The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Infringing cautiously on other territtorries

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:18 pm

Featherpaw sniffs the air cautiously. He smelled it earlier. The presence of other wolves. Crouching low, he moves silently foreward. He could hear and smell the deer ahead. He may still have time to snag it and bolt if he moves quick enough. Still inching foreward ever closer then the deer perks up. Featherpaw stills. That wasn't me that warned it. I had best hurry. Moving with powerful agility, Featherpaw blows out of the bushes and leaps up snapping his jaws with full force onto the back of the deers neck, breaking it. Due to his rush, he messes up his landing and is thrown over and past a few feet into the vegetation. He growls in annoyance and moves hastily back to the dead deer and picks its neck up in his jaws. He twitches his ears and stiffens sudddenly at the sound of nearby movement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:17 pm

The nearby movement was the gentle pawstep of Shining Skybird, one of the healers of the Black Mountain Pack. Although food was not entirely scarce in the area, and she was only slightly hungry, Shining Skybird felt an incredible urge to eat. It confused her, but she nonetheless went with her instinct to find food...although she was unaware at this time that she would now be eating for four. Just like Featherpaw, she had spotted the deer and was hoping to get a good meal, but he had been quicker. Her ears drooped in dismay, and in her anxiety at losing the opportunity of a suculent meal, she shifted her weight just a bit too much and had alerted the male wolf of her presence. It was too late for her to leave now, and so she stepped out from the cover of the brush she had been hiding in and met the gaze of Featherpaw. She looked around a bit sheepishly, her head held level with her shoulders.

"Sorry to startle you...I was just around looking for food myself. But umm, yeah, nice catch...it's impressive that you took it down by yourself. Anyway, I'll leave you alone to enjoy your meal."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:28 pm

Featherpaw twitches his ears akwardly, unsure as to how to react. "Your pack isn't going to attack me over this deer?" He blinks, quite baffled. "You can join me if you wish..." He lays down on his belly, trying to appear more friendly now. The smell of the kill still has his blood rushing but he is calming down quickly, although still appears a bit nervous as his eyes occassionally glace at the surroundings cautiously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:49 pm

Shining Skybird was turning to leave when Featherpaw suddenly spoke. The healer turned her head towards him again, but this time with her own slightly baffled expression.

"Food may be a little scarce around here, but my pack wouldn't attack you just to steal it. We're not that barbaric, and it's not like this is our territory to claim."

She moved forward toward him, slowly at first, gaging his reactions and making sure he wasn't going to try and pull a fast one on her. She could sense his nervousness, and she gently crouched her body down until she was on her belly.

"I'm not sure if anyone even knows I'm here. I mean, I told a couple wolves that I was going to try and find food, and hopefully bring something back. But until someone makes a big kill, I think everyone's basically on their own for food...unfortunately, times are a little hard right now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:49 pm

Shining Skybird was turning to leave when Featherpaw suddenly spoke. The healer turned her head towards him again, but this time with her own slightly baffled expression.

"Food may be a little scarce around here, but my pack wouldn't attack you just to steal it. We're not that barbaric, and it's not like this is our territory to claim."

She moved forward toward him, slowly at first, gaging his reactions and making sure he wasn't going to try and pull a fast one on her. She could sense his nervousness, and she gently crouched her body down until she was on her belly.

"I'm not sure if anyone even knows I'm here. I mean, I told a couple wolves that I was going to try and find food, and hopefully bring something back. But until someone makes a big kill, I think everyone's basically on their own for food...unfortunately, times are a little hard right now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:54 am

He looks at her seriously. "I would be glad to share if it is safe to do so. I have no pack of my own since the fire sky." He wags his tail now, getting a bit motivated, and grins. "Why don't you come have abite with me before we share it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:22 pm

Shining Skybird looked to Featherpaw with hope and gratitude in her already kind gaze, her tail wagging lightly from side to side.

"Are you sure? I mean, this is quite a catch to give up and share!"

She thought about it for a moment longer, knowing all too well that this was perhaps one of the best things that could have happened.

"Okay, but if I want you to have first choice before I even take a bite. It's the least I can offer you for being so generous...by the way, my name is Shining Skybird. I'm a healer for the Black Mountain Pack."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Shining Skybird looked to Featherpaw with hope and gratitude in her already kind gaze, her tail wagging lightly from side to side.

"Are you sure? I mean, this is quite a catch to give up and share!"

She thought about it for a moment longer, knowing all too well that this was perhaps one of the best things that could have happened.

"Okay, but if I want you to have first choice before I even take a bite. It's the least I can offer you for being so generous...by the way, my name is Shining Skybird. I'm a healer for the Black Mountain Pack."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Featherpaw wags his tail happily.
"No, no, go ahead and have first bite." He grins. "You're the first wolf to ever be nice to me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Shining Skybird's gaze merely froze on Featherpaw for a few moments, surprised that he was allowing her to have first choice. She broke her gaze from him and focused on the deer only when she realized that she was probably staring, and she soon contemplated what she wanted. The hind quarters were tempting, but seeing as they held the most meat, it would likely benefit the other wolves more than if she tried to take it for herself. Instead, the healer went for the ribs, carefully tearing out the fur before digging into the juicy meat. She almost couldn't help herself; she wasn't even all that hungry, yet she was consuming the meat as though she hadn't eaten for days! Only after taking in a few ravaging bites did she realize that she almsot lost control of herself, and so Shining Skybird slowed down...after all, there needed to be enough left over to feed some of her packmates.

She looked back up to Featherpaw, almost embarrassed at her behavior because it was so unlike her.

