The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

much needed rest (FS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: much needed rest (FS)   Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:08 pm

The packs had arrived at a vast area of wide open land with tall yellow grass. There was maybe one or two trees in sight, but beyond that, the mass gathering of wolves were completely in the open. The packs scattered in the space, claiming spots in the dry grass to rest their weary bodies...

Red Eagle was eager to lie down ... her legs were practically begging her to just drop down to the ground and she eventually did surrender to the feeling. She shifted a bit where she lie, watching as her oldest daughter flopped down not-so-gracefully next to her. She moved her injured thigh out from under her, not flinching so badly as she had done in the past few days. The wound was healing and the throb of pain had dulled so much that it was almost unnoticeable. "This place is nice. The openess is a little ... unnerving though." The elder she-wolf commented lightly, looking around. The grass came up to her neck when she was lying down, so it didn't obscure her view.

Wildflower gave a great wide yawn before shaking her head at her mother. "That's true, but I'm just happy to be resting. I've never walked so far in my life. My paws hurt!"
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:18 pm

Running Wind never seemed to tire, and although he preferred forests as much as the next wolf, he rather enjoyed the open spaces. He'd never told anyone, but there had been a few times where he had been enjoying the wind passing through his fur so much that he hadn't been watching where he was going... and he'd run into a tree. He slowed down and laid beside his mother, nuzzling her comfortingly. "I think everyone's pretty tired," he agreed, "Thank Black Wolf, Ebon Star's called a time for rest."

"Knowing my brother, it will be no longer than necessary though," Cold Flame said, joining the group. He'd been one of the first to arrive, but as a favor to his brother, he'd gone back to be sure everyone had gotten here safely. Now, he could finally relax and spend some much-needed time with Wildflower. Approaching the beta she-wolf, he brushed his tongue over her muzzle, causing a snicker from Running Wind. Cold Flame glared daggers at him, but said nothing. Instead he stretched his legs and laid down besid his betrothed, intending to take a well-deserved rest.

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:47 pm

Wildflower leaned against Cold Flame, giving him a loving lick on his muzzle in return before turning her attention elsewhere. It's not like this area had much to keep her attention ... in fact, it was rather boring. Just open plains and a big wide sky. "Doesn't look like there's going to be much food here. That's a pity, too. I was hoping we'd get a break from small game." The Beta hoped it wasn't noticeable that she was practically salivating at the thought of food.

Red Eagle looked at her daughter and nudged her lightly in her side. "Maybe you should stick to small game, dear. You're not looking your usual lean self these days." Her tone was playful and she meant no harm to Wildflower, though it was true that she was getting a little ... pudgy around the middle.

The Beta she-wolf hesitated a moment, before laughing lightly and uncomfortably...
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:35 am

At his mother's comment, Running Wind broke out into full-hearted laughter. He had never heard such a verbal jab from either of his parents when his father had been alive, and he'd barely heard anything from his mother since then. He couldn't figure out where he got his sense of humor... "Stick to small game sis," he advised, "You look like you've been taking down entire elk behind our backs." He snickered.

Cold Flame looked up at her. She did look a bit pudgy, but it didn't make sense with all the travelling they'd been doing... fast-paced most of it. "Ease off, Running Wind," he sighed. He was tired... not really in the mood for his friend's jokes or verbal jousting.

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:44 am

Wildflower growled a bit towards her brother, her already spiky fur along the nape of her neck standing taller. "Lay off, Running Wind, or I'll take you down." The she-wolf was as serious as one could be about maiming their sibling, but she probably couldn't do it if she tried. Running Wind was simply too fast.

The tri-colored Beta got to her aching paws again, looking down at Cold Flame. "Could I talk to you a moment ...?" She muttered, her pale blue eyes sweeping to the side to look at her mother and her brother. "...Alone?"
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:53 pm

Running Wind really didn't pay any mind to his sister's growled demand. Even if she tried to take him down, it was a sure bet that he could outrace her. More than likely she could outfight him, being trained for heavier combat (as a flier) than he was, but he didn't plan on pushing any farther for now. Instead, he contented himself to just snickering, rather enjoying his sibling's reaction.

