The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Resting...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Resting...   Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:19 pm

The whole pack was exausted. Their move from the fire, the battle, and their home had been traumatizing for many. No one really knew how far they had come. However, Ebon Star had, to many's relief, decided for a rest. Wolves lay down everywhere, panting and tired. Silver Leaf was no exception, and neither were Red Falcon or anyone else. Except maybe Running Wind, he never seemed to be tired. But the brown and white furred Silver Leaf lay near Red Falcon now. Her eyes were watching for Blaze, his, more discretely, for his friend Dusk Owl.
"Hey Red Falcon?
"Yes Silver Leaf?"
"I'm going to go walk around, ok?"
"Of course, but don't overexert yourself, who knows how short this rest could be."
"Of course."

With that the young adult wolf stood up and began walking around, without finding Dusk Owl. Eventually he found a small clearing a bit away from the nearest wolves and in the shade of trees. He lay down contently, his white muzzle matching his white paws that he laid it on. He kept his eyes open though, still looking for her. Soon though, his eyes slowly began to close as he began to fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:08 pm

Dusk Owl had not felt so refreshed since the day the war ended, although that feeling had been only very brief because of the almost-immediate ocurrance of the fire that had destroyed her pack's home. She held her tail up happily, her tongue hanging out to taste the air as she wandered the vast, open plains. Although she, like most wolves, hated these open spaces, she enjoyed the fresh, clean air that no longer smelled of smoke and death.

She padded along, humming a happy little tune to herself, a tune her mother had sung sometimes when she was being absent-minded. Dusk Owl could still remember hearing it as she grew... at least... when she'd grown ears.

As she came to a rather secluded area of the plains, a familiar scent struck her nostrils. She yipped in delight and barreled toward it. "Silver Leaf!" she called happily, rushing toward her resting friend. She giggled, finding this strangely familiar. He had been resting under a tree when she had first met him, and now she was going to reunite with him when he was resting yet again.

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:17 pm

Silver Leaf heard something, and at the sight of his friend barreling at him at top speed he yelped and leaped up, and attempted to run backwards...only attempting to run into the tree in the process. Sitting down on his now sore rear end, he grinned and said "Dusk Owl! You startled me! Did you know i was having a very nice dream right then?" He teased with a smile.

"Where've you been, by the way? I lost track of you in the crowd. " he asked "I've been with my adopted mother." He really was glad to see her, she was so fun to have as a friend, so cheerful.

He sighed, thinking to himself how nice it was to rest...even if it wasn't in their old territory...he had his friends and family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:29 pm

Dusk Owl skidded to a stop, giggling at the sight of him trying to recover from backing into a lone tree. She didn't know how any wolf managed that, but such klutziness was one thing she found so endearing about Silver Leaf.

"Oh, you're always dreaming!" she teased, sticking her tongue out momentarily, "Anyway, I've been keeping an eye on everyone. They all seem exhausted, but the elders, especially Fire Wind and Broken Light, seem to really be having a hard time." She sat down and smirked, "So which she-wolf was it this time? The black-fur or the white-fur?"

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:38 pm

Silver Leaf stuck up for himself in her mentioning he was a dreamer. "And what's wrong with dreams? " He said with a grin. "Yes.." he said, looking around "Everyone does seem very tired..." At her last comment he rolled his eyes with a smile. "I have no clue what you're talking about Dusk Owl, i enjoyed a, very brief, dreamless sleep." He returned her smirk with a playful one of his own, and tried to stand up..but due to his still sore end he quickly sat back down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:34 pm

Dusk Owl giggled to herself as she listened to her friend's defense. "Aww... C'mon," she smirked, "You telling me you didn't have one of those dreams again?" She was happy, and it showed. It had been a long time since she'd been able to look on such peaceful wolves... well... in all reality, she couldn't remember things ever being so peaceful, and as we all know, Dusk Owl had a perfect memory.

"Ebon Star and CrystalStream have sent some of the fliers to scout out the area," she said, changing the subject, "I thought you and I could go look around too. It'll be nice to be able to do some exploring."

