The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

A Resting place

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: A Resting place   Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:28 am

Escaping the fire
Continuing on the run with a pup in his mouth, who is scared of what all is going on. Kotie can’t inform the pup, for that all is going to be okay, as he then had to stop and let Ciriaco loose for a bit to say it, then picking up and starting to run again. This would cost allot of valuable time and this is something no wolf has in this surrounding!

Hearing a howl coming from the front of the pack, he perked up his ears for a moment and heard from an other wolf’s shouting, that they are running out of time. When the whole pack picked up the pace, Kotie felt that he was dropping back in speed as the others went faster.

---

A Resting place
He was getting slightly tired from the running and wondered for how long he could keep this pace. Placing his ears backwards and narrowing his eyes, he continued to run. Making sure that he isn’t going to fall back much further.

After a while of keeping up his pace and saw the end of the burning forest in sight, he let out a sigh of relieve for having it made out of it. As everyone scattered and family members searched for each other, the young wolf with pup Ciriaco in his mouth couldn’t see the parents of Ciriaco or the other wolf who helped her too.
Laying down in the grass, carefully placing the pup between his paws and inspects it of any injuries.

kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:24 am

After the gentle inspection of Ciriaco, Kotie found no physical injures, so that is one worry less. Self he has also no physical injures, only a very dirty coat and still no sign of Sun Eye or Phantom or Snake Skin as no other wolf exited the forest anymore. Two thoughts passed his mind, one of them that they didn’t make it, the other one, that they took somewhere a wrong turn and lost track of the group. He hopes for the last one, for their sake….

Now it was time to get a bath, even the pup doesn’t really need one as he can shake the ash from him. But for the larger wolf its a whole different story, as the ash is sticking like glue to his coat and it is no pleasant feeling.

Slowly got Kotie and Ciriaco up and headed to the nearby river, there went the dark gray wolf in the water, to wash out the ash from his fur, while Ciriaco stayed on the shore and waited till the other wolf is finished. When he is finished and back on the shore he used a paw and gently washed the ash off from the pup.

Now he is going to take care of Ciriaco, even he doesn’t know the pup’s name as it there was no time for it to ask it, when he came to aid his parents, back in the burning forest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tsuki claw
New pack member
New pack member

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:46 pm

tsuki was sitting by a river and showing the animals to safety. all of the animals big or small, carnivore or parasite. after that she sat next to the river and started to clean her white coat. it was singed in places and she was starting to bleed.

Last edited by tsuki claw on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:32 am

"...blech, that smell is terrible," Shifting Winds grumbled. Sure, she was the Alpha female of the Tall Pines pack, and she was looking for members who had gotten separated, but the job was becoming harder to handle by the second. The stench of burning and blood made her job of tracking down packmates much harder than it had to be. Nonetheless, the relentless she-wolf continued to leap over logs and tread through burn ground to look for her lost comrades.

Suddenly, she caught a familiar scent. It was new; she had learned all of her pack member's scents, but this one was fresh in her memory. 'Must be a pup,' she thought as she continued to follow the smell. She then noticed that she was following a river upstream. "How convienient," she yipped as she followed...and followed...and followed the scent. She then saw the pup for herself...with another wolf. Running up to the older wolf, she bared her fangs and snarled at him:

"What is your name? What are you doing with a pup from the Tall Pines Pack?" she growled.

Last edited by mercury on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:08 pm

The older wolf is caught by surprise, when a she-wolf ran up to him, bared her fangs and snarled to him. Kotie backed-up a bit from the snarling and kept his tail low to ground. He looked up to face the other wolf and heard her questions.

“I..i am Kotie and I saved him from the burning forest.” He said with a bit of hesitation and hoped that his short answers where enough, as he knows that it is better to keep it short then making it too long. Even he is prepared to explain further, but only then when there is asked for.

For Ciriaco, it seemed to be a familiar wolf who spoke to Kotie and wandered to her.