Cold Flame rolled his eyes at this, but at hearing her request, he looked up curiously. He glanced over at Running Wind and Red Eagle before finally nodding. He stood and started to slowly walk away. It would be hard to find a private spot in these open plains, but with luck, it wouldn't take them too long to find a spot away from any listening ears.

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Wildflower padded away from her mother and brother quickly, far enough to be out of earshot. She hesistated in her step, turning to look back and judging the distance between them and everyone else to be satisfactory. She could speak to Cold Flame comfortably now.

She took a seat, giving a shaky sigh and looking around everywhere, averting her eyes from Cold Flame's own fierce green gaze. She felt like a little pup about to confess to some big mischief. "Well I uh ... I've got something to tell you. Obviously." Wildflower slowly turned her pale blue eyes up to his, and paused before another shaky sigh escaped her muzzle. "Well, you see, I'm pregnant. Heh."
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:21 pm

Running Wind looked at his mother curiously as the two padded off on their own. "What was that all about?" he asked her, "Was it something I said?" He couldn't imagine what... or why his sister would be in such a bad mood.

Cold Flame sat down almost immediately when he noted that something seemed to be on Wildflower's mind. His electric green eyes gazed on her intently as she spoke, and when she mentioned her pregnancy, he didn't even seem to flinch. It should have been expected really, with him being the unemotional wolf that he was.

When he did react though, it was worth all of Wildflower's tense moments and worries. It started as such a small thing, a twitch of his muzzle, then it grew, until a thin smile snaked its way to each end. His tail, previously still, perked up in delight, and even began to wag. He knew very well what she was saying.

The young soldier closed the distance between them quickly and brushed his cheek against hers, "That's wonderful news, my Wildflower." He slowly drew his head back and looked at her, "If the gods have seen fit to give us pups, there's no reason to think that we are not meant for one another..." He paused briefly, "Wildflower, I think it's time we became mates."

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:54 pm

Wildflower laughed happily at Cold Flame's reaction, all her tension melting away as he nuzzled her. Her tail wagged wildly behind her and she pressed herself against him. She was very concerned before ... after all, they weren't officially mates so Cold Flame could pretty much bail on her if he wanted to. She, of course, knew he'd never do that to her ... but she still felt inclined to worry. "I wanted to tell you sooner, but it was never the right time with the last fight, the fire, the packs leaving..." She sighed and shook her head, although a bright smile remained on her face. "But I'm so happy that you're happy, Cold Flame..." Some tears trailed down her face silently, her tail still spinning with excitement.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:53 pm

Cold Flame brushed his tongue over Wildflower's cheek, licking away the tears that fell. He gave a nod to her. He was happy indeed, happy to know that his father, the great alpha that he had been, was to live on through their pups.

More than that, he alone knew the secret of his lineage, of all his siblings. In fact, no other knew, except Broken Light and his own mother. "Didn't you hear what I said though?" he said softly. He placed his paw on hers, "Wildflower, I think it's time that you and I... were mated... officially." He wasn't sure if she had simply not heard (being as absent-minded as the tended to be) or whether in her excitement and relief, she had merely overlooked it. Which one, it didn't matter though, just so long as she heard it now.

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:55 pm

Wildflower sniffled and looked up at Cold Flame, tears still brimming her eyes and spilling out down her cheeks. Her pale blue eyes shimmered with a new excitement though and a huge grin spread across her muzzle. "It's about time..." She laughed, leaning back and raising herself up on her hind legs. She wrapped her forepaws around Cold Flame's shoulders in a wolf hug. Her tail wagged slowly behind her as she brought her muzzle up to his ear, "I love you..." she murmured, nuzzling his neck before bringing herself down to all fours again.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:29 pm

Cold Flame felt as if he was about to be tackled when Wildflower raised onto her hind paws, but instead he found himself in her excited embrace. If a wolf could blush, his ebony-colored cheeks would have become beet red at that moment.