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:42 pm

Silver Leaf rolled his eyes. "Yes Dusk Owl. " he said in a joking but dull tone. He could tell his friend was happy, and it made him happier than he usually was. She'd gotten go much better...after her best friend ended up with Cold Flame who he knew she had liked...she hadn't been nearly this happy for a while.
Then his ears perked up and he exclaimed "Explore? Sure! That'll be fun! Just let me tell Red Falcon." With that he took off, explained breathlessly to Red Falcon that he and Dusk Owl were going exploring and was swiftly back.
"Ok, lets go!" Then he cheerily started walking towards the woods, assuming she would follow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:48 pm

Dusk Owl was amazed at how fast Silver Leaf could move when he wanted to. "You know, if you moved that fast all the time, I bet you could beat Running Wind in a race." she giggled. She started off with him.

"Not this way!" she laughed, "You're going back toward the Black Mountain territory. By the time we get there, the pack probably will have moved." She wondered what it was that made him want to go back that way. She was uncomforable as he out in the open, but that didn't want to make her go back toward their lost home.

"C'mon, let's go this way." She turned in the opposite direction, headed further out into the plains.

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:25 pm

Silver Leaf, with just as much enthusiasm replied, following her "Oops! I kinda forgot. Ok, lets go!" He grinned. "I guess i 'm just used to woods...exploring there too. " He looked around with a sigh, having calmed down a bit. "How are you supposed to 'explore' here? Its just plains. With grass. Lots and lots of tall, yellow grass. " He sighed. "Oh well. " He raised his nose in the air and closed his eyes to try and see what animals were nearby.
"Hm.. Small prey here. Rats, rabbits and such. Predators are small too. Small cats....Nothing to worry about. No foreign wolf scents either. " He said when he had finished. "But looking around will help." His learning to be a hunter had turned out very educational, despite the fact that it was just a temporary thing, until the pack had pups again. Of course, he doubted many wolves knew that. Just Red Falcon, the healers and Sage Ghost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:38 pm

Dusk Owl sighed. She didn't like the open spaces. She felt... exposed, vulnerable. "There's hardly a tree as far as wolf eyes can see," she commented, "Maybe we'll find something by the river. Ebon Star said we'd be following its course." She turned downhill, following her ears toward the scent of running water.

"At least now we're far enough from... from the mountain that the water should be cleaned. The packs will be thirsty after not having been able to drink for days."

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:00 pm

Silver Leaf nodded eagerly. She had reminded him of how thirsty he was. "Ok! Lets go!" and he began to set out towards the river.
Promptly stumbling over his feet like a pup and immidiately corrected himself and began walking normally with a look on his face that said "That never happened. " but if wolves could've blushed, he definately would've been a bit pink. He really didn't like his trait of keeping his puppy clumsiness.
"Um...do you know how much farther? I didn't realize how thirsty i was. " He was doing his best not to sound pupish. His tongue hanging out probably wasn't helping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:20 pm

Dusk Owl raised her nose into the air, taking a deep whiff of the scents around her, but when she lowered her head again, she looked disappointed. "I don't know, Silver Leaf," she admitted, "Everything around here smells so different from what I'm used to... I guess that just shows how far away from home we are."

She turned her face down to the ground, a single tear leaking from her eyes. "I miss the Mountain, Silver Leaf," she confessed, "I'm glad everyone's safe, but... The mountain was my special place. I could go there when I wanted to be alone, when I wanted to remember nothing but the clean air and the silence. There's nothing like that here... And who's to say that wherever Ebon Star chooses for us to stay will have any place like that?"

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:34 pm

He immediately lost his puppish smile for a simple, reassuring one.
"Don't worry Dusk Owl...i miss it too. I'll never remember it as clearly as you, but i won't forget it. And i'm sure Ebon Star will pick a place where you can feel just as at home. You can find some other place of peace...you'll get used to whereever we end up. I know you'll never be able to forget the Mountain, but its not the only one.."

He paused, at a loss for words, and hoping he had helped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resting...   

Back to top Go down

Resting...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1