((Not so good with playing an other char then my main one, so this pup may be played also by others who know him))

tsuki claw
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:34 pm

tsuki looked up and saw a wolf run by, she smelled like worry and fear. she could kill if she was desprate enough. eclipse looked at her coat. she was glad it was messy, for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:36 pm

Shifting Winds stopped her snarling and listened to the older wolf. She looked over the both of them quickly; both looked a bit dusty, but the older one looked burnt and covered in ashes. 'Maybe he is telling the truth...' she thought. She walked over to the pup and smelled him; this was Ciriaco. She remembered the pup and his littermates being born under her reign. She wagged her tail and licked the pup and said:

"Are you okay, little one?" She nuzzled him, then turned to the older wolf, "Kotie; I see that this pup is unharmed, and since I smell no fear on him...I can only assume that you are telling the truth. I, as the Alphess of the Tall Pines Pack, thank you from the bottom of my heart for risking yourself to help out this pup. If there is anything I can do for you, just say the word; I, and my pack, are in your debt."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tsuki claw
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:43 pm

tsuki saw that the situation was light now so she decided to go. she needed to find the rest of the animals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:26 am

Even if he has some burned spots, he felt nothing of it, perhaps that the pain of it comes later of it? For now he was not worrying about it, the pup is his main care for now. The older wolf remained on his position and waited for the things to come. As the Alpha licked the pup, the pup smiled and wagged his tail happily. On the question of he is okay, he let out a cheerful bark and gave her a small lick on the cheek.

You can say that this is one happy pup for now. For all to see and smell familiar pack members. When she turned to Kotie and addressed him he listened. Nodding in response for that the pup is unharmed, as the mother of Ciriaco had told him to keep him that way, so far he had accomplished that. Kotie smiled and stood now relaxed as the worst was over.

Hearing that She is the Alpha of the Tall Pines Pack, he gave her a gentle bow with this head, for showing the respect he has to her and let finishing before speaking up self:

“Your very welcome, even I just did my job, so it was nothing.” Thinking a bit for if there is something she or his pack could do for him. He could try to ask if he could stay with the pack, after all the pup is home by the right pack, only no trace for his parents, so he needs to say it correctly. After all not tried is nothing gained and what did he had to lose? Not much, perhaps only the care of the pup?

“Well… There is something you can do for me. Perhaps that I can join your pack? As I haven’t seen the parents of him yet and looking after him for now.” He said to her in a careful but friendly voice and awaited her decision and response.

mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:02 am

Shifting Winds listened carefully to what this Kotie was saying; he couldn't find Ciriaco's parents? That worried the she-wolf quite a bit; that meant that Phantom and Sun Eye were missing. She had gotten to know them fairly well after Sun Eye had given birth to her pups, and their disappearence troubled her. Sure, Phantom wasn't the brightest star in the sky, but for him to get lost here? Well...maybe it was easier than Shifting Winds thought.

"...you want to join?" she replied, sounding deep in thought, "Well...we do need more members. And we also do owe you...big time. Kotie, let me be the first to welcome you to the Tall Pines Pack."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:11 pm

On the question of wanting to join, the wolf simply nodded as he heard in voice of her that she could say more and listened to that.

“Thank you very much ma’am.” Kotie said and wagged happily with his tail. When the rest of the pack hears or finds out that he saved a pup of the pack from the fire, he could be seen as a local hero. Even he just did what hat to be done, aiding a wolf family.