He brushed his neck against hers though once she finally managed to calm herself down. "I love you too, Wildflower," he said softly.

He smiled. Even though he wasn't an emotional wolf, he wanted to enjoy this special time with his new mate. He could only imagine the pack's reaction when the two told them of that decision. It also meant that one of Ebon Star's first official acts now that the packs were resting would be to appoint him... as the Black Mountain Pack's new male beta.

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:21 pm

Wildflower smiled warmly, giving a huge sigh of relief. At least now her pregnancy could be something of a happy thing for her in the middle of all this sudden sadness and not something to worry about. "We're going to be parents..." The thought scared her more than anything, but also made her super excited. She had no idea what kind of mother she'd turn out to be ... but at least she still had her own mother around to help her if she ever needed help. "Aren't you just too excited?" Wildflower grinned, imagining her emotionless mate entertaining rowdy pups and couldn't help but laugh.
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:16 pm

Cold Flame nodded, but he did little more than smile. That alone was excitement from him. In truth, he was as nervous as she was about becoming a parent. In fact, he wasn't sure that any wolves in Black Mountain Pack history had been parents so young.

Well, it didn't matter. For whatever reason, Black Wolf had seen fit to give him pups now, and he knew in his heart that he had never wanted to be a father with anyone else. "We should go see my brother as soon as we can," he suggested, "Perhaps after the evening hunt. As alpha, he deserves to know first... Although I don't think he'd have any objection of Red Eagle was present."

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:38 pm

Wildflower grinned, "Alright, that's fine with me." She nuzzled him again, her tail wagging excitedly behind her. "Until then, let's go back to my family. They're probably sharing crazy ideas about what's wrong with me." The female beta rolled her eyes, though a brilliant smile was still stretched across her muzzle. She turned and padded the distance back to where they had left her mother and brother earlier.

Red Eagle eyed them returning, her ears perked high. "What was that about, Wildflower?" She would never be able to guess that her daughter had just informed her new mate that she was carrying his pups. She looked between Wildflower and Cold Flame, her expression holding a mixture of concern and suspicion.

Wildflower face went slack except for the sparkle in her eyes. She always looked so silly when she tried to be dead serious. "Nothing, mom."
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Cold Flame couldn't help but grin. "Whatever they're thinking, it'd be right," he teased. Evidently he'd been hanging around with Running Wind a bit much lately. He quickly leaned over and nuzzled her, reassuring her his comment was meant as a jest.

By the time the two had arrived, his face was back to its usual, stoic, emotionless self. "We just had some things that needed to be discussed," he answered, not wanting to give any details until his brother had a chance to make the official announcement.

Running Wind snickered. "Knowing you, Wildflower, Cold Flame did all the listening," he grinned, "You probably talked his ears off... Well... maybe not that much. They're still there... but they must be sore."

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:37 pm

Wildflower stopped next to her jokester of a brother and smirked, her eyes narrowed at him. "You know, I'm just so lucky to have a brother with such amazing wit. Seriously Running Wind, thank you for all your little comments, they're the greatest and I love you soooooo much for them, big brother!" Quickly, before he could react, Wildflower gave her brother the sloppiest sisterly lick in wolven history up his forehead, causing the large tuft of fur there to stand up like a mohawk.

The beta moved over to where her mate was and took a seat next to him, "So when's the evening hunt?"

Red Eagle stared at her children, a look of surprise in her eyes. "Oh dear, I've raised a pair of barbarians..."
Back to top Go down
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:14 pm

Cold Flame rarely even cracked a smile, but somehow, Wildflower always managed to get him to do that, and more. Perhaps that was one of the reasons that he loved her as he did. He cracked a wide grin at the look on Running Wind's face.

Running Wind looked positively embarrassed. He quickly backed away. "Eyuch!" he groaned, "The least you could do is leave my fur the way I had it! You know how long it takes to work on a doo like this?!" He shook his head, causing most of his fur to fall back down into his eyes, drawing an exasperated sigh from the young hunter.

PostSubject: Re: much needed rest (FS)   

Back to top Go down

much needed rest (FS)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1