The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Riff-Raff and Responsibility

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Riff-Raff and Responsibility   Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:40 pm

There comes a time in a young wolf’s life when the bridge from puphood to adulthood must be crossed, whether it is thanks to an experience, another wolf, or just the inevitability of growing up. Gone were the follies of frolicking in the fields with a friend or young sweetheart, playing foul tricks on the senile, and burdening the family – at least, for most wolves his age. At 2 years, most wolves would brace themselves for the responsibility the world would push onto their shoulders; like work, death, and love. Reluctantly for some, eagerly for others; each and every wolf at the age of 1 prepared themselves to bury away their past – permanently or temporarily – for the better.

This unspoken creed seemed to flourish greatly among the young minds of the Light Valley Pack. Everywhere you turned, you would see one adolescent after the other volunteer themselves to appease their superiors. If you looked to the East, you would see the formerly combative Sweet Amy obeying the elder’s commands to fetch them nourishment for the coming winter. If you looked to the West, Sable was cooperating with his father – for once - in one of their training sessions, rather than abandoning him for a game of tag. And as your eyes wander to the North – as if in hopes to prove me wrong about my estimates, for whatever reason – you’d be disappointed. At 1 and half months of age, Bruno was flying all over the place, trying to dissuade two ferociously squabbling pups from tearing each other’s throats out. As for the South of Light Valley…

“Young pest, come back here this instant!”

Oops.

“Ha ha ha ha ha! No way! You’re gonna have to catch me FIRST!”

Did I type “everywhere you turned”? Because I definitely forgot about…one certain wolf, who was running for his life at this certain moment from another certainly peeved wolf.

“CROUCHING FOX!”

The first certain wolf I mentioned streaked in and out of the trees, his body broad with light now that the leaf barrier was dissipating, lobbying a bone in his mouth quite eagerly. As he leapt over a fallen log, he turned to his pursuer, grinning.

“Not getting slow with age, are we?”

The wolf trailing behind him, another young male by the name of Maelstrom, flared his nostrils and began to work up an enviable pace, almost as enviable as Crouching Fox’s. The two adolescents were like colored blurs, with one blink, you’d see ‘em in one spot, with another, they’d already be a mile away from where you last saw them.
“Crouching Fox, give me back my bone!” Maelstrom shouted against the wind, dashing up a gargantuan, moss-eaten boulder behind the other male wolf and flying off its edge…

Laughing, the other young adult responded in kind: “And why should I?...What’s so special about this bone that you’re gonna chase me up and down Light Valley for?” Crouching Fox smirked to himself. He knew exactly why Maelstrom was getting so worked up about the measly rabbit rib bone…but he wasn’t about to say much, if anything, about it now. Oh no, right now he was simply enjoying the chase…the thrill of flying through rivers and streams… racing up hills and boulders…darting through the trees…all of which were potential obstacles…during which he was being hunted down by a wolf reputed for his fierceness and strength. Fear and anticipation flew up from the nerves of his feet to his brain, whereas adrenaline churned out excitement in his movements. His tail twittered, his ears flicked, and spit bounced from his lolling tongue and his dry throat. Now, out of all of the young wolves in Light Valley, Crouching Fox got his kicks in the oddest ways –getting dangerously temperamental wolves enraged only being one of those weird pleasures of his. Not to say he didn’t frolic in the fields with a friend or sweetheart, play tricks on the old folks, or burden the family – no, he did all those things…with a few twists.

But now was not the time to comprehend, or inform you of such twists. Now, wondering when his friend was going to give him a catty reply, Crouching Fox turned his head to deliver a snappish remark: “Geeze, Mally, you’re so slow!...I thought you would be workin’ harder for this, seeing as this is, after all, a little gifty poo from your girl-“ Suddenly, a tiny black spot formed on his back…and grew bigger….and bigger…with Crouching Fox recognizing the source almost instantaneously when he cocked his head to the sky. Try as he might’ve to evade the inevitable doom, however, he was by then too worn out from 40 minutes of running all over the forest to speed up and away… “AHHHHHHHH!...Hee hee hee… . AHHHHHHHH!” When the last ‘AHHHHHH’ left his tongue, the two wolves collided – and as Crouching Fox tripped over a tiny pebble – they went tumbling down a steep, muddy bank, and into the cold, rushing fury of the river below.