Now can Kotie mean something for the pack, only he still hadn’t heard the name of the leader, who is standing in front of him. “So.. shall we try to find the rest of the pack and what is your name? As I haven’t heard that.” he asked her.

mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:43 pm

"We should," the buff-colored alphess replied to Kotie, "I have a good portion of them together a bit farther from here, where the woods aren't burning anymore. But we're stilling missing a few wolves...and my name is Shifting Winds." She then looked at Ciriaco. "...Kotie, perhaps you should carry Ciriaco? Since he knows you better, after all." She then turned to the direction from where she came, waiting for Kotie to give her the all-clear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:20 pm

The grey wolf found it good to hear that most of the pack is all complete, only finding the missing ones… that can be sometimes difficult, if you don’t know where to look then. But so long you have a scent of them, you can follow it and makes it easier. Asking for those who are missing is not needed, as he knows no one of the pack.

Hearing the name of the pack leader, Kotie need to remember that one. Shifting Winds he said in his thoughts and found it a nice name. As she asked him to carry the pup, he heard also the pup’s name and didn’t need to ask for that as he looked at the pup. Shifting Winds is right about Ciriaco and gave the Alpha a nod for that it is okay. He walked up to Ciriaco, picked him up, walked next to Shifting Winds and gave her the all-clear.

tsuki claw
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:19 pm

tsuki noticed that the fire had died down. which was good. she walked silenly-like a ghost- behind a rock and began cleaning her coat. she had to get the bloodstains off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:54 pm

Shifting Winds then started walking back upstream, back around to the area where she had left the rest of the pack. They knew that they had to stay together to have the best chance of survival, so her mission to find lost ones was a brave one. Fox Claw, and a few of the other Scouts, she figured, were also out. But. they were experienced trackers and rarely (if ever) got lost.

As she walked, she smelled something different from the burning and ashes; a wolf! And blood...this was most strange to the Alphess. Maybe an injured wolf? A kill made a by a wolf and abandoned due to the fire. She followed it; a small detour wouldn't hurt. She checked back at see if Kotie and his precious cargo was still behind her. She then peered around a rock, to see...a white wolf?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:15 am

Kotie followed the leader in a short distance behind her and was looking out for other wolves, especially wolves of their own pack. So far no luck, till Shifting Winds smelled a wolf and blood. The same smelled the male wolf behind her and he also wondered what it could be, as there are so much possibilities for what it is.
This smell was well familiar to him, as he had encountered before when he was on his journey to this place.

He was intending to ask it to her if they can check it out, if she was continuing to follow the route back to the pack. But there was no need for asking it, as she was all intending to check out the scent, he just kept her following with his cargo in his mouth. When the Alpha checked back to see if he and the cargo was still there he was and gave to her a gentle nod.

Then she peered around a rock to see what there is, and Kotie is also curious for what she sees. He lowered himself, placed the cargo on the ground and whispered to him: “Ciriaco, you just stay here behind the rock. I am going to see what there is.” Then silenced he crawled towards the rock and peered on the other side of it to see… a pure white wolf? Who is licking on a specific place on his or her fur.

Ciriaco who smelled also the same thing as the other two wolves, when he was placed down behind the rock and was told to stay there. He was just too curious and followed the grey wolf, struggled a bit to get between Kotie and the rock to look at the white wolf further up.

If you looked at this rock, you saw that it had three wolf heads and all three of them are looking at one white wolf, who is cleaning his or her fur.

tsuki claw
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:48 am

stuki looked up. her green eyes softend as she saw the pup. then she began to get up. "im sorry, am i in your way?" as she stood, she looked like an alpha but a starved one. then she noticed the two other wolves and became a bit wary. she lowerd her headl slightly and said in a much softer voice. " pardon my rudeness ill leave imeadiatly."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:01 pm

The wolf near the pup looked at Shifting Winds, if she wanted to say something, then turned back to the white wolf as they are also detected by her. The grey male wolf rose up from his laying position “No you aren’t in our way.” He said to her, “We caught your scent with blood and wanted to check it out.”

As he saw that she was ready to leave the area, he tried to stop by only speaking to her, while he remained by the rock as, Shifting Winds would not appreciate it, if he left his place and just walked up to her, After all he needs to watch over a pup too. “Wait! You are injured aren’t you? I have some basic healing knowledge, perhaps that I can help you?”

