The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Heirs are Born...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Heirs are Born...   Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:29 pm

ooc: time is flying fast, so a bunch of time has past..the apprentinces are learning more and more. Swift Cloud is considering stepping down...but not quite yet...

It was a peaceful morning, an ordinary one thought Shining Sun, late in her pregnancy, as she walked along nearby the caves. She had stayed closer and closer as it grew closer to when they were to be born. It had consumed most of her thoughts...how to choose an heir...and her mate. CloudTail. He was these pups's father, father of her heir, her fellow alpha, though she knew he loved her deeply she never showed any love toward him. She had never really felt it. She worried if the pups would change her much...but then she couldn't worry about it. And definately not now, she realized. The pups were coming.
Her eyes widened in shock for only a moment before she let out a powerful summoning howl for Swift Cloud, Rabbitfoot, and CloudTail. Then she hurried into the thankfully nearby Healers cave and laid down, feeling the painly contractions, and grimacing with each one.

Swift Cloud heard her alphess and knew exactly what must be going on and she was nearby so rushed in. The first thing she did was give Shining Sun a bit of poppy seeds to make it easier, and the alphess gladly lapped them up. "Thank you Swift Cloud...make sure CloudTail is here. They are his pups as well. " A bit suprised, the medicine wolf nodded and said "Of course alphess, don't you worry about that though. Just push..." Shining Sun did her best to comply, hoping her alpha would arrive soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Heirs are Born...   Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:31 pm

(this is me, right?)

RabbitFoot had been gathering up some nerbs when she heard the summoning howl. Concerned, she rushed back, nearly losing her gathered goods in the process. Her nails clakcing through the cavern, she peered into the birthing den.

"...what can I do to help?" she panted, dropping her plants to the floor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Heirs are Born...   Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:11 pm

ooc: yup, you and FS. Who i'm still waiting on, but i'll reply here anyway, but next time i'm going to wait for him to reply.
bic:

Swift Cloud glanced up no more than a moment at her apprentince, the spoke while keeping a close eye on Shining Sun.

"Rabbitfoot, Shining Sun's pups are coming. We need to make sure we have enough poppy seeds and moss. Prehaps more pain relievers, but i doubt it. Hurry and get some, but don't take long. The pups could come any minute and they will need to be cleaned as soon as possible, so i'll need help. And if you see Cloudtail tell him his pups are being born, so hurry! Shining Sun will be unforgiving if he misses their birth!" Swift Cloud knew that Cloudtail was very unlikely to miss this moment by choice though.

Shining Sun moaned very softly, enough for the medicine wolf's attention to again be completely absorbed by the task at hand. The contractions were coming more often and more painful now, and she prayed it would be a safe birth, and that Cloudtail would witness the birth of the pack's heirs.

Unnoticed by all, Little Creek had heard her sisters call and rushed to the dens. Carefully in her own chamber, close to the entrance due to her rank has heir..one she would almost positively now lose, she watched the birth, hoping that the gods smilied down on her poor sister and made this be only a happy day. Now matter what grudges she held against her sister, family was family. If only Red Falcon was still here...she though, but only for a moment before she turned again to watch the event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Heirs are Born...   Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:58 pm

Rabbitfoot nodded and started racing out of the caverns. Her nails clacked against the stones and she nearly ran into Little Creek.

"Oh my goodness..." she yipped, half-bowing out of respect, "Terribly sorry..." She didn't have much time to speak now, so without paying mind to Little Creek, she lept from the caves, searching desperately for moss and poppy seeds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Heirs are Born...   Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:32 pm

ooc: ok this has just been put off too long, just expect SS to be a bit mad at Cloudy ;P

bic:

Time had passed, and the birthing was over. Shining Sun panted as she lay on the ground, she hadn't even looked at the pups, Swift Cloud had cleaned them for her. Now she moved her head so she could look at them, she had to name them. They had been laid in the order of first to last born.

She smiled at the first born, the heir. No, heiress she realized as she looked at the pup. "Sun Spot, for you are my heiress, and look the most like myself. "

The next pup was all light colored, most resembling his father. "You shall be Summer Blizzard, for you stick out as much as your father does, but take after him. "

The third pup was light, but spotted with darker colors. "You are Mud Spot, like the opposite of a muddy bank flecked with light soil. "

When she came to the thrid pup her eyes narrowed. It didn't resemble her, or Cloudtail, but her sisters. It reminded her only of Red Falcon, however, and she said with a grim tone "You are to be called only Pup until the time arises for your name. " She turned to Swift Cloud and ordered "Let the names of my pups be known, Sun Spot, Summer Blizzard, Mud Spot, and, for now, Pup."

Swift Cloud shook her head, it wasn't right to leave a pup named as such. But she did and went to tell the pack as she was ordered.

Little Creek looked on the scene and had to keep herself from snarling. She could see the pups, and why the last had been so badly named, and thought her sister so hard-hearted and cruel for it, but could do nothing. They were her sisters pups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Heirs are Born...   Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Rabbitfoot looked at each little pup endearingly; they were just too cute. "Ah, Shining Sun," she said to her Alphess, "They are all beautiful...and look very healthy too. You must be very proud." She then sat down, yawning; the process of birthing was extremely difficult, even to watch. It wore the adolescent out, and she had to rest her legs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Heirs are Born...   Sat May 03, 2008 9:46 am

Swift Cloud returned soon, and walked over to the sitting adolescent. "Rabbitfoot, " She began " I have served this pack long as a medicine wolf, but i am proud now to step down and leave that honor to you. I will now be your assistant for anything, as i believe you can do it yourself. You are now the medicine wolf of the Light Valley Pack." She had put her paw on Rabbitfoot's, and now took it off with a smile.

The young pups, still blind, whined and curled up next to Shining Sun.

Little Creek, with tears in her eyes, dashed out of the caves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: Heirs are Born...   Sun May 11, 2008 2:58 pm

She stared at her mentor, flabbergasted (hee; I love that word). "...what? Me?...the new Medicine Wolf?" RabbitFoot thought she had only just started training, and now this? Well, she did learn a great deal about splints and bandages on her own, and Swift Cloud has passed on her vast knowledge of medicines, tonics, and poisons.

"...I accept," she replied shakily, "On the condition that you will help me...I'm still a bit unsure about some things." She paused, holding back tears; "...thank you, Swift Cloud...for all that you have given me. I am honored to be your sucessor."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heirs are Born...   

Back to top Go down

Heirs are Born...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1