For a moment, there was nothing but the sounds of twittering birds, wind-blown leaves, and a pinch of silence that seemed to dominate the forest when it wasn’t perturbed. Then, out of the water’s depths, the two male wolves slowly raised their heads, soaked from ear tip to toe. Both wore very characteristic, if not strange expressions on their maws. Maelstrom’s black lips were fixed to a scowl, and his yellow irises glimmered sharp and cat-like under the sun’s rays. Crouching Fox reflected his expression, whilst letting a growl seethe through clenched teeth in the undertones of a whisper...

OOC: Jus' so ya know, the characters I mention earlier are just NPC's - as in, characters I made up on the dot and aren't really vital to the RP. So...nope, you won't be seein' them again. As for Maelstrom...well...I hope you all know who he is, but I'll rewrite his profile on the double. And what he'll become in the future. Anyway, anybody can join this RP...whether it be to join in the future mischief making that Crouching Fox will attempt or to abolish it for gewd. >:3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flecksofgreen.livejournal.com
mightymorphinpowahranger
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Riff-Raff and Responsibility   Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:52 pm

Quote :
“Young pest, come back here this instant!”
sorry to nitpick, but... if theyre both adolescents, then why is Maelstrom calling him a young pest when he himself is the same age? xD

also...i will be joining this RP. any RP with Crouching Fox draws me like a moth to a flame. you bet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roxy90
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Riff-Raff and Responsibility   Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:54 pm

Sorry, I was out of it when I wrote that post. *Still am, to be honest...woo. No more parties for me, that's for sure...* XD But I like how it starts out jabbering about the obviousness of responsibility, and then you have two individuals who...aren't quite fans of the practice. X3 Cliche and almost Aladdin-ish, but hey - hopefully this'll be a more lighthearted affair than all the dark and soap opera-y RPs we make. There can only be so much drama...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flecksofgreen.livejournal.com
FaunaMyth
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Riff-Raff and Responsibility   Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:37 pm

ooc: i think i'll bring in a char, to get practice RPing him before he becomes more important later Wink

A dark furred wolf chuckled at the sight as he appeared from the shadows of the trees on the bank. Despite his entrance and coloring, he was very kind. But, he was also responsible.

"Crouching Fox! Maelstrom! What have we here? " The scout said with a grin. He knew the two young pack members were probably up to no good. They were both younger than him by alot, close to Little Creek's age instead of being close to her missing older sisters age like he was.

"So, what landed both of you two in the river? You should get out, you know. Instead of glaring so viciously at each other. Whatever you were fighting over you probably just lost."
Dark Rain was very logical sometimes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Riff-Raff and Responsibility   Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:28 pm

This is actually a good practice thread for TLVP. Smile

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Riff-Raff and Responsibility   Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:19 pm

ooc:i know, right? Razz wanna bring Cloudy in? I've been considering bringing one of the sisters in..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mightymorphinpowahranger
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Riff-Raff and Responsibility   Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:44 pm

Afar from the mini drama that was unfolding at the Light Valley pack, a lone wolf treks the plains, looking like the result of a tryst between Dr. Seuss and Vivan Maximus. Brown stripes and yellow spots dot her black body; even odder still, her eyes held two different colors. One resembles the depths of the sea, transparent and cold in their shades of swirling cereulean, the other more muddy and uncertain. With them, she notices the descent from the stone infested, brittle grass of her homeland to the evolution of brush to tree. She still has a long ways to go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riff-Raff and Responsibility   

Back to top Go down

Riff-Raff and Responsibility
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The White Ridge Saga :: Alphas ONLY :: The Mountain in the Sky-
Jump to: