~Yeah, the Spirit guide is considered to be a Ral/Alpha...you can call it Ral or Alpha, whatever pleases you.....I'll say that he won't make appearances often- just when it's really needed...~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryota realized that he had been very rude in his hurry to get to a new pack. He slowed to walk beside her for a moment,. He glanced at her, but was keeping a look out for signs of the guide.

"I'm Ryota," He told her kindly. "I heard that you wandered off away from your pack...did you sort of get lost?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:43 am

Streak paused, her ears folding at the reminder of her mistake. "We were out fighting... my pack that is... I stayed at the dens to help guard with a few others." Her green eyes turned to the ground, "I went to look for food... I shouldn't have left."
Looking back to Ryota, she hoped Sage Ghost could forgive her if the pack was found again... and hoped against hope that SilentPaw had lived to escape with the pack.
"The fire started then... it pushed me out past the borders and I couldn't smell or hear anyone anymore..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:10 pm

Ryota listened, but kept a look out for the White Wolf. He didn't really see it, but at times he'd see a white tail, which helped him out. Ryota remembered the fire that had changed his life, it was a while ago, but he wondered if Yanso Ral had intended for this meeting to happen. It sounded like it wasn't just a chance meeting.

"I know how that is," Ryota told her. "I had gotten lost from my pack a while ago during a fire. It swept through our forest and we had to run because it was moving faster then I could run."

He looked at her, a slight pride in his eyes, "But I lived and the fire didn't even touch me."

He then smiled at her and then looked up and noticed that Yanso Ral was gone. He wasn't worried, as he smelled a trail that alot of wolves left behind. He looked at her and stopped. "Is this your pack? He asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope that I'm not rushing things...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:18 pm

His courageous tail of escape made her smile. He had had a very lucky escape...
"You're very brave, Ryota..." she murmured as she followed to where he had stopped again.
Moving over to where he detected the trail and sampled the musty earth, inhaling deeply as the mix of odors filled her seances.
"It's... familiar..." she replied with a bit of uncertainty. The trail had the faint scent of some familiar pack member scents... but not those of who she worried for most...
Many wolves had passed this way, but the stink of the Swift River Clan mingled with those she recognised.
Lifting her head, Steak met the black wolf's gaze, concern filling her green eyes.
"Some of my pack did pass here, but so did our rivals..."

OOC: No, this pace is great Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:12 pm

"Hmmm," Ryota said, thinking. He smelt the area again trying to pick out which one was her pack and how to avoid the other one without a confrontation. He looked up and caught a streak of white popping out of the bushes. He smelt the wind and caught a familar scent, but he coulnd't place it- until the source of the scent popped out of the bushes like a bandit.

A red fox bounded out of the bushes, humming like he didn't have a care in the world to worry about. He suddenly stopped and looked at them. Ryota instantly reconized him to be Trick. The wolf was happy, and at the same time, wary. He knew the fox to be the most devious creature to walk the earth, or so he'd heard.

"Well, if it isn't the Ru?" Trick said smoothly. "What brings you here, Dusk Walker?"

Ryota opened his mouth to tell him, but saw that Trick was already speaking agian.

"Anyway," Trick said. "That doesn't matter really. I think that I already know why you're here. Mind if I travel with you?"

Again Ryota opened his mouth to answer, and agian the fox rushed ahead.

"I'll travel with you, for the moment." Trick answered for them. He looked at Streak. "I have a story for the walking, I guarranety that it'll make the time fly."

Ryota snuffed, as Trick smiled. The Ru knew that Trick would do this.

"A special treat just for the Lady," Trick said. "Free of charge."

Ryota looked at Streak, surprised at Trick and wondering if she'd accept his odd offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:40 am

Streak jumped back, startled as the fox jumped out in front of them, but recovering quickly and looked to Ryota in uncertainty about the creature, her ears capturing the somewhat humorous monologue.
The Ru? Dusk Walker? She'd have to ask later about that...
she thought, a slight grin creeping to her face again as the fox continued...
The omega chuckled at Trick's charming offer, and turned her face to meet Ryota's gaze... Seeing as Trick had decided that he Was going with them, and she doubted very little would sway his mind, what harm could there be?
"If we are going the same way..." she said softly, shrugging her shoulders.
Obviously he would have better judgement over the situation than herself, but the creature did seem to be genuine...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:57 pm

Trick walked past them, ignoring Ryota- who was shaking his head. Trick walked on, leading them. "Now She-wolf," Trick said. "I'm telling this only once, and then it becomes your story to tell."
Trick then started his story.

"It started when the moon turned blood red, something that only happens once in a lifetime. But there was a legend that was passed down, that a single male wolf would be born under this blood moon. And it happened, just as it was foretold. Four pups were born to the Alphas of the pack, and with only one male. The whole pack was overjoyed and couldn't wait to see the pups. But the Father, the Alpha of the pack wasn't. He had heard the legend. The male that was born under the red mood, would be taken by the Great Wolf, to run with his pack in the other world. The father didn't like it and sought to defy the Great Wolf.