"I can't possibly imagine why no one wouldn't possibly be nice to you. You seem like a generous and kind wolf."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:38 pm

Watching Shining Skybird dig in, he was rather pleased. Watching the other eat, he almost felt bad for having taken this deer. But even he needed to eat to survive.
When the other wold comments to him, hecocks his head to the side curiously, before moving to take some neck meat for himself quite ravenously. "Most packs I've come accross were very.... close knit and over guarded in my opinion."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Sat May 03, 2008 7:37 am

"As a pack should be..." came a voice soft and low in defence.
Atop a low raised hill stood the large white and rust furred male soldier, head low and fur ruffed as he eyed this stranger.

Howlite had awoke to find his mate gone. Having tracked her scent after asking a few pack-mates if they knew where she was...

He had only just arrived, missing a great portion of what was going on and could only see what looked like another male playing up to his beloved Shining Skybird.

"Are you alright, my dear?" he asked Shining Skybird, casted a quick glimpse towards her before blue eyes fell back to Featherpaw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Mon May 05, 2008 12:56 pm

Shining Skybird's head turned quickly toward the sound of Howlite's voice. She rose quickly to her paws and stepped back a little ways from the kill, meeting Howlite's gaze with her own gentle one.

"I'm fine, Howlite. I went out to scout for some food, and then I met this kind wolf here. His name is Featherpaw...he killed this deer and offered some of it to me, and then we were going to bring it back to the pack."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Mon May 12, 2008 12:48 pm

The presence of another male wolf immediately put Featherpaw on the defensive, backing over to a tree to protect his back as his eyes scan the area cautiously. He remains silent, ready to bolt if needed as he watches Howlite. All thought of food appears to now be vanished from his mind as he prepares for possibility of hostility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Mon May 12, 2008 6:40 pm

His posture relaxed a bit now that he knew his mate was alright. But there was still a stranger that needed investigating...
The white wolf slowly began approaching Featherpaw, exercising as much caution as was needed. He had detected no scent of a pack, but that didn't mean this wolf wasn't part of one...

He stopped a metre and a half from the other wolf and scented the air around him. "Featherpaw... right?" Howlite asked, his thoughts turning over what he had just been informed, "I thank you for sharing the kill with my mate, but why would you give up a kill like this to a pack other than your own?"
Thought Howlite wasn't a mean wolf by nature, the last couple of weeks had left everyone on edge... They couldn't be too careful. Not when they already traveled with former enemies...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Wed May 14, 2008 10:35 am

Featherpaw allowed his stance to relax a little while still maintaining readiness. "Yes, I am featherpaw. And I have no pack, as they are forever lost from me to the land of dreams." His reply was sharp as if the words hit a sore spot.

His patchy black and brown fur is ruffled slightly in a passing wind as he sticks his nose up to catch what scents he may. A simple flick would be all the his tail moves, the white tip flashing brightly in the noonhour sun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:23 pm

He looks the other male in the eyes and adds, "Besides, this is your packs territtory and I am but a lone wolf."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:07 am

Howlite's ears flattened a second at the other wolf told of his pack, knowing the pain himself. His head snapping back in surprise at the thought that this was their land?
"We don't hold this land... Just passing through."
The soldier took a moment, looking to his mate again, then back to Featherpaw, "Perhaps you'd like to travel with us? The Alphas are trying to find a new home for us... I don't see why you can't come along."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:32 pm

Featherpaw shifts his tail from side to side contemplatively as he considers the new option. He found only benefits in his musings and after a few moments, goes still. "Alright. But heed that I have not been amongst a pack since I was a pup... and so it will be strange to me." He grins and lets his tongue loll out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:30 pm

"Well, just keep your head low for now, mate... everyone's under a lot of strain and our pack travels with another two packs at the moment." Howlite warned, a grin moving more to a permanent state on his white face.
"Come on... I can help drag this kill back... It'll be a good way to get you on Ebon Star's good side."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Cheerfully, Featherpaw locks his jaw onto a deer leg and begins towing it with Howlite, tail wagging cheerfully. Mayhaps it isn't a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NocturneIAm
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:03 am

The soldier sunk his teeth firmly into the other leg of the deer, Featherpaw had brought down, pulling in pace with the patchy male wolf.
Between the two, the task went relatively fast as the camp site came nearer...

Howlite paused, dropping his end of the cargo he lifted his nose to scent the air around the area.
"hmmm... I think let's call for the pack to come to us..." He said, glancing to Featherpaw, then to Shining Skybird, who had been rather quiet.
He howled, calling the packs attention, and the new Alphas...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gildarius
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:11 am

An almost fearful excitement washes over Featherpaw as the other male calls for the pack. His new pack, he mused. He felt very insecure as to how the other wolves would regard him, but he kept for the most part quiet and respectful as he waited almost on edge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:55 pm

ooc: my first post as temp. rper of Aspen. Someone tell me if i don't do her justice.

However, it turned it Ebon Star wouldn't be the first to see it.

The brown and black alphess had been out walking by herself when she heard and smelled the approach of three wolves.
"Two packmates...Shining Skybird, Howlite......and a stranger."
Aspen murmured to herself.

She crept around and from behind stepped out and said
"Shining Skybird, Howlite! And who is this?"
She ignored the deer, it may have nothing to do with this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavensGaze
Canis Familiaris
Canis Familiaris

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:11 pm

Shining Skybird had been rather quiet, but it wasn't without reason. Deep down she was anxious to reveal some news to Howlite, but she had to wait for the right opportunity to present itself.

She followed behind the two males as they dragged the kill, and stood by Howlite's side as he called for the rest of the pack to join them. When Aspen arrived, Shining Skybird greeted the femme with a kind smile.

"This is Featherpaw. I met him not too far away from here, and he shared some of this deer with me. Howlite and I offered to introduce him to everyone, and if Ebon Star allows it, possibly to join."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infringing cautiously on other territtorries   

Back to top Go down

Infringing cautiously on other territtorries
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next