The Snows of White Ridge continues an epic, as blessings, changes, and trials alike come to the newly-named White Ridge Pack, and their allies, the Swift River Clan.
The website of the Packs

HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

Number of posts : 930
Registration date : 2007-07-22

PostSubject: LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)   Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Okay... So I've always wanted my own lightsaber, but I could never quite get the pieces to fit. Well, this isn't exactly what I'd want, but it's close enough for now! Have a look, and tell me what you think!

My first, green saber:

I decided I didn't like the crystal in that one, so I changed it to blue:

Of course, after I got that one right, I HAD to build another... I decided to take a short walk on the Dark Side:

But then my thought was... Why do sabers always have to be used as weapons? why can't they be simple utility or medical tools? Thus, I created the light dagger. It's more a tool than a weapon, but it'll still do in a pinch:

Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-09-05

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)   Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:33 pm

Very nice Lightsabers ya made there, and for the last one... if the Klingons here about that one.. They run over the factory to get them all, and maybe also the blueprints of it to make them self.

Anyhow, Mr. Worf is very happy with this new toy, as i told him he gets one asap i have a rendezvous point with the supplier.

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)   Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:29 pm

Spring loaded lightsaber FTW. I keep one in my car AT ALL TIMES. I swear it on my life.

Edit: I SEE YOUR FEET!
Back to top Go down
KenseiKitsune
Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 451

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)   Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:04 pm

Personally, if I were you, I would be wary of laying your lightsabres on the floor while on. heh

Very nice work. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)   Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:45 pm

My skills continue to improve. Now, not only do I have my own twin sabers, but I've also managed to create one for my sister, and one for my friend Gerald too.

Kara (my sister, and padawan. ) :

Gerald, Jedi Knight:

And of course there's me... Jedi master.

Starfleet Vice Admiral
\m/ Melodic Rocker
and ICTer

Starfleet Vice Admiral  \m/ Melodic Rocker  and ICTer

Number of posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)   Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:05 pm

Also 3 neat pictures of that, only i see also in the first 2 pictures red eyes. And the picture of you non...

The way to get rid of those red eyes, use a cloning stamp in the program to erase it. Can also be used to get rid of the time and date, without really needing to do it pixel by pixel.

Anyhow, ya look cool on it.

And i have a picture of me somewhere, holding a uzi. Very Happy

*goes to grab it*

Edit

here it is

Taken on 28 may, 2005

FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)   Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:59 pm

Okay, so I really wasn't happy with my first sabers. They were okay, but they lacked the luminosity and the realism that I was looking for. I got some new tools and went to work on a new set, first retooling the three above sabers. The results are essentially models of sabers used by Anakin and Luke Skywalker, as well as a redesigned Darth Vader saber.

Luke Skywalker's (green) saber:

Anakin Skywalker's saber:

Darth Vader's saber:

I also created sabers similar to those of two well-known Jedi Masters-

Qui-Gon Jinn's saber:

Mace Wind's Saber:

Of course, I decided I should strike out on my own a bit more and create a saber that didn't rely so much on the established plastic balde which formed the "skeleton" of the previous works, so I used a simple flashlight (no blade attatched to it whatsoever) to create a lightsaber based on that built by Miralukan sith-turned-jedi "Visas Mar." Her saber was named for her homeworld, which had been previously wiped out by her sith master. It is called "The Hope of Katarr."

The Hope of Katarr:

With all that, I had to redsign my "light dagger." I couldn't leave it looking as bad as the others, so I reworked it and gave it a new color.

And just in case anyone thinks my only photoshop skills revolve around Lightsabers... not true at all. In fact, I managed to use it to... ahem... get a great shot of our cat's desperate attempt to get to the warm heater vents... on the ceiling. Wink

Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)   Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:42 pm

Yeah, well...my cat's cuter than yours, so there. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flecksofgreen.livejournal.com
FireStormWarning
TWRP Alpha
TWRP Alpha

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)   Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:48 pm

A subjective opinion if I ever heard one, especially considering that dogs PWN cats any day. :p

Dedicated Saga Member
Dedicated Saga Member

Number of posts : 451

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)   Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:51 am

Boo!

Dogs, they are no good. :p

Cats are better.

Nice work on those. I especially like the cat sitting on the ceiling. hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kenseikitsune.deviantart.com/
mightymorphinpowahranger
Loyal Packmate
Loyal Packmate

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)   Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:21 pm

neat sabers, but...how could you have built them? oh wait...nevermind. anyway, kensei, i disagree. cats suck. dogs rule. and that is final. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)   

Back to top Go down

LIGHTSABERS! (I'm a dork, but have a look)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1