But one day, fire leapt out of the sky and landed on the ground. It turned red and started burning the forest that the Alpha ruled over. The pack had to flee and in the confusion, the single male pup was lost from the pack. The Alpha, when he found out, he knew that he had been wrong in his arrogance and was sad that he lost his son. The pup, however, found himself alone. He still tried to out run the fire, but it caught up to him. He suddenly found himself in a new place and he wondered if the fire had passed him by.

The Pup counted himself lucky, but was tired from all the running. He laid down and tried to get some sleep, hidden in some tall grass, but he saw strange things, things that he'd never even seen before. After a time, he started to drift off when something stepped on him."

Ryota had allowed Streak to walk ahead of him and was trailing behind them. His ears folded back, as he knew that Trick was telling his story to Streak and that his secret might be known now. He hoped that she and the others didn't look at him the way that his family did.

Trick continued with his story.

"The little wolf jumped out, just a-snarling and a-growling like he was the fiercest thing to ever live. The pup then realized that it was the Great Wolf, but wasn't afraid. The Great Wolf was leading his pack, and told the little wolf that he could join if he wanted to. But the pup told the Great Wolf that he wanted to go back home to his pack. The Great Wolf nodded and kindly took the pup back home. But told the little wolf that he'd come back and ask again.

When the pup returned to his pack, they were afraid of him as he was changed. His fur was as black as the burnt trees and his paws as white as the snow. They knew that he had walked the path that many go, but none was known to ever return. The little wolf realized that he couldn't stay and he left his pack. He hoped that the Great Wolf would let him join his pack, but the offer never came and the Great Wolf refused to speak about it. The Little wolf was told to wait.

So the wolf waited and traveled trying to find a pack and hoping for a place to call home. By day he traveled alone and by night he traveled alongside the Great Wolf, but always remembering that one day he'd be a part of the Pack that the Great Wolf leads."

Trick suddenly stopped and he smiled at Streak. "This is where I make my exit. Your pack is just ahead. "

Ryota's ears perked up, but he didn't say anything. Trick glanced at him, then looked back at Streak, before dissappearing into the bushes. "I hope that you enjoyed it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:08 am

Streak listened intently, her green eyes glued to the fox ahead of her, while her mind ran rampant with images from the story playing in her head...
Captivated in a trance of his tale, she didn't notice Rytoa fall behind.
His fur turned black and paws, white? The omega didn't think of Ryota being the exact same, as she listened on. It was amazing... but sad as well...

Trick stopped, and at his words, Streak shook her head from the dream, "Huh? You're leaving?" she asked, a little confused at why he said her pack was just ahead of them.
She looked up to find them out of the forest and at the edge of a wide open grass land. Thick yellow grass high enough to hide a wolf opened out, stunning the young female.
How did he find this place? How long had they been walking?

Streak lifted her nose to scent the air...
They were here! Her pack!
The Tall Pines pack had followed...
And... the Swift River Clan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:25 am

Ryota also smelled the two packs. He wasn't sure what pack was hers, but the thought crossed his mind that, if she needed help- he'd help her. He was afraid of what lie ahead, yet he knew that he'd have to face it eventually. He looked at her, wondering what to do next.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I honestly don't know what to do now. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:41 am

Streak took a deep breath and looked to Ryota. Her own fear of the unknown matching his... She had no idea who had managed to escape or what had happened on the battlefield...
"Well... come on..." she said softly, almost sheepishly. She hoped the pack would accept him... after all, he did help her...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ru
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Ryota nodded once and followed her to the pack, he wondered what would happen and if he was accepted into the pack, how long he'd be around and what position he would have. So many question ran through his mind, all with no answer yet. The thought crossed his mind for a second that maybe he could find a mate here, but it left as quickly as it had come. This was a new start, he thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:28 pm

Streak moved ahead quietly. They couldn't be too careful crossing through such high dense grasses... an ambush could be lurking anywhere!
Ears twitched, bringing her to a halt as the sound of voices carried on a soft breeze.
It was hard to hear, but it sounded like one of her pack...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:27 pm

Indeed, Streak and Ryota were not far from where the pack had settled. Although most of the wolves tended to wander around during the day, they all tended to settle around the same area at night. Both wolves were not too far off, maybe only a couple hundred yards. One of those voices was the sound of an approaching femme. It should have been all too familiar to Streak who the voice belonged to, after all, the two had had an interesting relationship ever since the Omega came into the other young femme's life.

Out of the dense grass emerged the young Willow, her silver and white fur a little more than tussled around since escaping the fire, and more importantly, taking care of Silent Paw. The soldier had been injured in the battle, and Willow had helped him to escape. While Silent Paw had been scared for Streak, Willow had concentrated on what she considered more important things. Not that Streak wasn't important, but Willow would always put Silent Paw first. As long as she had him, she needed nobody else.

Needless to say, Willow was more than a little surprised to see Streak, and wary to see a stranger. But her gaze was a little less than welcoming. Although she had gotten to the point of tolerating Streak's presence and relationship with Silent Paw, there was always a bit of jealousy that lingered within the younger femme. Willow would never tolerate anyone trying to take Silent Paw from her, but she often put on a different face after Silent Paw got into a relationship to make him happy.

"Streak...you're back."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey into new lands   

Back to top Go down

The Journey into new lands
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1