Kotie waited for a response of the white wolf and the Alpha, before doing anything else.

mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:37 pm

Shifting Winds watched the white she-wolf closely; she looked only a bit younger than herself. Her coat looked like it would be snow-white; meanng she probably came from a colder, more northern land. But, her fur was bloodied and burnt in some spots. 'Yet another injury from this wretched fire,' the Alphess thought. She looked back to see if Ciriaco was still there beside them; he was. 'Such a good pup,' she thought, before turned back to the injured wolf. Hearing Kotie's offer to help, she replied:

"You may, Kotie. Pack member or not...if we left this wolf here to bleed and perhaps die, the Spirits would not forgive us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:03 pm

What Shifting Winds said, Kotie nodded in agreement with her. “you’re right, no one deserve to die like this. For all on such you age.” He said to her. Then he picked-up Ciriaco and to walk over to the injured white wolf to see what he could do for help.
Only without the right herbs or plants you can’t do much, and by the look of the area they are in, it would be very hard to find something useful. The only thing he can do is now is to wash out the blood on her fur and hoping that the camping site has the right herbs or plants for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tsuki claw
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:39 pm

stuki raised her head a bit. "oh there is. some plants floueish in such heat. my friends'll help me." a few rabbits and other animals rose from thier watching posts. their scent was coverd by her blood. "thankyou for thinking about me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mercury
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Shifting Winds looked over the she-wolf yet again; she looked as if she could stand, maybe even walk. If they could take her to the base camp, then she'd be able to rest; away from the flames.

"...can you walk?" the Alphess asked, her voice sober, "We can take you to base camp, and clean out those wounds of yours." The yellow wolf looked nervous, she could see that the fire was spreading, and she didn't want to stay out here much longer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:47 pm

The grey wolf with the pup in his mouth, looked the injured wolf, then to the small animals, as she mentioned them. Personally for him, he found it unacceptable that she would deny any wolf aid, for all in that kind of condition.

Kotie placed Ciriaco on the ground, who padded a bit closer to the white wolf, as he was curious about her. “After that you can be on your way.” He said to her gently, in the hope that she would accept the offer. “I am Kotie by the way, this pup here is Ciriaco. And what is your name?”

tsuki claw
New pack member
New pack member

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:30 pm

tsuki sighed. her fur ruffling as she began to get up onto her scrawny feet. she was tall, but weak, her fur used to be pure white but was burned in patches. dust was hiding within the blood dripping from her side.

she remained calm. "pardon my rudeness. i am tsuki. i am from the north." her brght green eyes shone like emralds. how weird.....a wolf with green eyes.

she lowerd her head in respect. "yes i can run and if you want to assist me, it would be very rude to not take up your kind offer."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kotelinie
Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:40 pm

Ciriaco looked at the not so white wolf, getting up slowly and wagged his little tail, for seeing that the wolf could stand up and saw that she was injured from the blood on her side. But if it is worse, he doesn’t know yet, as he is too young to understand it.

Kotie kept a close eye on the pup, as it is his responsibility for him, while he listened to the she-wolf. Rudeness? Well, perhaps not in this situation as the fire has made lots of casualties and they are just picking up the survivor(s) of it, pack or no pack, saving a wolf is a life saved.

Hearing that she can run and wanting to have also assistance with it. Raises the question of who is going to help her. Them both, or only one of them?

Kotie turned to the Alpha Shifting Winds and saw in her eyes that she is nervous to stay any long on this place then is necessary. “Who is going to support Tsuki to the camp?” Kotie asked her. Then he turned to the little grey pup. “Come here Ciriaco, we are going and Tsuki is coming with is.” He said to the pup.

Slowly Ciriaco acknowledged for what Kotie said to him with a nod, turned around and padded towards him with his tail wagging.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Resting place   

Back to top Go down

A Resting place
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next